Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 10th September 2010, 16:55   #1

Default Aviator Delivered with a hiccup

On the 2nd of Sept got myself a Aviator for city putterings though with come glitches from the dealers end. I am amazed at the convenience of this scooterette. Some new features added like ''combibrakes'' when the brakes are applied there is a distribution of 30% to the front and 70% to the rear wheels. Wondering why nobody thought of this so far.The braking is effective I must say. The colour is orange, the handling is easy, feels a bit light on the road, the FE as of now is 40kpl and expecting that it will only go north. Overall verdict the bike is a piece of cake. The front wheels are bigger to accomodate the Disc brakes and the PSI too. 20 ltr of under seat space easily accomodates groceries etc.Quite peppy to drive around and good headlamps too.
Now to the glitch bit. The Honda Guys at whitefield are a sloppy lot. They are not bothered about enquiries,customer service,PDI and everyone seems to be in a hurry doing nothing. I saw it myself. It's utter madness.
The day we went to book the vehicle, we entered and nobody even cared to look at us nor approach us. We waited for about 10 mts before one of the sales guy by name Bharath approached us asking which bike. Xcuse me What happened to your smile, greeting, may i help you ehh. Anyways he wasnt very comfortable talking english so we decided to give him the benefit of doubt,but still plays on my mind even if my language was in the pits I would put a brave front, be pleasant and acknowledge the person standing in front of me.
Anyways we got the information after a while and then decided to get to the procedure of loans etc. This was tedious as we waited since there was only one person from the bank talking to 10 customers.The guys had a forlorn look on his face which cleary read I have explained this a 100 times to people and wasnt at all good to hear.Anyways we decided to carry on since we carried all the documents. Bharath has disappeared into oblivion by then. We told the bank guy we will book today and the wanted to pay the downpayment, he called another guy and a file was being filled for allotment, very conveniently this guy put his name under sales representative. I opposed this and said no you were not the person and how can you do this. He smiled and said by mistake someone reaping the benefits of someone else's effort, I can understand. I told him this was not fair on his side. Post this the booking was done and we were told this bike will be ready in 2 days and could take delivery by then. I choose the colour as orange huh..one of its kind.
Anyways from here what happened completely threw things out of gear. Nobody called from the bank except a SMS mentioning the loan is approved.I waited then assuming that it will be ready we headed to the showroom.One guy walked up and asked sir which bike you want? insted of how may i help you. Come on this is not done, you cannot even recognise the people who were here 2 days ago. This is pathetic level of service.We told the guys listen we came here for delivery, he pointed us to go to the bank guy. As usual around 4-5 people around him, I somehow managed to catch his attention and then he casually turned away. Ooops what was that meant to be. I called out and asked he said ''1min sir'' man you have a superb sense of timing ehh.
Great we waited past the 10th minute sire!! and then he calls us tellin there will be a delay. For what the bank has had come confusion on the interest %. I said ok what should I be doing now.He said by tomorow the bike will be ready. I heaved a sigh and said ok man one more day. I said I will be back the next day.
The next day we headed again and we are in for a surprise again, please wait for 10 mins '' for what''. we waited for 1hr and nothing seems to be moving. I lost it walked up to him and asked what is the delay. he said 5 mins sir, we waited another 20 mins and then i walked up again to find whats going on. He said the vehicle is ready, is reg but some confusion with the bank. All hell broke loose, I have been coming here for the past 2 days and waiting for you to tell me this. How much time will it take for you to inform me about it.I wouldnt have to come all the way.
My questions were how did you reg the bike without approval letter from bank. Secondly you have reg now and why are you holding onto it. The Owner walked out by the and he seemed pretty sensible the way he dealt with it. I told him the entire issue. He asked me 5 mins I said i waited so long 5 mins wont make any difference and to go ahead. He did a few calls and came back to me and said he needs 2 days for the delivery and it will be done. I said fine but with a word of caution, I want it after 2 days and will not want a no then.Its ok if you want 3 days too.
Nobody called to mention its ready for delivery, wonder why? Then finally I went in with lots of anticipation that it will be ready. My surprise it was ready but the PDI was bad, i had to point out dust,the ignition too hard,the stand rubbing against something etc.
Nobody came and explained the features etc. I think they just bothered about getting in the numbers and rest takes a backseat. How can companies be so insensitive? The customer riding off a bike/car is such a happy moment for your entire team who work day in day out for this....isnt it?
Anyways was not too bothered,but I gave a piece of my mind to the owner and said the service is below average and needs a complete makeover asap.I often wonder you have such a good brand in your hand but you still struggle to with issues like customer service. Who is to be blamed.Buying is your choice and selling is not their forte.
tuhin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 17:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuhin11 View Post
On the 2nd of Sept got myself a Aviator for city putterings though with come glitches from the dealers end...
Congrats on the scoot mate. Good choice. The suspension and big front wheel combo will prove to be a boon on the potholed city roads.

Really bad that you had to go thru a bitter delivery experience. The experience when we bought the Dio in Haiku Honda was better than the one you went thru.

Anyways, its a thing of the past, enjoy your ride and ride safe
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 00:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Anyways, its a thing of the past, enjoy your ride and ride safe
+1 from me too.

every new Honda owner has more or less same experience including my self.
but its worth the single penny & mental harassment you had, because you will soon be overjoyed by the ownership experience.
just service regularly & drive between 25~45 range. it will give you best FE & low maintenance.

my experience with 07 activa
  • rear tail bulb changed twice
  • transmission bearing changed few months ago
  • nothing else apart from servicing charge
best regards
Nikhil

BTW it was originally bought for my baby sister but i use (own) it now, because she in different city for her Arch. engineering.
Attached Thumbnails
Aviator Delivered with a hiccup-my-07-activa.jpg  

Last edited by jeepster : 11th September 2010 at 00:39.
jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 19:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats @Tuhin for a good choice on Aviator. I was expecting to see a review on how the telescopic front suspension does its justice.

Quote:
Some new features added like ''combibrakes'' when the brakes are applied there is a distribution of 30% to the front and 70% to the rear wheels.
If I'm not wrong, the combi brakes are to apply both the front & rear brakes at a touch of one lever. It doesn't specify as how much of braking distribution is done between front & rear.
http://techsnce.blogspot.com/2009/07...da-activa.html
http://www.carblogindia.com/new-hond...ke-technology/

Quote:
How can companies be so insensitive? The customer riding off a bike/car is such a happy moment for your entire team who work day in day out for this....isnt it?
You mean Honda or the dealer? If its dealer, its worth mentioning it here so that, atleast our forum members will avoid or share this bad experience of yours with several other; a good way to pay back to the dealer.

Time & again, I see most people happy with manufacturers, but the middlemen dealers are spoiling the manufacturer's reputation.

Just a few questions I have for you...
1. When you didn't have a pleasing experience for the first time, did you not consider an option of visiting another Honda showroom in the city?
2. Having known about these morons practices, you could've given them a call before visiting their showroom & that way you could've saved your precious time. Isn't it?

Last edited by aargee : 11th September 2010 at 19:52.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 01:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuhin11 View Post
........................ Some new features added like ''combibrakes'' when the brakes are applied there is a distribution of 30% to the front and 70% to the rear wheels. Wondering why nobody thought of this so far.The braking is effective I must say. ....................

I dont have much idea about this feature but should'nt the front have 70% and rear have 30%??
iron is offline   Reply With Quote