Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2010, 12:44   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
I had the exact same feeling when I rode a friend's Ninja for a long distance for the first time!

Congrats man and waiting for a review and more yummy pics from you
Thanks a lot Murtaza. It does really inspire confidence .Will post more impressions and pics as I get to know it more.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 13:29   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,983
Thanked: 2,666 Times
Default

Wow!! finally she has landed, congrats buddy!. Waiting for your initial observations and loads of pictures.
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 13:34   #33
BHPian
 
Rollin' Thunda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: now Hyderabad
Posts: 288
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

This thread opened only 12 hours ago, and it's already in the third page!
Congratulations, Sammyboy. Your happiness has lightened our day.
Ride hard and ride safe.
Rollin' Thunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 13:47   #34
BHPian
 
Brocklock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 62
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Congratulations Sammyboy,

Looks an absolute beauty!

I took delivery of mine yesterday too. She's black and I'm excited as hell!

Was a bit of an inpulse buy for me. I'd been driving past this black Ninja parked in the window of the Probiking Showroom on Rajpur Road in Dehradun for a few weeks and finally went in for a look 3 days back. Apparently someone had ordered for it to delivered for Diwali and then refused delivery citing financial reasons.

, I guess.

So it was ready off the shelf for me - no waiting - and I got greedy!

Not to mention that I haven't slept too soundly since I went for a look the first time!

Again, congrats on the bike!
Brocklock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 14:38   #35
BHPian
 
Maibaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 284
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Congrats! Sammyboy

Welcome to the club!

Initially for a few days, you will experience the strong urge to keep looking at and admiring your bike every few minutes even when it is parked at home. You will familiarize yourself with every single mark and curve and spot that may be unique on your bike This is an amazing feeling and you will cherish it for days to come.

Regarding the run-in period, the first 800 kms are the ones that really test your patience, but its not that bad beyond 800 where you can go up to 80-90 km/hr. As others have suggested, you should do a long ride and get over those initial 800 kms fast.

Get some good riding gear and please do post more pics of your bike, probably taken in good daylight.

Get ready for that celebrity like attention you are going to get from now on! You will get a barrage of questions, some of them stupid, some strange, from curious people everywhere. Sometimes you will be stopped/requested by admirers to enable them to take a pic of your bike! Soon you will feel odd when that rare someone ignores your bike when you pass by! Everyone, almost everyone stares at and admires the bike on the road! I say all this from experience.

Enjoy your new ride!
Maibaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 15:10   #36
BHPian
 
Visaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 575
Thanked: 199 Times
Default

Congrats Sammyboy,
Its sure a pleasure to know another passionate biker has got his hands on every indian motor sport enthusiast small dream, the NINJA 250R
Cheers to it.
The pictures looked amazing, wish i was getting the delivery.
The bike suits you. Enjoy the breaking period.
Keep updating your rides, so dreamers like me can cherish it through your experience :-)
Something about parking the bike inside the house.
When i got my YAMAHA after all the wait i had her parked in my bedroom. Beat that :-)
But then the petrol stared getting so slow i started moving it out of the room into the garage.
Waiting to see more and more photos of the bike.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 15:31   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Wow!! finally she has landed, congrats buddy!. Waiting for your initial observations and loads of pictures.
Thanks a lot Latheesh, will post them soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
This thread opened only 12 hours ago, and it's already in the third page!
Congratulations, Sammyboy. Your happiness has lightened our day.
Ride hard and ride safe.
Thanks a lot bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post
Congratulations Sammyboy,

Looks an absolute beauty!

I took delivery of mine yesterday too. She's black and I'm excited as hell!

Was a bit of an inpulse buy for me. I'd been driving past this black Ninja parked in the window of the Probiking Showroom on Rajpur Road in Dehradun for a few weeks and finally went in for a look 3 days back. Apparently someone had ordered for it to delivered for Diwali and then refused delivery citing financial reasons.

I guess.

So it was ready off the shelf for me - no waiting - and I got greedy!

Not to mention that I haven't slept too soundly since I went for a look the first time!

Again, congrats on the bike!
Congratulations to you too bro, I guess that piece was destined to be with you. I did pass by the probiking showroom in Doon a few months back and was very happy to see the Ninja standing there. Never thought our small town would get an official showroom for an exotic bike

How about some pics and a review?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Congrats! Sammyboy

Welcome to the club!

Initially for a few days, you will experience the strong urge to keep looking at and admiring your bike every few minutes even when it is parked at home. You will familiarize yourself with every single mark and curve and spot that may be unique on your bike This is an amazing feeling and you will cherish it for days to come.

Regarding the run-in period, the first 800 kms are the ones that really test your patience, but its not that bad beyond 800 where you can go up to 80-90 km/hr. As others have suggested, you should do a long ride and get over those initial 800 kms fast.

Get some good riding gear and please do post more pics of your bike, probably taken in good daylight.

