Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

View Poll Results: Yamaha RD350 Or Royal Enfield Classic 500
Yamaha RD350 31 75.61%
Royal Enfield Classic 500 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14th August 2010, 20:15   #1
BHPian

Default Yamaha RD350 Vs RE 500 Classic????

Hi guys, I have Rd350 working fine without any problem. I was planning to sell the Rd and get RE 500 Classic. Please help me if it would be a good decision. The only issue with RD is the maintenance. I guess RE has the same maintenance. Still confused.

Please help me to make wiser decision.Your reply would greatly appreciated.

VJ..

Last edited by v12 : 15th August 2010 at 22:28. Reason: Excessive "......'s" removed.
vinjaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 20:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Stick with your RD, you will not like the downgrade and repent later.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 23:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Aah, the same confusions; looks like I'm not the only person to undergo all these. Here're my thoughts...

I need to spend most of my weekends messing up with my motorcycle; I need to search around the city, call up up friends in next state for parts; I need to find replacements for certain parts; I need a trustable mech or need to keep changing the mech because of incompetence; I need to google & ebay a lot for some parts; I enjoy high cost of maintainence; I need fun & want people to watch me; I need people to enquire what motorcycle is this, where did I get & is it still available - all these points are obvious to RD

I need to spend most of my weekends with family; I don't care how the service centre fixes the issue; I need to enjoy long comfortable drives; I don't need people's attraction; I like to have yet another motorcycle; I don't care about any competence work; I'm not worried on my motorcycle maintainence - all these points are obvious to C5

Now which one do you need? The Thumper or the Exotic?
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 23:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Dont get confused sell your RD to me and buy bull for peace of mind.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 23:50   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Either you haven't used the RD the way it has to be and you have not ridden the C500.

Or, you just grew old:P

Keep it and also get a C500.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 00:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I need to spend most of my weekends with family; I don't care how the service centre fixes the issue; I need to enjoy long comfortable drives; I don't need people's attraction; I like to have yet another motorcycle; I don't care about any competence work; I'm not worried on my motorcycle maintainence - all these points are obvious to C5
Your thought are way off from reality(no pun intended)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Either you haven't used the RD the way it has to be and you have not ridden the C500.

+1 to that
Old 15th August 2010, 04:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Your thought are way off from reality(no pun intended)
What is your point? Are you referring to the poor A.S.S from RE?
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 11:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

I call dibs on your RD.

Buy the C5, it is much more awesome.

PSL Just kidding, don't even think about it. But if you do, what I wrote above stands.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 13:31   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Stick with your RD, you will not like the downgrade and repent later.
I have the similar feeling...

Quote:
Aah, the same confusions; looks like I'm not the only person to undergo all these. Here're my thoughts...

I need to spend most of my weekends messing up with my motorcycle; I need to search around the city, call up up friends in next state for parts; I need to find replacements for certain parts; I need a trustable mech or need to keep changing the mech because of incompetence; I need to google & ebay a lot for some parts; I enjoy high cost of maintainence; I need fun & want people to watch me; I need people to enquire what motorcycle is this, where did I get & is it still available - all these points are obvious to RD

Now which one do you need? The Thumper or the Exotic?
What I think is RD is like a laddo... Joo khayee vooo pachtayee(Only in maintenance) Aur joo naa khayee voo bhi pachtayee...

The only thing which is eating me is once I get C5 will this gonna happen "I need fun & want people to watch me; I need people to enquire what motorcycle is this, where did I get & is it still available "

No doubt that C5 also has 27.2 bhp with good pickup and all.. but still confused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

I have been using RD for more than 2yrs now.. Have painted twice, Have changed the exhaust thrice, have touched 150+kmph "n" number of times,
About C5 yes I have not ridden yet. But will soon.

I am 25yrs old.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies and "dots".

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Dont have budget to keep both...

Last edited by GTO : 9th September 2010 at 18:05. Reason: Read our rules. Do NOT use inappropriate language on this forum. Corrected
Old 15th August 2010, 14:16   #10
BHPian

how can u even compare the two ?? Get a ride on ported / chambered RD350 and no Indian bike can compare with it in terms of acceleration , torque or power . The CL500 is a lump compared to an RD350 . Dont sell the RD buy the cl500 if u must
2StrokeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 22:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is your point? Are you referring to the poor A.S.S from RE?
Points you have put up for C5 and my reply to that.

Hard luck with how,if or who fixes the problem. Long and comfortable ride! are you joking! You will certainly get attention from people. When you have an RD then certainly you learn to enjoy and take care of the machine, there is when troubles start. As to a naked eye, UCE might be a maintenance free bike but look carefully then there is plenty of stuff to maintain and wait for the parts in eternity. She will only perform when in mood and not at a flick of a throttle.

So does is really sound worth the swap with an RD?
Old 15th August 2010, 22:27   #12
BHPian

Dont even think twice, stick with the RD.

You can always pick up a used C5 later but a well maintained RD is like gold dust, and impossible to find if you regret later.
Grafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 09:24   #13
BHPian

Here are the pics painted second time two months back...
Attached Images

Old 16th August 2010, 10:03   #14
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 9th September 2010 at 18:06.
vikramvicky1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 16th August 2010, 10:15   #15
BHPian

Is that really a question?!!!

The RD is an RD ... NOTHING COMPARES TO IT.

Do not sell...

I had a Low Torque which I sold off .... I am regretting now.

My High-Torque stays with me for ever....
alok_balsekar is offline   Reply With Quote