Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 20th November 2010, 06:59   #16
BHPian

Congratulations, Brocklock! Nice write-up about your buying experience.

Ride safe.
Rollin' Thunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 14:12   #17
BHPian

Congratulations Brockloc.
The black looks awesome, finally got to see one here.
I am also considering a black when i take the plunge, but would consider adding some white graphics to up the ooomp factor and give it as personal touch.
Ride safe.
Read the riding technique.
Get yourself a gear before you start venturing out with the machine, its very important.
Waiting to see more and more pics of the BLACK ninja.
Cheers to it.

I was riding past a black Ninja long back (4 months) before i feel in love with the bike. I was the only one trying to get a good look at the bike, but may be because it was dark. Green definitely is a head turner.
But does it really matter to a Biker.

Your ride rocks your world, that's all it matters.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 22:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the beautiful Black Beast, Brocklock!
Wish you safe and fun filled ownership. Keep us posted with your experience.

But before you do that, please some more pics of her. Front, back, side, top... alright, u get the drift!
safari_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 22:55   #19
BHPian

Black looks beautiful! The picture with the rain drops endorses the fact that it is raining ninjas everywhere

Congratulations, Brocklock!
Maibaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2010, 08:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Black looks beautiful. Nice write up and buying experience.

Looking forward to regular updates and pictures.

Congrats!!
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2010, 13:10   #21
BHPian

ODO READING: 167 KMS

Thank you very much for the good wishes, everyone.... Appreciate it!

@Visaster/Safarilover: More pics coming up; just that I managed to mislay the charger for my proper camera, and so am having to do with my N97 for the moment. So I'll post some proper pics once I've got the new charger.

I rode to Probiking Service today - had a few minor issues to sort out:

1) The number plate bracket on the front cowl absolutely had to go to achieve a clean look. I had removed the number plate right on delivery but the bracket seemed to be a harder nut to crack. From what I could figure out, the front cowl would have to be removed for the bracket to come off. ( For the moment, I have decided to let the "Ferrari of all saree guards" be - it's not too obtrusive)

2) The left side rear view mirror had come loose and was hanging limp on the side. I tightened, but it kept coming loose again every few kilometres.

3) There seemed to be a false neutral between 5th and 6th gear.

I got delayed while leaving home, and ended up reaching Probiking around 12:50 pm. The bike was attended to immediately, and I was pleased to see that the Kawasaki trained mechanic immediately showed up and got on the job.

I'm an engineer myself and I was relieved to see the technician's familiarity with the machine. In a matter of minutes, he had the entire fairing, seat, and the cowl stripped down, and the bracket removed. Next, rear view mirror was attended to and then the false neutral.

Things were pretty quick and the Service manager was present most of the time.

I had unwittingly made the mistake of turning up 10 minutes before the workshop's lunch break, and when I realised that, I offered to come later, or wait until the break was over. However, in an absolute first for me, both the service manager and the technician said that it was all right - I could not have known that the lunch break was coming up, and that they would finish my work first. I was nothing short of pleasantly SHOCKED.

For those who are waiting for the Ninja 650: I was introduced to the Area Service Manager form Bajaj and he showed me some pics of the new bike on his phone. It's looks exactly the same as the machine that I have ridden before and I can tell you that it's a blast. The riding position isn't so great for me, but it's comfortable all right. But I guess all this varies with your personal preferences.

Much more importantly, the Area Service Manager said that they were expecting to have it in showrooms by March. Price: Under 6.0 Lakhs.

Here are a few pics of the bike after the numberplate bracket came off, and some at the workshop.

So ride / drive safe, everyone, and have a great weekend!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Pics of the crashed cars have been removed. Please post them here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2576-accidents-india-pics.html
Attached Images

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd November 2010 at 11:40.
Brocklock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:57   #22
BHPian

The bike is looking awesome.
Somehow when i saw the black it just looked like a karisma. I Don't want a Ninja to be mistaken for a Karisma ever. Its a pure insult to the machine.
Planning to keep it stock plain black? Throw in some custom graphic to make it look more sporty ( Keep it minimal thou )
What was done about the false neutral between 5th and 6th gear ?

So its confirmed that the 650 is going to hit the market. Wow.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 11:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post
almost forgot that my wife was waiting in the car outside! Drove a good kilometre before I realised I'd forgotten my better half at the showroom!
Spirit of true motorhead; happens all the time; my Wifey complaints that she's treated like a mistress when I'm with my Rx

Quote:
2) The left side rear view mirror had come loose and was hanging limp on the side.
This is a very common issue that I've seen with Kwacker 250; get yourself a hex key handy.

Also get yourself a FZ's tire hugger to avoid the mud splashes.

BTW, why're those Swift's & Santro's pics here?
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 11:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

For the mirror issue, ask the service guys to fix a spring washer. They did the same here for a couple of guys who were facing this issue and it is rectified now.

As aargee said, get the FZ hugger to avoid mud and muck being splashed all around the hard to clean areas. Its not a bolt on fit and needs some jugaad like cutting etc. to fit on the bike.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 12:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For those who are waiting for the Ninja 650: I was introduced to the Area Service Manager form Bajaj and he showed me some pics of the new bike on his phone. It's looks exactly the same as the machine that I have ridden before and I can tell you that it's a blast. The riding position isn't so great for me, but it's comfortable all right. But I guess all this varies with your personal preferences.

Much more importantly, the Area Service Manager said that they were expecting to have it in showrooms by March. Price: Under 6.0 Lakhs.
This is fantastic news - I can't wait for the 650. I also heard on some auto show that Honda may also launch a 600 cc offering. It'll be truly brilliant if one can consider up to two / three 600 - 700 cc options in the market even if that's by next June.

I know I might be pushing my luck but did he mention whether 6 L was ex showroom or on road? On road seems a decent price but ex showroom would make it a tad pricey.

Cheers
Axe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 13:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Spirit of true motorhead; happens all the time; my Wifey complaints that she's treated like a mistress when I'm with my Rx
Actually, most mistresses generally get pampered more than the wife so she should refer to the bike as the mistress.
Axe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:43   #27
BHPian

Another black on the block..congrats Brocklock. dont think too much about the 4k limit, just make sure you are not lugging/straining/redlining the engine and its all good. Welcome to the ninja club, ride safe and have a blast!!
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mate! The bike looks gleaming and mean. Ride safe!
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 23:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

A great buy indeed! Congratulations, wish you many happy miles.

So is this the black Ninja that had been parked at the showroom for quite some time? I always ogled at it but never got the time to get down and check it out.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 00:47   #30
BHPian

Congrats brocklock, looks awesome in black with all the shiny raindrops. Wishing you a lot of smiles and miles.
prasadee is offline   Reply With Quote