Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd August 2010, 01:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Button start and Horn problem

Hi all,

My 2008 HH Hunk is off late giving me trouble. Sometimes, either the horn or the Electric start is not functioning properly and I have to kick start the bike.

I have already changed the battery and still the problem exists. It is important to know that my headlamp is directly connected to the battery. Is this causing the above mentioned issues?

PS: I am not using the bike much but only for weekend rides.

Please assist.

Regards,

Amtak
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 08:37   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

When you say horn and electric start is not working, is it because of a partially drained battery? Does the indicators work? Does the horn give out any feeble sound? Does the horn work after some riding?

Hunk does not come with a battey powered headlamp from the factory, so if you've rewired the headlight to be powered by the battery, the battery would get drained as the stock charging system won't be able to keep up especially if you ride with headlights on. Using the bike only on weekends will not keep the battery charged.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

I dont know much about your bike but is the headlight on your bike AC or DC?
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

My bike initially came with AC wiring. I have rewired the bulb to run on DC as I had a lot of highway running where I needed stable lighting.

Secondly, the indicators work flawlessly where as only the horn and the button start die after some riding. If the vehicle is stopped, I need to kick start it and the horn works at its on whimps and fancies.

Do you think it would be a good idea to remove the DC work model from the bike and bring it back to stock? The headlamp too is not changed.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote