Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 1st August 2010, 17:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

@Advait, thanks. I think you will be wishing to fast forward the time directly to the next week. Whats the OTR price of the bike here in Pune ? And of the Electra, if you have inquired ?

Quote:
What I got to know from them is RE models are now heads turning from old and young, boys and girls alike
I think the UCE engine really opened up the demand floodgate for RE, since a huge number non-traditional enthusiasts turned to the brand, who wanted the charm of an RE, but in a comparatively reliable and conventional (LHS gears) package. I fall into this category too.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 07:00   #17
BHPian

Guys,

Some good news !!! Here is the D-day, I had paid the balance amount to the dealer on Monday and expceted delivery is todya evening. I am so excited I cnat even type porperly; execuse typos
I will post some pics this Saturday or Sunday when I get over from my new ride "hangover".

Sajo - thats right, UCE is the prime reason I am living my dream of 14 years. Though I liked the old engine for its sound more.
advaitlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 11:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations advait!

Please post your experiences of riding, as well as the dealership experiences. Also, if its okay, the total OTR price in Pune too. Ohh, and the pics, lots of them! .
I really do want to take the TD of the Electra, (which I hope doesnt have as big a waiting as the TBTS), maybe this weekend.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 12:38   #19
BHPian

Congratulations Advait!!

Good to see that you are getting your dream fulfilled. Planning to Ride down to Gujarat anytime?
Bapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 15:36   #20
BHPian

Congrats!!! and happy thumping!!
Please ride the bike following the run-in procedures mentioned in the manual.
cheers!!
schitre05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 16:21   #21
BHPian

Congrats again advait, just a co-incidence you are getting your TBird on my Bird's 1st anniversary! (well almost - its tomorrow)

On Tilak Rd, check out the new big 3 storey Shakti sports (opposite their old small shop) - they have a decent enough collection of helmets there.

Last edited by Abhay : 5th August 2010 at 16:27.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote