Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 26th August 2013, 18:03   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Bigger fuel tank for my bull

Can one of these be fitted on an Avenger?
DudeWithaFiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 00:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
I am planning to ride the Bull from Pune to Mizoram. The Shillong-Aizawl route is where a bigger tank would be a blessing cos fuel stations are far and wide!!!
Hello Leepower,

I am a new member to the forum and have just brought my own Std Bullet 500 [Amun-Ra], couple of days back. As you are from Pune, so I am asking you this question,

Did the trip from Pune to Mizoram materialised? If so, please can you advise where can I find more in depth details (preparations, requirements etc.)

Best regards,
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 00:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Hello Leepower,

I am a new member to the forum and have just brought my own Std Bullet 500 [Amun-Ra], couple of days back. As you are from Pune, so I am asking you this question,

Did the trip from Pune to Mizoram materialised? If so, please can you advise where can I find more in depth details (preparations, requirements etc.)

Best regards,
It happened nearly two years back sometime in September. I was riding solo and basically took the long way, staying over at friend's places all over the east coast... the whole ride took nearly two weeks (just one way), first went to Hyderabad from Pune, then Orissa, Kolkata, Siliguri, Guwahati, Shillong, then Mizoram (Aizawl) via Assam. Explored a lot of places and finally came back to Pune somewhere in middle of November.
While returning, I made a brief stopover at Bhutan also.
People say Orissa and North East can be dangerous. I didn't face any trouble at all. Except in Assam, where it is a different game altogether, especially areas bordering Bangladesh.
For Mizoram you need an Inner Line Permit (something like a Visa which you can get from Mizoram House in Shillong or Kolkata, I got it from Kolkata). For the Mizoram inner line permit I had to provide my friend's contact address and details like how long I would be staying there etc.

Now about the mechanical side... I own a 78 Bullet which is in fairly good condition. Before the trip I did a lot of test runs. All the glitches and issues of the bike were sorted out. I put a new set of tyres, wheel bearing, chain, engine components etc.
First servicing of the bike was done at an authorised service centre in Kolkata.
Second one I did in Aizawl.
Except minor fuse burn outs, and a stuck speedometre didn't face any trouble at all. And I stuck to the standard bullet petrol tank.
Thanks,
Sam
Leepower is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote