Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2011, 13:11   #226
BANNED

re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
A bad example to quote for ABS if you are going at 100kmph and want to do panic breaking, what makes you think ABS will save you? Don't ever get into that situation.
What situation are you asking to avoid? 100 km/h or the panic situation? For someone not planning on taking the bike out of city limits, I guess your caution makes sense, but 100 km/h and panic situations are very commonplace on the highways, and Yes, the ABS will help.
Quote:
Swerving you say, then you shouldn't go for ABS and again off-roading with this bike? very good luck, and have loads of $$ in our wallet!
Off-roading does not have to mean rock crawling. A large majority of rural roads have little or no tarmac, and yes, would be considered off-roading by many, and Yes, the ABS will help there as well.

If money for safety is of such great concern, perhaps a cheaper bike might be the way to go.
Old 17th January 2011, 13:50   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A bad example to quote for ABS if you are going at 100kmph and want to do panic breaking, what makes you think ABS will save you? Don't ever get into that situation.

Swerving you say, then you shouldn't go for ABS and again off-roading with this bike? very good luck, and have loads of $$ in our wallet!
None likes to get into panic braking, we do not have a choice as we ride on indian roads where the riding conditions are far from ideal. ABS will avoid wheel lockup in tricky situations, which could save accidents and lives. It's nice that Honda is offering it for an affordable tourer - one bad incident is enough to spoil your life and your dear ones!

To give you an example, I was able to avoid a man who decided to jump infront of my car in the last minute just because I was able to swerve away the car after panic braking - Thanks to ABS in my car.

Another friend who met with a very bad accident swears by ABS. He could just watch the car going to hit the truck as the wheels locked up with panic braking. His friend was very seriously injured and was in coma for a long time.

I would recommend everyone who can afford ABS to go for it, especially if they are going to use the bike for highway or touring.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 17th January 2011 at 13:54.
Old 17th January 2011, 14:12   #228
Senior - BHPian

Congrats V&V,

OT,

Can we take the ABS tech stuff to ABS related thread?
Old 20th January 2011, 17:22   #229
BHPian

Booked mine last week and in hyd, the bike's going to cost 1.8 ex showroom (ABS equipped). this is what the manager told me. He also said that the price may vary as the final price has not been told to them as well.

I remember reading somewhere that the headlights are " ON " as long as your engine is running, This I guess is a mandatory thing in the european market and some other countries as well but will the indian CBR have the same feature too?
Old 20th January 2011, 17:27   #230
BHPian

I heard that the prices may be 1.9L and 2.3L (ABS) on road.
Can anyone confirm.

Last edited by rvmohankumar : 20th January 2011 at 17:31.
Old 20th January 2011, 19:06   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats! Great to see people booking the ABS version! Hopefully, this will come down to smaller bikes too, in the future.

One stupid question from my side- Will this bike need metal numberplate (as in R15) + sari guard to get it registered as per RTO rules?
Although pricing is great, I have to say the 30K for ABS is excessively excessive. Its cheaper than that for some cars!!!

TVS apparently has an ABS system designed and ready for launch and the expected pricing is around 5-8K extra.
Old 26th January 2011, 14:55   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Although pricing is great, I have to say the 30K for ABS is excessively excessive. Its cheaper than that for some cars!!!

TVS apparently has an ABS system designed and ready for launch and the expected pricing is around 5-8K extra.
+1

There are reports that, TVS is planning to launch Apache RTR 180 with ABS at 80K.
Old 26th January 2011, 16:24   #233
BHPian

Hello guys, its great to know about the CBR250R launch. I have a small query though. I heard some where that Aprilia is also launching the RS4 125cc after the RSV launch. Can anyone shed some light on this please?
Old 26th January 2011, 17:02   #234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilSorot View Post
Hello guys, its great to know about the CBR250R launch. I have a small query though. I heard some where that Aprilia is also launching the RS4 125cc after the RSV launch. Can anyone shed some light on this please?
Unlikely, since Aprilia does not have the support network to go through with such a launch, and the numbers it will generate. Furthermore, Piaggio group has announced their plans for Vespa in 2012, which means- they would be tied up with Vespa launch plans!

Bajaj could surprise us with a KTM launch though!
Old 31st January 2011, 02:10   #235
BHPian

I know its late, but wanted to share this with you guys.Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-dsc_3479_resize.jpg
Old 31st January 2011, 03:29   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I would recommend everyone who can afford ABS to go for it, especially if they are going to use the bike for highway or touring.
For touring/highway runs ABS is understood. For city commuting (Bangalore/Pune types) where usually there is no place to rip in traffic I could use the non-ABS version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
I know its late, but wanted to share this with you guys.Attachment 491883
That is a stunning picture.
Old 31st January 2011, 14:25   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
I know its late, but wanted to share this with you guys.Attachment 491883

That is a stunning pic!!! Is it official from Honda or a mod job?
Old 31st January 2011, 14:36   #238
Senior - BHPian

The dealers here in pune are asking for 10k to book the bike. they said any further news will be available only in April. So they have no real clue on the launch date of the bike. They are just collecting booking amounts.
Old 31st January 2011, 14:47   #239
Team-BHP Support

One question:-

Suppose I buy a Motorcycle equipped with ABS and get used to the Motorcycle's braking abilities and the way it behaves on various surfaces across terrains.

If I swap a Motorcycle (non-ABS) with a friend of mine, what my reaction would be in a panic situation? Won't I be too used to grab instead of progression?

Won't ABS screw my ability to brake and react on a Motorcycle w/o ABS?

Please do not bring Cars into picture as there are 4 wheels supporting it compared to 2 or 1 in case of Motorcycle.
Old 31st January 2011, 15:53   #240
BANNED

I am not sure why but we use to recognise or differentiate bikes with their model names in 80's like CBR, VFR and all means sure 4 cylinder exceptions were there like VF1000R with V twin, just CB means it can be twin or 4 cylinders, just VF means again twin or 4 cylinders and now these companies are launching single pod bikes with same naming convention.
Even R15 is same case and I cant digest sports bike with just one cylinder, again it depends upon personal taste, I never felt the thrust in these bikes which anyone can get in twin or 4 cylinder bikes.
Any ways good move to break the 225 cc barrier, fingers crossed to see the actual performance figure.

Most Viewed