Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2010, 17:50   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 2,105 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
True Argee but unicorn is costing 57-60k and the waiting period is 6 months for it.
Yes, all HMSI products have a huge waiting period, probably exceptions would include Dio, Aviator etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
A used 2007 unicorn run 25k is up for sale and is costing 35k is it worth?
I'm really sorry @Josh, I have no idea on the pricing, but may be, may be, 30K should be OK, but again this is my assumption. However, if you've any technical questions on Unicorn, I'll be more than happy & provide accurate info about the vehicle.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 20:40   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Am in a very big confusion
1. should I repair the tank or get a second hand one from Pudupet (used auto parts market)
2. Should i retain this bike or sell it and buy a second hand Unicorn.in this case i guess my passion would sell for 15-20k and i need to spend another 15k for unicorn
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 23:20   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 2,105 Times
Default

@Josh, ok, let do some math? Give the following...
1. What's the avg Km run per year (calculate since 2003)
2. What's your daily use? Don't answer in Kms, but state like the purpose of ride.
3. What's the amount you're willing to spend on a new or old motorcycle?
4. What's your monetary gain expected on selling your HH Passion?
5. What's the insurance amount you pay on HH Passion?
6. List out all your present problems with HH Passion one by one including any dissatisfaction if you've

Last but not the least, what's the emotional factor you've for your HH Passion?
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 12:39   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Josh, ok, let do some math? Give the following...
1. What's the avg Km run per year (calculate since 2003)
2. What's your daily use? Don't answer in Kms, but state like the purpose of ride.
3. What's the amount you're willing to spend on a new or old motorcycle?
4. What's your monetary gain expected on selling your HH Passion?
5. What's the insurance amount you pay on HH Passion?
6. List out all your present problems with HH Passion one by one including any dissatisfaction if you've

Last but not the least, what's the emotional factor you've for your HH Passion?
Hi aargee please find the answers

1. 490km/Month
2. Gym,Office (Planning 2 twice a week- 25km/day) ,nearby shop
3. 10k over the passion selling price
4. 18-20k
5. ~1200
6. Back pain due to seating
Rust in tank,chain guard,frame
Rattling of plastic panels
Not refined like unicorn - but cant complain
Emotional Factor
> My first New bike bought on valentine's Day
> Got special number for it (7101) since dad had it in his bike,in fact there were four 7101s at home 2003 to 2006
> Bought it for 47k but guess it will sell only for 15-20k
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 13:14   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 193
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Having query on petrol tank. Are these petrol tank lid are suppose to be "Leak Proof"?

Mins is not leakproof. Few days back i removed tank and it had petrol in it. Petrol started leaking profusely when kept in inverted position. is this all right?

Logically it cant be air tight otherwise petrol wont flow out for tank outlet.
idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 13:53   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 2,105 Times
Default

Josh, I've an immediate answer looking at figure, just see if it helps...
Selling price of HH Passion - 20K
Additional money - 10K
Total = 30K

New tank - 3K
New Chain guard - 1K
Replace or mend the plastics - 2K
Total = 6K

Savings - 4K
When you buy Unicorn, you're bound to experience the same plastic rattling (known to start from the rear tail assy)

So from financial perspective, buying a new one...you know what to do!!!

Now you've to give a weightage only between First motorcycle+bought on Feb 14+special number versus Back pain. Forget the refinement, its HH, you can tune it with help of a good mechanic.

Hope it was something useful
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 15:07   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
Having query on petrol tank. Are these petrol tank lid are suppose to be "Leak Proof"?

Mins is not leakproof. Few days back i removed tank and it had petrol in it. Petrol started leaking profusely when kept in inverted position. is this all right?

Logically it cant be air tight otherwise petrol wont flow out for tank outlet.
It cannot be leak proof,air needs to get in to it,and if you invert it nobody can help it

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Josh, I've an immediate answer looking at figure, just see if it helps...
Selling price of HH Passion - 20K
Additional money - 10K
Total = 30K

New tank - 3K
New Chain guard - 1K
Replace or mend the plastics - 2K
Total = 6K

Savings - 4K
When you buy Unicorn, you're bound to experience the same plastic rattling (known to start from the rear tail assy)

So from financial perspective, buying a new one...you know what to do!!!

Now you've to give a weightage only between First motorcycle+bought on Feb 14+special number versus Back pain. Forget the refinement, its HH, you can tune it with help of a good mechanic.

Hope it was something useful
Appreciate you patience , now i guess i should retain the passion

here is my calculation
New tank 3k
New side panels 1.4k
Painting 2k

6400 and my bike will look new ,but i have an idea to source all plastic panels,2nd hand tank and alloys to make it look like latest version of passion

Let me goto pudhupet today and check out,BTW anybody from chennai know any shop in pudhupet?
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fuel tank capacity measurement, how? giri Technical Stuff 77 6th December 2017 09:30
How do you refill your fuel tank? What is the best practice? souravbasu Technical Stuff 132 18th April 2017 22:34
Can the fuel tank capacity be increased speedsatya Modifications & Accessories 4 11th November 2009 09:31
fuel tank 42lt.- fuel in-44lt. v.tec Technical Stuff 55 29th August 2006 20:50
Fuel Tank Rusting and Leaking in my Fiero F2 souravbasu Motorbikes 15 21st April 2006 12:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks