Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2005, 11:26   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
ac 427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,332
Thanked: 114 Times
Default 2nd hand bullets

hello all,
can u guys help me out by lettin me know where i can get good seecond hand bullets (1980 - 85 batch) preffered. 350 cc bullets. not required urgently but i would like a serch the maket a bit. mumbai market. also if anyone knows where these police and traffic police bikes are sold ??? ny clue about that ???
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 11:23   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 213
Thanked: 61 Times
Default go for it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427
hello all,
can u guys help me out by lettin me know where i can get good seecond hand bullets (1980 - 85 batch) preffered. 350 cc bullets. not required urgently but i would like a serch the maket a bit. mumbai market. also if anyone knows where these police and traffic police bikes are sold ??? ny clue about that ???

You will be able to fine a 1980-1985 bullet for mere 5- 10 k . The only concern should be how much you want to spend restoring the bike and if some good mecanic is your best friend.

One of my friends has a 1982 enfield he got the engine , gearbox, wheels, handle , chain and spokets, shockers, paint, swingarm , wiring , battery , point, seat, and exhaust re-done and now the machine runs like a new one .

Last edited by bhogalrajnish : 13th February 2006 at 11:27.
bhogalrajnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 20:06   #3
BHPian
 
aggressive_anush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish
One of my friends has a 1982 enfield he got the engine , gearbox, wheels, handle , chain and spokets, shockers, paint, swingarm , wiring , battery , point, seat, and exhaust re-done and now the machine runs like a new one .
Wow. Hes basically replaced almost everything. No wonder it runs like new

Last edited by aggressive_anush : 13th February 2006 at 20:08.
aggressive_anush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 21:17   #4
BHPian
 
satyamenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 110
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggressive_anush
Wow. Hes basically replaced almost everything. No wonder it runs like new
yeah

AC427, any particular reason why you're interested in a 1980-85 bullet?
satyamenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 22:04   #5
Team-BHP Support
 
manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,549
Thanked: 2,040 Times
Default

just wondering how much would getting an old bullet with a perfect engine cost me, it could be really messed up cosmetically, and then trying to give it this whole american cruiser look, how much would all this cost?

manson.

p.s. no, i m not thinking of doing anything like this, just seems like an interesting project . . .
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 15:31   #6
BHPian
 
arjun_crsce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sonipat/Gurgaon
Posts: 43
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Hey You wont find an perfect old bullet engine.
enfield old 80-85 approx 7 - 15 k
complete machine overhaul around 14 -18 k
n if you want some chrome n low seat chasis n some good paint 5 -15 k

so total aorund 30 - 45 k n another imp thing You need a damn gud Mechanic.
arjun_crsce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 22:17   #7
DKW
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dubai
Posts: 25
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: 2nd hand bullets

Hello Team,

Could you kindly guide me to a Good Bullet Restorer. I plan to buy a second hand bullet and have it built to army specifications in and around Mumbai / Pune. Your inputs are highly appreciated. Dont mind spending a lill bit from my savings provided the job is clean and upto the mark.

Thanks.
DKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 14:01   #8
BHPian
 
adrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 752
Thanked: 587 Times
Default Re: 2nd hand bullets

Hi friends, You guys up north are lucky, the asking price for a pre 90 bullet here in kerala is 1 lakh (average)
Regards Adrian
adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 22:40   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
deutscheafrikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai & Candolim
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 316 Times
Default Re: 2nd hand bullets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKW View Post
Hello Team,

Could you kindly guide me to a Good Bullet Restorer. I plan to buy a second hand bullet and have it built to army specifications in and around Mumbai / Pune. Your inputs are highly appreciated. Dont mind spending a lill bit from my savings provided the job is clean and upto the mark.

Thanks.
DKW
you should look at the Deset storm the RE has introduced. If the waiting period and the budget permits. Other wise a good english bike would be much nicer to restor to dispatch rider specks but then again might over run budget and part would be a problem\\
regards
deutscheafrikar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 02:56   #10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: 2nd hand bullets

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Hi friends, You guys up north are lucky, the asking price for a pre 90 bullet here in kerala is 1 lakh (average)
Regards Adrian
i'm a couple of months late in pointing this out but the posts and the prices are 5 years old. I was about to lay my hands on an oldish (do not remember much about it) bullet for rs. 6000 in 2008 but the seller changed his mind at the last minute :( and that was the end of my bullet dreams.
JagMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 12:27   #11
BHPian
 
abhishek24x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PB08/PB10/HR26
Posts: 58
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: 2nd hand bullets

i'm also in a look out for old army/police bullets as it would suit my budget as well as the depreciation would also be less as compared to a new one. please confirm the prices of second hand bullet as the ones written here are maybe of yesteryears'. me too interested in going for a complete overhaul. also any idea about old bullet sellers/junk dealers who sell these bullets in NCR or punjab??? Also some genuine bullet mechanic??? Please help as i'm in a desperate need of one..
abhishek24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 13:09   #12
BHPian
 
shivshanker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 308
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: 2nd hand bullets

@ac_427, @abhishek24x...

In any town I am sure you will find plenty of old bullets just visit any of the garages around, you will find a bike.

Question is will u find a good one.?!!

My suggestion is, if u guys are new to the Bullet nuances, then it is best u look for a new one .. as a rebuild can be really frustrating at times.

Believe me . .it is really hard to find a Bullet Mechanic who is will not fleece you.
shivshanker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 11:22   #13
Ali
BHPian
 
Ali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 38
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: 2nd hand bullets

Here in Hyd, Bullets prices are sky rocketing. They are taking advantage of the waiting period. i have been looking for a bike since 2 months. The prices are between 70-90K. Though the bikes are complete rebuilt and ready. You would have to stick to what is offered.

An army auctioned bullet which is mechanically working but rest is scrap is worth 45 K here. I have a strict budget and need one which is both mechanically and cosmectic ok. Will do the make over slowly.

Any help would be appreciated.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 13:13   #14
BHPian
 
abhishek24x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PB08/PB10/HR26
Posts: 58
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: 2nd hand bullets

Royal Enfield Bullet: buyers guide, history, specifications and ownership tips.

RE bullet lovers please have a look at this..
abhishek24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 12:46   #15
BHPian
 
abhishek24x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PB08/PB10/HR26
Posts: 58
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: go for it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish View Post
You will be able to fine a 1980-1985 bullet for mere 5- 10 k . The only concern should be how much you want to spend restoring the bike and if some good mecanic is your best friend.

One of my friends has a 1982 enfield he got the engine , gearbox, wheels, handle , chain and spokets, shockers, paint, swingarm , wiring , battery , point, seat, and exhaust re-done and now the machine runs like a new one .
how much did it cost your friend for getting it redone??? and did he get those parts fully replaced or did he go for an overhaul???
abhishek24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All about Exhausts / Mufflers / Silencers for RE Bullets Shashank.A Motorbikes 271 14th March 2017 16:03
Ladakh Ride- Bullets June 2008 dwaraka Travelogues 21 2nd October 2008 19:48
Dodging Bullets and drooling over Ferraris in Japan supremeBaleno The International Automotive Scene 88 26th September 2008 17:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks