Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 29th September 2010, 23:27   #46

Its so exciting !

Mahindra Stallio is the new 110cc Bike Model From Mahindra 2 Wheelers.

Source:
Mahindra Stallio 110cc Bike, New Mahindra Stallio 110 Motorcycle India | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
shwir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 23:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Well i'd like to give it a thumbs up for one thing-Closed loop FI system.You'd notice a Wideband sensor on the exhaust.this really seems like a good donor bike!
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 23:53   #48
Senior - BHPian

Photo of the day: Malaguti moto scoop!

So essentially its a malaguti bike!! Just got this info from a Facebook user.

And from the link it states that this is capable of a good 50 PS of power using a 2 stroke motor!!

But look at the photo in the link.The bike looks better with the simpler headlamp.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 29th September 2010 at 23:55.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 01:41   #49

Default Mahindra Two Wheeler New Mojo 300cc Bike Picture & Specs Out !

Mahindra Mojo Motorcycle is out. The Bike details were available at Mahindra 2 Wheelers few minutes back but now the website is down.

But some blogs have been able to get the info in this time. Here is one such pic of the bike:

Source: New Mahindra Mojo 300 cc Motorcycle: Price,Features,Specs & Images | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th September 2010 at 02:00. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
shwir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 03:22   #50
BHPian

Lovely looking spec sheet. Great suspension, fabulous brakes, great tires, and a promising engine. and then the design. What a let down.

Oh wait and the name. I was thinking "Diablo" was on the verge of being funny and they come up with "mojo" ..reminds me of a character from Dexters lab! Mojo-jojo!! lol
prashanth_benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 08:07   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
The bike looks better with the simpler headlamp.
+ 1.

Looks much better with the simpler headlamp. I guess removing the faring, and making it look like a naked, with twin round headlamps would also be better than this!

Anyways, what finally matters is the price! Waiting for the launch.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 08:23   #52
BHPian

Everything about the design in the following picture looks good enough except for the grandDad spectacle headlamps.

The fairing starts in a nice way and could have easily culminated into a mean looking vertically stacked 2 barrel cluster. Even better if one of those is a projector-HID type. That would have made this an instant hit.

On the other hand, this could be a strange strategy that manufacturers are adopting these days i.e. keeping one aspect of the design controversial to make it the talk of the town. Good or bad, people and automags keep discussing about it and the general conclusion is except for this "love it or hate it" design everything is great about the product. (A similar marketting approach was the red dash on the Ford Figo).

Then suddenly the manufacturer comes with a minor facelift where this is adressed and it starts selling like hot cakes.

From the looks of it, it seems that within a year or so of its launch, this bike is going to get a different headlamp design something like the FZ to Fazer transition.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra2wheeler - Bikes Launched - Details on Pg3-mojomahindra2wheelers292ccphoto.png  

Last edited by SilkDrive : 30th September 2010 at 08:25.
SilkDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 08:37   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
s.

From the looks of it, it seems that within a year or so of its launch, this bike is going to get a different headlamp design something like the FZ to Fazer transition.

The FZ and Fazer are two different designs and not a transition. Both bikes are intended to look the way they look and not replace one other. Just to clear that up

And the twin headlamps would have looked much better without that gawdy golden shroud around it.. Looks like something was tried on the lines of the Buell nakeds but failed rather badly. Id chuck the entire front fairing and just get a single round headlamp from an old pulsar. That would look much better. And I also dislike the golden thingy running along the frame below the tank, whatever its called. I get a weird feeling that the bike will look better in flesh..
prashanth_benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 08:48   #54
BHPian

I dont mind these looks at all as long as the engine is not chinese, Change the Headlamp and she'll look hot.
It's amazing how Mahindra have pulled out this rabbit from the hat, The bike is not comparable to a Ninja (no way, didnt expect that either) but for an Indian auto company this is a very good achievement. I hope the bike sells good numbers which in turn triggers the others to have a long hard look.
Though I had also got carried away with the "twin" story and it's a bit dissapointing, ha ha ha ha .
I believe this bike (if reliable) will become the next touring machine for us Indians.
PS: The name sucks, I hope they change it.

@Prashanth: +1 the bike will look much better in flesh. Can anyone do a comparo on dimensions with ZMA.

Last edited by Slick : 30th September 2010 at 08:50.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 09:20   #55
BHPian

Mojo Specifications:
Overall length x width x height in mm: 2100 x 830 x 1270
Seat Height in mm: 820
Wheelbase, in mm: 1450
Minimum ground clearance: 150
Kerb Weight ( with 90 % fuel, Tools etc): 160
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, Liquid Cooled, 4 Valves - Direct Drive, SI
Displacement: 292 cc
Bore x Stroke: 78 mm x 61.2 mm
Compression Ratio: 11 : 1
Maximum Power: 19.3 kW @ 8500 rpm
Maximum Torque: 24 N.m @ 7000 rpm
Starting System: Self Start
Ignition System: ECU (Electronic Control Unit)
Fuel Tank Capacity in liters: 15.5
Transmission Type / Gear Box: Constant Mesh, 6 speed
Frame Type: Twin Tube Exposed frame in Steel, Shining yellow painted; Diamond Frame
Wheel Type: Alloy Wheel
Rim Size (Front / Rear): Front 2.75 x 17”; Rear 4.00 x 17”
Tire Size (Front / Rear) - Tubeless 100/80 – 17” (Front) 150/60 -17” (Rear)- radial
Brake Type: (Front / Rear) Disc 320 mm (Front); Disc 220 mm (Rear);
Suspension Type: (Front / Rear) Inverted fork Telescopic hydraulic-damped (Front); 120 mm stroke Horizontally mounted Mono Shox; air + hydraulic damping. (Rear)
Battery: 12V, 9 AH; Maintenance Free
Head Lamp: Twin Beams; 35W / 35W X 2; Halogen Bulb (Multi Reflector Type)
Marker / Pilot Lamps: 4 LED’s each side, above twin beam Head Lights
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 10:09   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanth_benz View Post
Oh wait and the name. I was thinking "Diablo" was on the verge of being funny and they come up with "mojo" ..reminds me of a character from Dexters lab! Mojo-jojo!! lol
+1. That villain chip character in Dexter's lab series came to my mind when I irst heard the name

I spotted a lot of typos in the web site when it was up yesterday. Like the ones below
- Radial calliper "breaking" technology
- India’s widest "rare" tyres with tubeless technology

Looks like the site was not ready to go live.
jingaboysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 10:43   #57
BHPian

I don’t think the bike is ugly; rather it is a new fresh look – a naked bike. Atleast they are not following the same old look of passion, pulsar, apache etc…
Though agree that Mahindar should have come-up with a better name than MOJO.

Last edited by ImranShahnawaz : 30th September 2010 at 10:46.
ImranShahnawaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 11:48   #58
BHPian

I actually like the looks of the bike. A few modifications can give it a great naked look.
Hope that the engine is good and reliable.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 11:59   #59
Senior - BHPian

Motoroids already refers to the Mojo as "Superbike" on page 2! Looks weird but its the best we got today so i'm glad someone broke the 220cc barrier!

But no clip ons! Front looks like it means business but not so sure of the rear again. And the side view in the bike looks way too taught. A mix of the Monster & KTM Motard that hasn't come out very well. But the exhaust, the engine cowl, the petal discs up front, the inverted front gold shocks look good.

So for half the price of a Ninja, i'm willing to live with the slightly odd looking "street" bike. Guess i still hold on to my Comet tho. Lets see if Mahindra is able to do a good job of providing A.S.S & brings in performance accessories.

But all in all, i'm glad that we all finally have found our "Mojo"!
Nilesh5417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 12:06   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Its on the website , no more scoop.
Website seems to be down now. Only says "coming soon".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Its a 300 cc single. No twin
Not a twin - I am disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanth_benz View Post
Lovely looking spec sheet. Great suspension, fabulous brakes, great tires, and a promising engine. and then the design. What a let down.
Yep, nice specs like the tires and brakes - but don't like the looks. Engine should have been a twin cylinder unit, that would have shaken things up a bit in the Indian bike market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
The bike looks better with the simpler headlamp.
+1 to that. A simple good-size round lamp (like Yezdi or Bullet) would look great on this bike. Remove/minimize the plastic bits and accentuate the metal.

Looking forward to some test drive reports soon.

Cheers.
H3LIOS is offline   Reply With Quote