Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 6th October 2010, 13:02   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
The Mojo is actually the reverse. From what we've been told about the specs, its a decent engine in a lousy skin - more like a wolf in pig's clothing.

At nearly 2 lakhs, this is a real test of blind faith for a Mojo buyer.

A test which is really silly to force a customer to pass.

I just don't get it...
The engine at this point is a leap into the unknown for us, it might have something to do with engines engineering. The specs are decent though.

The pricing is atleast 30-40K too high. I know I should not bring the Pulsar 220 into the equation but hats off to Bajaj pricing the bike the way they have.

Now eagerly waiting for the next 'BIG' Pulsar which is rumored to be in the pipeline.
hiren.mistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 15:58   #122
BHPian

I actually like the looks, must be the only one.
I feel that it looks different, radical and refreshing. It's something that really stands out rather than the trend following designs most manufactures follow.
This may not be a trend setter, but it's sure to catch your eyes.

For me the sore point is the price, but then again, compared to the VFM Pulsar 220, everything seems expensive.

Edit: Looked at the pictures again and finally came up with the word I was looking for. Personality.
I must be the only one hoping they don't change the looks. At the very least retain the front headlight design. Gives the bike a mischievous look .

Last edited by kadanaJ : 8th October 2010 at 16:04.
kadanaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 00:53   #123
BHPian

Default Mahindra Mojo - 300cc bike from M&M !

From the Press Release:

Quote:
Think Flower Power. Think groovy classic style but with a contemporary twist. Think Mahindra Mojo. A testosterone packed 300 cc bike with cool retro styling, the Mojo blends the best of global motorcycle technology and design. It is a handcrafted machine and a one of its kind lifestyle motorcycle which will soon go into production.

Mahindra 2 Wheelers has, in fact, devised a unique marketing and promotion strategy for this ultimate performance bike which will be revealed when the bike will be available for sale in the next 3-4 months.
Name:  MahindraMojo6.jpg
Views: 2556
Size:  52.2 KB

Quote:
This modern classic is driven by a 4V DOHC engine which offers peak power of 26 BHP @ 8500 rpm and maximum torque of 24 Nm @ 7000 rpm, making it a performance biker’s dream come true. It also features a 6 speed gearbox, as opposed to the regular 5 speed gearbox found amongst its peers, along with a sporty dual exhaust for the right propulsion.
Name:  MahindraMojo5.jpg
Views: 2360
Size:  46.6 KB

Quote:
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system has been developed by Ducati Energia of Italy. In an industry first, the Mojo sports inverted front shock absorbers developed by Paioli of Italy, which ensures superior shock absorbing ability at high speeds. This is complemented by a horizontally mounted mono shox at the rear, allowing for much more comfortable ride. Radially mounted assembly also helps in accurate braking.
Name:  MahindraMojo3.jpg
Views: 2071
Size:  36.9 KB

Quote:
The Mojo is the first ever motorcycle in India to sport Pirelli tubeless radials. They are also the widest tyres in their class (4” x 17” at the rear), ensuring greater stability. These are complemented by edgy front petal disc brakes which are the largest in the segment at 320 mm to ensure safe braking. There’s a disc brake at the rear as well. The bike also features LED pilot lamps and tail lamps with clear lens indicators in the headlamp, ensuring greater visibility for the rider.
Name:  MahindraMojo2.jpg
Views: 2104
Size:  32.9 KB

Quote:
The display includes a digital speedometer with fuel gauge, tripmeter, gear shift indicator, and analogue tachometer. The bike also sports indicators on the rear view mirrors, which are not seen on Indian bikes.
Name:  MahindraMojo1.jpg
Views: 2218
Size:  54.0 KB

Quote:
This showstopper sports an aerodynamic ‘tear drop’ shape and a classic gold frame assembly with twin headlamps adding to the bike’s distinctly retro look. The dual pipe frame adds strength to the overall structure of the bike, while the under cowl enhances the Mojo’s macho appeal. This ‘exoskeleton’ look is usually only found in top notch brands.
  • The Mojo is available in Derby Red, Colt Black, Equus Blue, Buckskin Yellow & Ranch Green.
  • Customers also have the option of customising their bikes with a range of decals.
  • Leading European vendors – Ducati Energia, Paioli & Pirelli (Italy), J Juan (Spain) – contribute to the making of the Mojo
  • Priced at Rs 1.75 lakh (ex showroom Pune)
Source : Bike Advice

Last edited by Mpower : 13th October 2010 at 01:05. Reason: use quotes pls
rahulsingh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 10:30   #124
Team-BHP Support

Note from Moderator: Threads Merged.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 18:09   #125
BHPian

Unhappy

The Mahindra2wheelers site has come back online, Mahindra 2 Wheelers but Mojo is not visible under the products/bike menu. You need to click this link Mahindra 2 Wheelers a few pages open up but some of the images are still broken. I guess they are still working on it, suprising still is the fact that the price page says "coming soon".