Get ready for that celebrity like attention you are going to get from now on! You will get a barrage of questions, some of them stupid, some strange, from curious people everywhere. Sometimes you will be stopped/requested by admirers to enable them to take a pic of your bike! Soon you will feel odd when that rare someone ignores your bike when you pass by! Everyone, almost everyone stares at and admires the bike on the road! I say all this from experience.

Enjoy your new ride!
Thanks Maibaa, yeah man its started happening already. Just cant stop staring at her, dont mind the attention for a while but I know it gets to your nerves after sometime. But until then .... ;-)

Will take a few pics tomorrow in daylight and post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Congrats Sammyboy,
Its sure a pleasure to know another passionate biker has got his hands on every indian motor sport enthusiast small dream, the NINJA 250R
Cheers to it.
When i got my YAMAHA after all the wait i had her parked in my bedroom. Beat that :-)
But then the petrol stared getting so slow i started moving it out of the room into the garage.
Waiting to see more and more photos of the bike.
Thanks a lot bro, wish you get it soon too. If I parked it in the bedroom, i will have to park myself in the drawing room :-P

Last edited by sammyboy : 19th November 2010 at 15:35.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 15:54   #38
BHPian
 
Rocky_Balboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Namma Bengalooru
Posts: 585
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Congratulations Sammy.
Looks like Aditya's Ninja twin
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 16:05   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default

Congrats once again Samarth

Now that you have the Greenie, the kms on the odo will be piled up with you and Adi planning weekend rides!!

Ride safe and enjoy the agony of completing the first 800 kms run in
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 16:43   #40
BHPian
 
Ironmarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Congrats samy, party pending. get it to office and we shall show off lol
Ironmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 16:50   #41
BHPian
 
Maibaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 284
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post
Congratulations Sammyboy,

Looks an absolute beauty!

I took delivery of mine yesterday too. She's black and I'm excited as hell!

Was a bit of an inpulse buy for me. I'd been driving past this black Ninja parked in the window of the Probiking Showroom on Rajpur Road in Dehradun for a few weeks and finally went in for a look 3 days back. Apparently someone had ordered for it to delivered for Diwali and then refused delivery citing financial reasons.

, I guess.

So it was ready off the shelf for me - no waiting - and I got greedy!

Not to mention that I haven't slept too soundly since I went for a look the first time!

Again, congrats on the bike!

That is some impulsive buy Congratulations!
Maibaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 16:50   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Congratulations Sammy.
Looks like Aditya's Ninja twin
Lol, thanks man, Its his Ninja's student

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats once again Samarth

Now that you have the Greenie, the kms on the odo will be piled up with you and Adi planning weekend rides!!

Ride safe and enjoy the agony of completing the first 800 kms run in
Thanks a lot man, and yeah more kms and quickly this time. For sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmarine View Post
Congrats samy, party pending. get it to office and we shall show off lol
Hey Srini, thanks a lot bro. Hee hee, will surely do that one day will be a lot of fun
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 17:16   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,206
Thanked: 2,742 Times
Default

I've got a copy of Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist on DVD and Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch on ebook.

Next time we meet, remind me to get it along. Its highly recommended by many riders and teaches braking, cornering, etc. etc. Must watch/read. Has helped me immensely in improving my riding techniques.

Riding a sportsbike is not like riding a commuter bike. Speeds are attained in a blink of an eye and stopping it requires that much more skill and technique.

Anyone can ride fast in a straight line. Everything else requires a lot more skill. The book/dvd will also teach you how to counter survival reactions that generally cause a rider to crash, how to avoid a crash, etc.

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th November 2010 at 17:17.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 17:23   #44
JVH
Senior - BHPian
 
JVH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,021
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I've got a copy of Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist on DVD and Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch on ebook.
Is the DVD available off the shelf in Bangalore? Could you tell us where did you get it from?

The ebook is a gem for riders. Very simple and yet fantastic illustrations. It just opens up a new dimension into riding which many are not even aware of. Definitely a must have.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 17:44   #45
BHPian
 
KRRaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 509
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Congrats Samarth . I can sense your excitement from the posts itself. This calls for a meet and the Green Goblin's attendance is mandatory. Pics of the bike in Drawing room please
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Ninja & me - 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650! IronH4WK Superbikes & Imports 129 9th May 2017 10:31
A childhood dream fulfilled - The story of two Ford Mustangs munchy_cool Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 16 10th February 2017 06:53
Ninja 300R & 400R to be launched. EDIT: Ninja 300 Launched @ Rs.3.5L exshowroom Delhi jkdas Motorbikes 89 11th April 2013 11:07
Should I buy a used Ninja 250 or new CBR 250? Edit - Bought a used Ninja 250 RacerByHeart Motorbikes 45 17th September 2011 10:51
Dreams Fulfilled! sree70 Introduce yourself 1 30th October 2009 16:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks