Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 9th September 2010, 22:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post

Then one fine day got sick of the whole thing.

My initial enthusuiasm lasted 9 months, and then I sold my Bullet.

Sorry for the negativity. Its just what experience taught me.
To each his own! Absolutely fair assessment, and I can with some confidence say that no true RE fan would disagree with you.

Its a clear caveat: the CI Bulls are only for people who are absolutely madly in love with the machine.

By the way, if you don't mind sharing... what was the price you got for your 9 month run Bullet. It would be great if you could tell us if it was a Std. or an Electra, and the mileage as well.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 22:28   #32

@EssYouWe: It was a Std350, one of the last before it went out of production. A colleague of mine grabbed it at the slightest mention of selling it. He regularly does inter-city trips in his Yamaha Crux(!), so the Bull is ideal for him. It had run around 6000kms, and I quoted 60k and he accepted.

I know 60k may be considered on the lower side, but the Bull had started rusting in a few places (particularly the silencer, bend-pipe and also on a few places on the engine), and apart from that the fact that it was requiring such regular tunings made me quote 60k and not more than that. I told him the real reason why I am selling it, all the problems I face with it and in fact tried to discourage him from taking it (he IS a friend after all), but he was very keen on it.

Today he is very happy with it. Even the other day he was having trouble starting it, but a cab driver (who is an ex-Bullet owner) started it for him, and he rode away with a smile.
rajushank84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 19:25   #33

Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Can you please share the person's contact details with me?!
EssYouWe, I saw the Ad on Sulekha classifieds. They do not provide contact details unless your register. I tried to look for the Ad again, but couldn't find it now - may be it got sold.

You are in Delhi, right? There is currently an ad for a 2007 Electra for Rs 50,000
Royal Enefield In Good Condition Hurry..-Delhi*Automobiles on Sulekha Classifieds

Good luck.
H3LIOS is offline   Reply With Quote