riding to office i imagine i am on my r6(pls dont ask what ride i
have now..hint(boys call me ladybird when they spot me on that
bike))and so much so that when i am in the loo i fart like as
though i am revving an R6. heheheheheheh. "moderators dont throw me
out please!!". So guys tell me how ur first wait for your bikes
was...pls i hope somebody here has actually waited for it....now i
am in such a bad shape to own one that i'll do anything i mean
anything to get my hands on my R6
Ok... but what is R6? Initially I thought you are waiting for a Swift.

I myself did not have to wait for my car, at least not over such an agonizingly long period. However I had to endure the 1.5 months that it took for me to decide my first car, the mode of payment I will choose and then when all was through to get the loan sanctioned and finally to wait for the delivery day (around 5 days). Those were the days... sometimes I used to have those urges of running out the first available car and throw all the other calculations and analysis out of the window. So I can empathize with you.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 16:47   #3
Team-BHP Support

i waited kinda so long that i landed up getting a car instead of a superbike. now waiting again to get my hands on a bike . . . grrrr . .

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 16:48   #4
BHPian

Talking

My case is worse than yours

I got delivery of my GTX on a Friday - actually it was not delivered formally, you can say I rather refused to leave the car at the dealer's

The dealer gave me the car with a temporary registration and insurance papers. But on reachig home I found that the insurance had expired! Which meant no taking the car out util it was formally registered adn the insurance policy comes into effect.

So there was this spanking new orange GTX sitting in my garage and me not able to use it! All i could do was drive inside the garage which was around 40 feet long. I would go front, reverse, go front, reverse....

I was doing this on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday

Finally the car got registered on wednesday morning and I was finally able to take the car out. Man never have I felt so frustrated in my life. It was paining to have the car parked in the garage and not able to take it out.
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 18:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
My case is worse than yours

So there was this spanking new orange GTX sitting in my garage and me not able to use it! All i could do was drive inside the garage which was around 40 feet long. I would go front, reverse, go front, reverse....

I was doing this on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
Man Harrie, thats touching...I know how exactly it feels!
Mine was a total different story...I have waited for 2yrs(2003 to 2005), saving up money bit by bit to buy the Vtec I always dreamt of. I got so frustrated after an year of waiting that I almost decided to settle with an esteem but my heart never let me do it...Drove my familys alto day after day till 2005 July when I had saved enough money to pickup a 2nd hand Vtec. Spent 10days checking out different Vtecs, but finally settled at an Emerald green,2001 model, well maintained doctors car for 5.55L. Paidup 2.5L cash and 3L loan for 4yrs...Have been extremely contented since last 5mnths or so...
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 18:36   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Ok... but what is R6? Initially I thought you are waiting for a Swift.

I myself did not have to wait for my car, at least not over such an agonizingly long period. However I had to endure the 1.5 months that it took for me to decide my first car, the mode of payment I will choose and then when all was through to get the loan sanctioned and finally to wait for the delivery day (around 5 days). Those were the days... sometimes I used to have those urges of running out the first available car and throw all the other calculations and analysis out of the window. So I can empathize with you.
hI ZAPPO i am talking about the yamaha yzf R6 which is a 600cc Bike man...
ICE MARI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 18:46   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Man Harrie, thats touching...I know how exactly it feels!
Mine was a total different story...I have waited for 2yrs(2003 to 2005), saving up money bit by bit to buy the Vtec I always dreamt of. I got so frustrated after an year of waiting that I almost decided to settle with an esteem but my heart never let me do it...Drove my familys alto day after day till 2005 July when I had saved enough money to pickup a 2nd hand Vtec. Spent 10days checking out different Vtecs, but finally settled at an Emerald green,2001 model, well maintained doctors car for 5.55L. Paidup 2.5L cash and 3L loan for 4yrs...Have been extremely contented since last 5mnths or so...
wolf u soo lucky man i had 10 L. this was in jan 2005...i badly wanted a V-tech but then i would not have enough cash for an R6 so instead bought an esteem aug 2005, i adore the v-tec man...ur lucky .....now i dont have the v-tech nor the r6......
ICE MARI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 19:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE MARI
wolf u soo lucky man i had 10 L. this was in jan 2005...i badly wanted a V-tech but then i would not have enough cash for an R6 so instead bought an esteem aug 2005, i adore the v-tec man...ur lucky .....now i dont have the v-tech nor the r6......
One way Im lucky and one way Im not coz if I was really lucky, I wouldve had my vtec in 2003, but I still feel lucky coz I found a good one for a good price and Im very satisfied with my purchase today

OHC Vtec's are getting rarer by day and its really hard to find one at a good price. The owners who bought it years back are well aware that its no more available and people are dying to grab one.......they have their own fancy price tags...just like RD350 bikes today(couldnt get a better example, sorry if Im not perfectly relevant!
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote