Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 16th September 2012, 20:24   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Assembling My Own *enfield*

Bad news! There was a bit leakage from the lower side on the right ( gear lever side). I opened and aligned the gasket and asked one of my friends to tighten the bolt. I had just gone inside the workshop to get the tools and when i come back, what i see is that this guy is sitting with the bolt head in his hand and the broken piece inside the thread.

Now what the problem is that the assembly is of the oil pump, and the moment i crank the engine, a pool of oil would form. So now i am planning to remove the engine from the frame and would be taking it to pudpet (all in chennai would be familiar of this place).

The following things would be undertaken

1. General engine service
2. Decarbonation of the engine
3. Clutch replacement
4. Gear box service
5. Replacing all gaskets
6. Changing piston rings (if required)
S.I.N.G.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 13:36   #62
BHPian

Latest Update on my project
I have given the engine to Mr. Jaffar at Pudupet. The head been removed to get it decarbonized. There was a bit noise in the rocker set during running, so the rocker set has been replaced. The piston was fine (20 number) so i just got the rings changed. Rest all gaskets would be replaced and i would be getting back the engine on Monday hopefully!

As of now, parts worth 1700 have been given to the mechanic. Another 2000-2500 bucks would be spent as labour/ misc work.

I'll keep the thread updated on this!
Old 2nd October 2012, 16:12   #63
BHPian

This was how the piston looked when we opened the head. The condition of the head was equally bad.
Attached Images

Old 2nd October 2012, 17:48   #64
BHPian

Please post the picture of head also. Is there and need to make valve seats?

In my Std 350 I am having big amount of slush (dry carbon +engine oil) in the bottom crank case. How to get it clean? Using flushing fluids may not suitable in bullet because at the time of draining sufficient quantity of oil stuck in feed pump.
(Alok) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 11:06   #65
BHPian

Thanks for the reply.
To get that done, you need to give the engine for complete rework. That would include the head work, barrel work (if required) and the crank case work. It would cost you somewhere around 10-15k. All the carbon would be removed, the head would be cleaned, piston and rings would be replaced if required, the fuel pumping system would be serviced, the cams would be replaced if required and a general cleaning of the block would be done. But please make sure that you give it to a mechanic who works exclusively with enfields, else you may end up ruining your bull!
Old 15th April 2013, 15:29   #66
BHPian

Hello to all. Its after pretty long that I am posting here. Latest info. I am now preparing a 1979 350cc engine. I have put the project into stages.

Stage 1. Procurement of the engine (already done)
Stage 2. Dis assembly of the engine as well as the transmission
Stage 3. Making a list of the required parts and sourcing them.
Stage 4. Assembly of the engine and get it in stock running condition.
Stage 5. Sourcing an injector kit for the 350cc engine
Stage 6. installation of the injector and programming it for best performance.

Over that I am planning to sell the 1982 std enfield as I would be needing money for this project.

Anyone who could help me with the project and selling the bike is welcome.

To the mods- please make changes to the post if required.