Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th August 2010, 15:27   #1
BHPian

Default Hero honda Hunk revamped with trendy features! Any upgrade for CBZ extreme?

I am planning to own a new bike 150 cc.Check this scoop. I was very much comfortable with my old CBZ, which sold last year. I really miss the digital console and rear disk brake in current CBZ.
Hunk ... I just hate the rear side of that bull
Also Unicon has stoped production.Waiting period in city is around 10 months :-O
Is Hero honda is sleeping ....????

The 2010 Hunk sports same engine but has newer features such as
  • Rear Disc Brake
  • Digital and Analog Speedometer with clear fonts
  • New visor
  • New front fender
  • Tubeless tyres
  • LED tail lamps
  • Attractive graphics on the tank
  • Bull Logo on tank shrouds
  • Maintenance-free battery
With a host of features, Hero Honda will obviously hike the price of Hunk. Yamaha FZ radically redefined the 150 cc segments and the old horses, CBZ Xtreme, Pulsar 150 and Honda Unicorn aren’t much on the radar of youths who wants to buy a 150 cc bike. Honda answered this issue with the Dazzler. And now, its Hero Honda Hunk which enters the premier 150cc segment.
The new Hunk was caught on a TVC vide0 by TBCI Channel. Hero Honda’s new Hunk looks to be a perfect competitor to Honda’s CB Unicorn Dazzler. The details of the launch date and price will be revealed in a short time. Stay tuned to vicky.in as we will let you know them as soon as possible!

Sourse :Hero Honda to launch newfangled Hunk soon! | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos
Antonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 10:03   #2
BHPian

No news -No Scoops !!!
Old 14th August 2010, 12:24   #3
BHPian

Check the Instrument cluster ..!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hero honda Hunk revamped with trendy features! Any upgrade for CBZ extreme?-2010_hero_honda_hunk.jpg  

Old 16th August 2010, 14:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Refrained from commenting as i was not aware of any news/scoops. But the latest pic of the instrument cluster looks more like a PS job to me.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 14:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Any changes in the power output & engine mechanicals (say- FI, etc.) or the HH Munjals are happy with new stickers, rear discs & digital display on the bike to announce a major upgrade.

I think I read (in XBHP) that power output is 17 bhp. But. the HH site is not showing the revised figures, so presume that incorrect info posted on XBHP.

Wonder when Indian manufacturers will learn about R&D as an important tool for their products line-up, especially the Munjals who are busy buying expensive non-Honda luxury cars & property from the money earned by selling from unchanged products...
(...& there are the Bajajs who would like to launch a new product for any R&D work done by their team).
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 21:37   #6
BANNED

I am getting sick of those HH stickers .
greatmana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:05   #7
BHPian

Related Article Here - 2010 Hero Honda Hunk To Get More Muscles
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:54   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
I am getting sick of those HH stickers .
There are significant feature additions. This is not a sticker upgrade. Check the first post for the features.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

A much needed upgrade.

Always liked the bike but the meters seemed ages back.

The new console looks great.
Have always loved the Hunk looks more than the sore on your face Xtreme.
arnabchak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:45   #10
BHPian

The instrument cluster is a brilliant design. Would love to see in in real. The bike is now a complete package with decent power.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 10:31   #11
BHPian

Default Re: Hero honda Hunk revamped with trendy features! Any upgrade for CBZ extreme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonian View Post
I am planning to own a new bike 150 cc.Check this scoop. I was very much comfortable with my old CBZ, which sold last year. I really miss the digital console and rear disk brake in current CBZ.
Hunk ... I just hate the rear side of that bull
Also Unicon has stoped production.Waiting period in city is around 10 months :-O
Is Hero honda is sleeping ....????

The 2010 Hunk sports same engine but has newer features such as
  • Rear Disc Brake
  • Digital and Analog Speedometer with clear fonts
  • New visor
  • New front fender
  • Tubeless tyres
  • LED tail lamps
  • Attractive graphics on the tank
  • Bull Logo on tank shrouds
  • Maintenance-free battery
With a host of features, Hero Honda will obviously hike the price of Hunk. Yamaha FZ radically redefined the 150 cc segments and the old horses, CBZ Xtreme, Pulsar 150 and Honda Unicorn aren’t much on the radar of youths who wants to buy a 150 cc bike. Honda answered this issue with the Dazzler. And now, its Hero Honda Hunk which enters the premier 150cc segment.
The new Hunk was caught on a TVC vide0 by TBCI Channel. Hero Honda’s new Hunk looks to be a perfect competitor to Honda’s CB Unicorn Dazzler. The details of the launch date and price will be revealed in a short time. Stay tuned to vicky.in as we will let you know them as soon as possible!

Sourse :Hero Honda to launch newfangled Hunk soon! | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos
The new hero honda hunk is already in the market with all above mentioned features, except the useless HH graphics.
Yes, this bike is a clean muscular bike with bull logo on tank shrouds.

Any idea about ex-showroom price in bangalore??
ImranShahnawaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 10:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Re: Hero honda Hunk revamped with trendy features! Any upgrade for CBZ extreme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz View Post
Any idea about ex-showroom price in bangalore??
The bike looks quite good. Rear disc brake and gold colored gas shocks at the rear.

And contrary to HH policy this has minimal stickers.

I would really have liked to get one.

Problem is I am straight... (Apologies to Hunk owners this is just a joke).
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 14:20   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The bike looks quite good. Rear disc brake and gold colored gas shocks at the rear.
+1.. It has a very good paint quality. The engine is hardly audible and very refined without any vibes (at least on the test mule which was almost new).

Quote:
Problem is I am straight...
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 08:26   #14
BHPian

Quote:

I would really have liked to get one.

Problem is I am straight... (Apologies to Hunk owners this is just a joke).
Spitfire a big LOL!! Btw saw this bike, actually two of them on road. Red colour looks attractive and the tail is very striking. Was standing next to it in the signal, and had a nice look at its digital console. Looks good. Btw, on the other hand, the rider on the bull(I believe he too was straight) was staring at my girl as if he hasnt seen a girl for centuries

As Abhinav said, bike is very silent and smooth. Well isn't this a standard amongst all honda engines. They have been very silent and smooth.

From the official site I learned that the bike is 146kgs heavy! Was shocked. I was thinking that I am the one who's riding the heaviest(Well officially in the 150 category, my girl is the undefeated heavy weight champion with 149Kgs)
AlphaKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 10:12   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Good move I think. Didnt have much bikes with rear disc brakes which IMHO is needed.
And Hunk is a good looker among the 150's.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote