Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 24th July 2009, 15:56   #46
BHPian

main_en

Apart from the Twin Connecting Rods in the engine, The Twin fork concept looks pretty unique, though how they perform is a question mark.
MumBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 06:56   #47

i own a 1995 enfield diesel. i bought it when i was doing my M. Tech in Mysore and had many trips from mysore to trichur(about 300km). i still own it. now i am in Australia, the bike idles in Kerala. but once in six month when i go to India, for the first kick, i can hear the "music". yes i love that sound.
my collegemates used to tell when i was in mysore that they can "hear" and tell all the places where i went, even when they attend the classes !!!
starting the bike is very easy if the decompression lever is used properly. drip one or two drops of engine oil to the top of the piston, crank slowly, before storing the bike for a long time. the bike can be started for the first kick itself.that is the experience in the past five years.
jaykoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 23:04   #48
BHPian

Hi Jaykoot,

I agree with you. The Enfield diesel can serve its owner very well if the owner understands the machine a bit. My dad's colleague has been using this bike for more than a decade now and he simply loves the machine. The mileage is legendary and he is able to carry out a lot of repairs on his own. I'm personally interested in buying one of these machines and then modifying it to extract superior performance.
Akadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 23:13   #49
BHPian

Some boys from a college in kerala have modded the diesel bullet engine by mating a Turbo Charger to it :

The Hindu : Kerala / Thiruvananthapuram News : Students tweak diesel motorbike for better performance
MumBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 23:28   #50
BHPian

Hi MumBiker,

Thanks a lot for the link. I've gone through it now and this piece of information validates my line of thought on this subject. Thanking you again

Kind regards
Akadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 11:32   #51
BHPian

There is a firm in India which builds made to order diesel RE's BulletWallas - Diesel Bikes I had read about this workshop in a magazine some time ago, was run by a foreigner
motorpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote