Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 15th November 2005, 20:50   #16
BHPian

my main mechanic where iv got all dese moddifs done is (ftw)fine tune works) 4th block jayanagar. for other small jobs i go to tara motors frazer town cuz i liv close by.
cooljun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2005, 23:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Whoa this is gettin way too much. I've seen Kinetics and Honda Dio's gettin done up with chambers and mufflers...but a performance mod like this...never even dremt of it. Congrats man, keep revvin!!!
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2005, 00:59   #18
BHPian

but then i've seen fully blown kineys that can do wheelies at signal lights......
there are a few chambered kineys in bangalore and they sound awesome and i've seen one wid disc brakes in the front too!
however a dio seems to be an all fart attempt coz, its a 4-stroke and hence u cant expect a power jump like on a kiney....most just use a freeflow to get mroe sound and thats it.....
nice to know that someone is modding a scooter to kill the bikes...and thats something that even i would love to do...a wolf in a sheep's clothing is what i always prefer!
fieroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2005, 08:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

My friend has modded his Dio with k&n and iridium spark plugs. It has much more performance than the standard bike, and makes a good noise which is not just loud.

Last edited by islero : 16th November 2005 at 08:29.
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2005, 08:52   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Who says you cant do a wheelie on 4 strokes or a stoppie on drums
Check this dude out:

source:xbhp
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2005, 08:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

WOW! Those wheelies and stoppies are really cook. Never thought they could be done on a Dio or sumtin.
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2005, 09:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

what kinda dio is that man? nice!!
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2005, 21:31   #23
BHPian

Question

hi guys apart drom my present mods kan u guys please suggest mods to pop wheelies at signal lights like what fieroid was tellin us about. rit now i c no wheelior anytin close to dat happenin on my kini. and another thin is that my bike has jus finished 200km after d engine job so i aint pushin it hard. wat would be the ideal runnin period for oversized pistons.????
Old 16th November 2005, 22:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljun
hi guys apart drom my present mods kan u guys please suggest mods to pop wheelies at signal lights like what fieroid was tellin us about. rit now i c no wheelior anytin close to dat happenin on my kini. and another thin is that my bike has jus finished 200km after d engine job so i aint pushin it hard. wat would be the ideal runnin period for oversized pistons.????

Man didn't you read my earlier post or are you just stupid?

You need to modify the goddamn clutch to be able to pop wheelies. You need to have radical porting and a pipe that kicks in hard at about 6500-7000 rpm. Not to mention carb and ign mods to match the engine.

PM me if you want details of the clutch.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2005, 09:02   #25
BHPian

Question

hi guys my tyres are almost worn out . any suggestions on tyres that i can use on the kini.impoted or indian?
Old 20th November 2005, 09:43   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Easy answer, imported! Having said that finding an imported tire for a scooter is not as easy as a bike because the market demand it not as high.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2005, 10:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
cooljun

Please speak English. Or use any other language without cutting/chopping words into incomprehensible abbreviations. We prefer to understand what you're trying to convey, and not guess...
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2005, 12:02   #28
BHPian

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
cooljun

Please speak English. Or use any other language without cutting/chopping words into incomprehensible abbreviations. We prefer to understand what you're trying to convey, and not guess...
hi steeroid sorry for that. what i meant to ask u guys was that what would be the ideal run-in period(ride the bike below 40) for a kinetic like mine with oversize pistons etc????
Old 20th November 2005, 12:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
hi steeroid sorry for that. what i meant to ask u guys was that what would be the ideal run-in period(ride the bike below 40) for a kinetic like mine with oversize pistons etc????
ideal run in period should be about 500-600kms.
why not get an after market air filter and upsize on your mainjet??
i hope you have already upsized your jets after getting the shogun piston.
also get hold of a good expansion.should give you about 25% increase in performance (atleast) without reducing engine life too much.how about a CDi from ron chinoy? check out www.rddreams.com u should get tons of ideas about 2 stroke mods from there
cbr1000f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2005, 20:32   #30
BHPian

Question k&N

hi guys right now im running my bike on a company provided stock filter. can any one please suggest a good air filter. a guy on jc road is offerin me a filter called porsche or sumtin.... what shud i do?? i dont mind a drop in the mileage but definately want a better sound and increase in power. what about k&n??