Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2010, 09:12   #1
BHPian
 
schitre05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 431
Thanked: 81 Times
Arrow A Royal Enfield in the new Harry Potter movie

Harry potter would be riding a Royal enfield in the new movie Harry potter and the deathly hollows part-1
From the trailer it seems to be a RE Classic with a side car.
Royal Enfield


New Harry Potter Movie Features Harry On Motorcycle from Bikes in the Fast Lane - Daily Motorcycle News

Royal Enfield | Harry Potter rides a Royal Enfield

cheers!!
schitre05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 21:44   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Harry potter would be riding a Royal enfield in the new movie Harry potter and the deathly hollows part-1
From the trailer it seems to be a RE Classic with a side car.
Royal Enfield
cheers!!
Hagrid gets that bike from Sirius Black doesn't he? He rode a Triumph Bonneville T12 in Philosopher's stone. Isn't it supposed to be the same, or did he get a new one? Any Harry Potter fans here?
watfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 22:12   #3
BHPian
 
Mr. Nobody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 150
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watfor View Post
Hagrid gets that bike from Sirius Black doesn't he? He rode a Triumph Bonneville T12 in Philosopher's stone. Isn't it supposed to be the same, or did he get a new one? Any Harry Potter fans here?
yeah that was originally sirius's bike . well the producers must have just changed it as make of bike does not really matter to the viewers .
Mr. Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 08:57   #4
BHPian
 
stnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calicut
Posts: 230
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Harry potter is a magician. So he can change the bike model with a swing of his magic wand ! Thats how it is changed from Truimph to Royal Enfield.
stnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 11:50   #5
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,663 Times
Default

and all this while I though they used a eco friendly organic broom stick.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 09:59   #6
BHPian
 
schitre05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 431
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
yeah that was originally sirius's bike . well the producers must have just changed it as make of bike does not really matter to the viewers .
Actually it does! I felt proud to see a RE in a Hollywood movie.

This has actually made me think whether the RE has had any other silver screen appearances in Indian/foreign movies or series.

When the foul mouthed celebrity chef Gordan Ramsey visited India he rode a bullet to the north east.
schitre05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 13:54   #7
BHPian
 
PhrozenFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 267
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
This has actually made me think whether the RE has had any other silver screen appearances in Indian/foreign movies or series.

When the foul mouthed celebrity chef Gordan Ramsey visited India he rode a bullet to the north east.
As did Charley Boorman, from Delhi to Agra, in By Any Means. He loved the bike
PhrozenFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 17:03   #8
BHPian
 
Mr. Nobody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 150
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Actually it does! I felt proud to see a RE in a Hollywood movie.

This has actually made me think whether the RE has had any other silver screen appearances in Indian/foreign movies or series.

When the foul mouthed celebrity chef Gordan Ramsey visited India he rode a bullet to the north east.
has been seen in many . recent being brad pitt's curious case of benjamin button
Mr. Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 20:53   #9
BHPian
 
schitre05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 431
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
has been seen in many . recent being brad pitt's curious case of benjamin button
If I am not mistaken the movie had Brad pitt riding Indian 101 scout 1930





more reading Indian 101 Scout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cheers!!
schitre05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 22:52   #10
BHPian
 
COUGAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 538
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

good lord!

now why doesnt my chair come with a barfbag?
COUGAR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When did Royal Enfield become "Enfield"? pullin Motorbikes 1 25th June 2010 13:34
500cc Royal Enfield vs NEW 350cc Enfield scottoe Motorbikes 22 13th October 2009 16:47
So what's Harry Potter's new ride......? roms The International Automotive Scene 27 23rd June 2007 12:34
HI< IT CARZY HARRY crazyharry Introduce yourself 0 21st February 2004 05:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks