Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 25th October 2010, 23:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Great stuff. Would never want to buy one, but it takes a lot of effort to built something this comprehensively different, and I appreciate that.

Are the forks fixed section tubes on the top, and then the usual Bullet forks joined to it?

Could you post pictures of just the frame?

Next one should be a 700cc V-twin.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 08:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Next one should be a 700cc V-twin.
Well, I would rather prefer a twin 500 . That would be awesome isn't it? Though there're several guys (I can recollect 3 of them) this one is the latest entrant to V twin 350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalidaro View Post
Only size of cylinder is changed by 20 size piston to 60 which makes it 350cc +,since the piston is company made, crankshaft, push rod,tappets, connecting rod , is all maintained the same. For converting the 350cc to 500cc have to change all mentioned above including head and block,which I would be doing for the next project, u can catch the making on the website metioned on the picture.
Sure, I need to watch the video as I could make nothing out of this because its too techy for me or I haven't understood thoroughly. I could only make out that the cylinder is untouched but the piston size is increased, which means, the dia of the piston is increased.

So wait a minute, is this something like rebore job in a 2 stroke then?

Last edited by aargee : 26th October 2010 at 08:22.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 08:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
So wait a minute, is this something like rebore job in a 2 stroke then?
Yes, very much like a rebore job on any engine for that matter of fact.
The rebored cylinder is lapped on to one of the last oversize piston.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 09:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @Jeeva to help me understand.
If you don't mind a little OT that's little related; From my understanding, for any 4S engines, they do not rebore the cylinder isn't it? They only change the rings so that the smoke is arrested. Or is there anything incorrect in my understanding?

In this case, Mr.Rao rebored to get additional power isn't it?
Old 26th October 2010, 09:40   #20
BHPian

@ aargee,
Reboring and all engine overhauling stuff is more or less the same for the 2 strokes and the 4 strokes, except for the fact that the ports are replaced with valves in 4 strokes. Almost all diesel and petrol engines on four wheelers (in India) are 4 strokers.

So like on any other engine, one can rebore the cylinder and put in the oversize piston, or alternatively put in a sleeve and stick to the standard size piston. Normally for compression/performance issues, the first checkpoint is the piston ring (rings are the first point of contact between the piston and the cyliner and are subjected to faster wear and tear) and then the bore itself and other parts.

In the case of Bullet, after the standard piston size, the oversize comes in 20, 40, 60 and 80 sizes. An oversize piston and a rebored cylinder, increases the overall volume (cc), and so a lill bump in power.
But, frankly, this is the first time I am seeing somone reboring to the last oversize to achieve that negligible power increase. Probably, the bike was already running on an oversize piston.
If the piston and the rebored cylinder are not honed properly, it may result in overheating/engine seizure. For the same reason, reboring is not a preferred thing, unless its done by a pro. Best is it to stick to the stock piston/cylinder.

Last edited by jeeva : 26th October 2010 at 09:44.
jeeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 15:23   #21
BHPian

Nice design bike. Congrats on your build. It will be a sure head turner on the road.
Can you post better pictures so we can appreciate the design better.
What do you think the build quality of all your bikes?
Does the add on parts last long or start loosening out with in few weeks and every time you need to keep tweaking the bikes new modified parts.
Where i bangalore do you do all your custom build.
Do you do on orders for others also or its just your own build for self ride?
Any must need performance modification you think the bullet requires.
Have you taken your custom made MUSTANG on long ride.
What is the longest ride you have been?
Thanks for the picture, its a delight seeing mean machine like yours.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 17:19   #22
BANNED

Sheep in gladiator clothing! End result- wannabe Gladiator but still a sheep,an over weight one.gladiator steel helmet and vest are not light you see. Moreover now it will have to live up to the gladiator's
lifestyle and power,sad to say but it will fail to excite with such a weak overheating aircooled heart which has already been operated upon for old age troubles.
They say, what you ride is what you are,i for one would not like a wannabe ride.
I mean every thing is there, looks and all, but feels something is lacking, I guess it is the soul thats absent.
But dont worry you will sell well and make money. There is no shortage of college going wannabes.
dustom_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 18:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

@Jeeva - Sorry to differ on my thoughts, but this is what I've been told.

Normally for a 4 stroke engine, there's no need to change the piston like 2S, instead, the piston rings are the ones to be changed. In 4S, in addition to various piston sizes, the rings also come in different sizes. So the cylinder is simply rebored for additional size to accomodate the next size rings. Are you saying this isn't true & be it 2S or 4S the rebore is the same?

Am I mislead on this information?

@Khalid - Sorry about the OT, but, just wanted to get the basics right.
Old 26th October 2010, 18:23   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
Sheep in gladiator clothing! End result- wannabe Gladiator but still a sheep,an over weight one.gladiator steel helmet and vest are not light you see. Moreover now it will have to live up to the gladiator's
lifestyle and power,sad to say but it will fail to excite with such a weak overheating aircooled heart which has already been operated upon for old age troubles.
They say, what you ride is what you are,i for one would not like a wannabe ride.
I mean every thing is there, looks and all, but feels something is lacking, I guess it is the soul thats absent.
But dont worry you will sell well and make money. There is no shortage of college going wannabes.
Did you just learn the word "Wannabe" today and decided that you have to use it as many times as possible?

If you don't like what you see...move on.
gsferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 18:25   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
Sheep in gladiator clothing! .....

I mean every thing is there, looks and all, but feels something is lacking, I guess it is the soul thats absent....

There is no shortage of college going wannabes.
Harsh.. But to be honest I feel similarly! The custom builders around in the last few years have come up with some stunning designs. Its too bad they really don't have the meat under the hood to back them up..

I do wish they could join hands with some of the performance tuners and engine designers around. That'd really produce something worth ogling at.

Last edited by RT13 : 26th October 2010 at 18:28.
RT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 18:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
In 4S, in addition to various piston sizes, the rings also come in different sizes. So the cylinder is simply rebored for additional size to accomodate the next size rings. Are you saying this isn't true & be it 2S or 4S the rebore is the same?
@Aargee: Re-boring is the same process for four-strokes as it is for two strokes. I'm not sure about the replacement of the rings. It certainly is true that four-strokes experience less wear and tear and therefore they take usually longer before requiring a re-bore (to my knowledge). This might be explained by what you say - that since oversize rings are possible they can possibly stick with the same bore for a while longer and simply increase the ring size. But, eventually, given time and extensive racking up of miles, all four strokes have to be re-bored too. I recently witnessed the reboring of a Pulsar 150 after something like 60,000 kms (which did seem on the low side to me). And a friend of mine who was biking in the NorthEast had to have his Bullet re-bored in Lucknow on his way down. It is also entirely possible that two strokes experience greater wear and tear because they tend to have been murdered by their owners.

Last edited by RT13 : 26th October 2010 at 18:35.
RT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 19:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
.... this one is the latest entrant to V twin 350......
nope!!! might be but ..http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/471289-post20.html

Last edited by Rennjit : 26th October 2010 at 19:16.
Rennjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 23:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nice bike, but you have to have guts to be seen on one. Liked the no headlight look and the meaty tyres. Overall good job done, can give the ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS a run for their money
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 03:56   #29

@jeocreative
Front tire is 120 & rear tire is 200.
Rear swing arm is completely custom made.
Yes, the main frame is an Enfield. But, for the seat and the ad-on drive is customized.
The rake is custom made with 45 degree with the help of a jig.
The front end is 4 inch longer than the standard size.

@ gsferrari,
Front fork is custom made.

@EssYouWe
I doubt if I have the pictures of the frame .
Just bought a Dragstar 650 V-Twin Shaft Driven, will soon customize

@aargee
Itís not just about reboring, all bushings have been replaced with gun metal, all gear, connecting rod, pins,bearings etc are new. There changes in exhaust, upgrading from 20w40 oil to fully synthetic engine oil, upgrading spark plug from single point to double including battery, air filter, upgrading the carborater, exhaust with back pressure which will help to save the valves for longer durability and better pick up, 500 clutch assembly for better grip.

@Visaster:
Thanks
The bike has covered the distance of 50 km, as she is just my newborn baby.Will take her for long ride very soon. I have my setup in Mumbai. you can visit my website for more details you catch the making on fadoo TV

@dustom_99
hey can please tell me the difference between between sheep and goat,
By the way , thanks for wasting precious 8 line on a wannabe bike

@gsferrari
Thanks understanding the hardwork,really appreciated

@T13
Thanks suggestion!

@TheARUN
Thanks buddy!

Guys will uploads highres pictures very soon.
Khalidaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 11:27   #30
BHPian

@aargee, RT13 has pretty much clarified the rings/reboring part.

@Khalidaro, the bike looks good and I really appreciate the build.
How does the engine feel with the synthetic oil? Is there a vast difference in smoothness/performance over the normal mineral oil? Have you considered a 500cc oil pump for better cooling and oil circulation?
jeeva is offline   Reply With Quote