Earlier today Mr. Mahindra has tweeted that each Mojo will be customizable and made to order, now that is really interesting to watch the space.

BTW did anyone look at Ducati Energia, DUCATI energia if this is the same company who have worked on the EFI, the site does not mention anything about it. Looks like an engineering company but Injection systems does not seem to be their forte. It feels like a deceptive marketing gimmick, we enthusiastic bikers have been harping about the EFI being developed by Ducati (the real one)but alas.
downsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 20:37   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

I was initially going to book the Mojo, but I am scared that some old retiree coming in the opposite direction will get a heart attack looking at the front of the mojo thinking it is some kind of alien attack. I honestly cannot believe Anand Mahindra and Amir Khan actually agreed to share the stage with this dragon fly. Amir atleast gets paid for this, what does Anand get for this Monstrocity?

Just look at the front of that bike with the twin headlights. Does it look like this only when it is kicked where it really hurts or does it always look like this??

All I can say is that with the Refresh Scorpio and now this, Mahindra really needs a Make over in the design team. All those posters of Dilip Chabria under which the Mahindra designers light agarbathees every morning should be taken down and the whole lot of them send packing...

Last edited by 4x4addict : 23rd October 2010 at 20:40.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 16:13   #127
Team-BHP Support

I'm going to put this nicely. It looks interesting, at best! Reminds me of a Buel!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 11:14   #128
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra2wheeler - Bikes Launched - Details on Pg3

after all the dust kicked up by "stallio" with a lot of "mojo" has settled, where the hell are the bikes anyway?????? all of a sudden all news and ads have stopped. wonder whats up?

its so bad that this thread on mahindra bikes has been dead for close to 3 months now!

anand mahindra & aamir khan .......... wake up guys!
hollywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2011, 23:20   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

@hollywood:

I hope they have send those silly designers at Mahindra back to the drawing board. I would one day like to meet the head of their design team. Just want to see the man responsible for the most ugliness on Indian roads...

Last edited by 4x4addict : 30th January 2011 at 23:21.
Old 25th February 2011, 19:06   #130
BHPian

Production has stopped for Mahindra 2-wheelers debut motorcycle, the Stallio, and this has been pulled out of company showrooms, facing serious problems within its gearbox.
While efforts are underway to resolve the problem, Mahindra 2-wheelers claim they have initiated a process to rectify bikes already on the road. As per SIAM, Mahindra 2-wheelers sold 5,135 Stallios since sales commenced in October 2010.

Courtesy : autocarindia
fz_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 16:34   #131
BHPian

Mahindra has sold just 46 units of Stallio in Feb 2011 with production being 139 units. What's with the perfectionist Mr. Khan and Mr Mahindra... case of selective amnesia
amit.mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 21:36   #132
Senior - BHPian

Stallio has some gearbox problem i think,production has stopped to rectify this design defect.
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 19:02   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Mojo a Bad Dream?

Did the Mojo ever get launched or was it just a nightmare we wake up sweating to?

With the new offerings on the market I would like to personally meet and the shake the hand of anyone who buys this.

Anand really needs to crack the whip in Mahindra. To be successful in the two wheeler market, they just have to look into the compound of Honda or Bajaj.
Old 15th June 2011, 21:16   #134
BHPian

Default Re: Mojo a Bad Dream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Did the Mojo ever get launched or was it just a nightmare we wake up sweating to?

With the new offerings on the market I would like to personally meet and the shake the hand of anyone who buys this.

Anand really needs to crack the whip in Mahindra. To be successful in the two wheeler market, they just have to look into the compound of Honda or Bajaj.
Mahindra are losing it - They relaunched the Stallio, but I havent gone over the reviews (initial reviews were TERRIBLE)

I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw this mojo. DAMN - I have no idea what went through the minds of Anand / Aamir when they launched it (Nobody to call Emperor's new clothes)

300cc with 26 BHP and 1.75 Lakhs ex-showroom. I'll join you int he queue to shake hands with anyone who buys it (will be difficult to hide the disbelief in the face though!)

Good products and design are now the ENTRY POINT to get going, not a target to be achieved in future. Even great bikes find it going tough in current market place (GS150) - There is simply no place for moderate ones, forget substandard stuff like Mojo and Stallio.

Mojo - No one misses you!

PS:- They still have the Mojo teaser in the videos section .. he he..

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 15th June 2011 at 21:23.
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote