Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 15:27   #16
BHPian
 
sameer9797's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 57
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
By OE pipe i mean to say retain the cat con pipe and dont think of even trying original RX100, RX135 chrome pipe or even old RXZ chrome pipe on your bike all are waste for this bike until n unless you get chambers done with proper bore, stroke and port calculations.If you are really keen on getting it tuned, ported and chambered be ready to blow the equivalent cost of our bike once again.
Sashi Chamber Works at siddiya road 2nd cross does good chambers ask him that you need a calculated one done by Mr. Bhatt (ex TVS race team guy).
Thanks for that Ajay, I will contact Shashi Chamber works, Do you have the contact number ?
sameer9797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 16:27   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

Dont have his number now but go to Urvashi theatre and opposite to that theatre one fuel station is there and one road goes inside just before that fuel station, take that and look for 2nd cross on the right hand side, go straight for 60-80 meters, you'll find that shop.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 17:49   #18
BHPian
 
sameer9797's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 57
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Dont have his number now but go to Urvashi theatre and opposite to that theatre one fuel station is there and one road goes inside just before that fuel station, take that and look for 2nd cross on the right hand side, go straight for 60-80 meters, you'll find that shop.
OK I will pay a visit to the shop. I can already sense the excitement of riding a 5 Speed with the chambers .

By the way, your Blue RD just looks fabulous. I am the look out for one such machine too
sameer9797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 20:29   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

Imagin my excitement where i am getting one of the best tuned pipe for RX135 cc, 1 mm over size stage 2 ported barrel, 28 mm flat slide TZR250 carb and one blue stock RXZ in pipeline
Going to put along with none other then RDD high compression head, CDi, welded crank n rock n roll.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 23:34   #20
BHPian
 
2StrokeJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 230
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

Ive been running a chambered RX as my daily commute for the past 4 years in bangalore. If ur gonna run a chamber you have to use some common sense and always know that you are on the wrong side of the law. Do not rev the bike and get on the pipe in a tunnel if theres a cop station at the other end - Eg: Frazer Town Police Station. Do not unnecessarily rev the bike at Traffic Lights. Shut the bike off if a cop approaches. And traffic signal GP participation should be done only if your sure of a clean getaway.

Now about chambers. The trouble you get into with a chamber is directly propotional to the sound that emanates from it. The first thing to look for in a chamber is a good end can / muffler design. Stay away from mufflers held by nuts and bolts. They get loose and fall off with viberations over a period of time. I would say welded mufflers with spring-loaded end caps are the best and most durable.

Most chamber makers in bangalore make tapered headers which is very good . However the design of the header along with that of the belly and stinger must suit your porting . A fat short chamber will not work on stock ports. A long fat chamber also will not work very well for stock ports. Look for something that fall inbetween. There are no hard and fast rules that define how a particular chamber will function. A ball park idea is all you will get. In my experience, finding the best chamber that works for your type of power is a trial and error method. I got mine rite on my 4th chamber. The key to chambers used on a daily commute is to have the least possible flatspot. My current chamber is quite top endy but has very decent low end torque and a fat midrange. I think most performance enthusiast would like that kind of power delivery in the daily city traffic scenario of bangalore.

Remember that you need to jet your carb according to your chamber. I dont think the RDD CDI stands anywhere close to the bang for buck in terms of performance that a good chamber can give. Also remember a chambered high - comp motor will not last as long as a stock exhuast equipped motor. Expect to rebore more frequently maybe once every 8 odd months - that again depending on use , oil used and maintainance.

Congrats Ajay !! How much is this costing you ?

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 19th May 2011 at 23:40.
2StrokeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 09:19   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

Negotiation for bike is going on as the owner is hell bent on 78K figure.
Rest of the set-up is priceless money cant buy that.
You might not be wrong about performance of RDD cdi compared to chambers, both are different components and we cant compare them, but what about using a cdi which gives you dynamic curve across the RPM range, having a technology which is found only in GP race bikes(wasted spark removed and till now i have not seen this feature in any CDi in India), better engine life and control over the ignition timing. I have used it in my all RX's in past and can vouch for them. Less pollution, more power across the rpm, more mileage, easily over revs by 1500-2000 rpm compared to stock cdi. Rest is up-to one's personal choice.
BTW my street ported RD was not able to cross 4000 RPM mark with another famous CDi and after switching to RDD cdi never seen back, revs past 8500 RPM easily in first 3 gears and pulls like train.Soon will post the dyno reading.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 12:23   #22
BHPian
 
2StrokeJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 230
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Negotiation for bike is going on as the owner is hell bent on 78K figure.
Rest of the set-up is priceless money cant buy that.
You might not be wrong about performance of RDD cdi compared to chambers, both are different components and we cant compare them, but what about using a cdi which gives you dynamic curve across the RPM range, having a technology which is found only in GP race bikes(wasted spark removed and till now i have not seen this feature in any CDi in India), better engine life and control over the ignition timing. I have used it in my all RX's in past and can vouch for them. Less pollution, more power across the rpm, more mileage, easily over revs by 1500-2000 rpm compared to stock cdi. Rest is up-to one's personal choice.
BTW my street ported RD was not able to cross 4000 RPM mark with another famous CDi and after switching to RDD cdi never seen back, revs past 8500 RPM easily in first 3 gears and pulls like train.Soon will post the dyno reading.
I dont understand what the RDD CDI has to do on a thread about Expansion Chambers. Please stick to the topic on hand. With regards to why your china barrel motor was stonewalling at 4k rpm and then suddenly stonewalls at 8.5k rpm -- lol If im not wrong you switched to UNI's at the same time ....?

I dont know what it is about you RDD guys but to me you guys sound like bunch of enthusiastic evangelist - always trying to convince people that your CDI is THE BEST ! Why the need to convince and convert ? If your so interested in convincing people I would suggest you guys start participating in events and winning for a change.

Use the feedback section on your forum. Making another long post there wont hurt . I dont want to get into a long drawn argument here but please open your eyes and accept the fact that there alot of "COMPETITIVE" 2 strokes that that do not run this CDI. And these bike are really fast too. I know its hard to accept this , but please do - its in your interest , cas when the bubble bursts and reality hits, it hits hard my friend - please end this CDI discussion here and now.

Last edited by GTO : 21st May 2011 at 18:22. Reason: Removing 2 rude lines. Please do NOT post messages that can be constituted as personal attacks
2StrokeJunkie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 13:27   #23
BHPian
 
sameer9797's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 57
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Imagin my excitement where i am getting one of the best tuned pipe for RX135 cc, 1 mm over size stage 2 ported barrel, 28 mm flat slide TZR250 carb and one blue stock RXZ in pipeline
Going to put along with none other then RDD high compression head, CDi, welded crank n rock n roll.
I can relate to the excitement

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post

Most chamber makers in bangalore make tapered headers which is very good . My current chamber is quite top endy but has very decent low end torque and a fat midrange. I think most performance enthusiast would like that kind of power delivery in the daily city traffic scenario of bangalore.
Where did you get your chambers done? Pointers please

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
Remember that you need to jet your carb according to your chamber. I dont think the RDD CDI stands anywhere close to the bang for buck in terms of performance that a good chamber can give. Also remember a chambered high - comp motor will not last as long as a stock exhuast equipped motor. Expect to rebore more frequently maybe once every 8 odd months - that again depending on use , oil used and maintainance.
I completely agree on the fun aspect of riding a chambered bike, the sound and the feel of it is something else. It cant be compared with anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post

lso remember a chambered high - comp motor will not last as long as a stock exhuast equipped motor. Expect to rebore more frequently maybe once every 8 odd months
I did not get this one.

Dude, How can we re-bore the machine every 8 months. As I understand It, the RX can be re-bored 4 times, 025, 0.5, 0.75, and 1.

I am already on 0.5. And as you might already be aware, the Bore of the 5 Speed is Gold, just impossible to find another one.

So how do we go about after 4 re-bores ?
sameer9797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 14:30   #24
BHPian
 
2StrokeJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 230
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

I dont see the point in giving you names of welders and fabricators. However i will help you out with a one stop shop. Tirumala Motors - JC Road.

Your need for a rebore will depend on how long your rings , compression and piston lasts at optimal working condition which in turn depends on how much you abuse your motor , what kind of oil you use and other factors like a high comp head , advanced timing , jetting etc . Some people rebore just because of ring rattle , others will not and run the bore till it becomes oval - heard of people on this forum running on the same bore size for 50,000 kms . So its a personal choice. As an RX enthusiast U need to stock up on bores. Prices have reached the sky here in bangalore. Ur other option would be to get a sleeve which is what many people are doing because of the astronomical prices being quoted at the gujj. Hope this helps . Cheers.
2StrokeJunkie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 15:14   #25
BHPian
 
sameer9797's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 57
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
I dont see the point in giving you names of welders and fabricators. However i will help you out with a one stop shop. Tirumala Motors - JC Road.

Your need for a rebore will depend on how long your rings , compression and piston lasts at optimal working condition which in turn depends on how much you abuse your motor , what kind of oil you use and other factors like a high comp head , advanced timing , jetting etc . Some people rebore just because of ring rattle , others will not and run the bore till it becomes oval - heard of people on this forum running on the same bore size for 50,000 kms . So its a personal choice. As an RX enthusiast U need to stock up on bores. Prices have reached the sky here in bangalore. Ur other option would be to get a sleeve which is what many people are doing because of the astronomical prices being quoted at the gujj. Hope this helps . Cheers.

Thanks for the link. I tried purchasing an alternate bore , just to keep another one. THe guy quoted 15K for it !

The 5 Speed Bore is just impossible to find. I tried sourcing it from Faridabad, but its unavailable.

More than the astronomical prices, I somehow dont like buying stuff from the Gujj. I like everything OE, out of the showroom, a sense of satisfaction

Can you shed more light on the sleeve option, and I have heard stuff that it has an impact on the performance
sameer9797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 15:33   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

Bike was on UNi from the day one with 400 jet size.
Only one thing mate which you didn't replied do you really have any CDi with wasted spark switched off?Any ignition system which can burn fuel supplied from 400 size jet?
Dont mind but so called your Bombay tooner (we both know that cheater very well) still runs most of his build on RDD cdi.
And what these China barrels are capable of will show soon with dyno chart, get any chart over here and then will talk. My build is not for competition its street ported

Last edited by GTO : 21st May 2011 at 18:23. Reason: Removing 1 rude line and last para. Please do NOT post messages that reek of personal attacks
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 15:47   #27
BHPian
 
2StrokeJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 230
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

Dyno Chart ? What - off shekar's worn out dyno ? Lol . And what is this Bombay Tooner ? Is he a relative of your Bangalore tooner ? 400 main jets on a street port ? Sounds like an Air Port buddy. LMAO ! Please note that at the recently held drag race in mumbai Anthony - DAM Motors Mathikere did a run time of 12.173 - which i believe is a new national record. Please try and come close to that atleast within 13 sec bracket... with any of the bikes at your or your tooners disposal . You can use your china barrels too if you think you stand a better chance.

Last edited by GTO : 21st May 2011 at 18:24. Reason: Removing last line. Please do NOT get overtly rude, and personally attack
2StrokeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 16:07   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

Was it your bike? will you be able to run that on city?

Don't mind buddy but i am riding RD's since 1999, still you have long way to go.
And why not Shekhars dyno if nothing is available, come on buddy show that you have a real RD not some pussy cat.

Last edited by GTO : 21st May 2011 at 18:25. Reason: Please do NOT get overtly rude, and personally attack
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 05:16   #29
BHPian
 
2StrokeJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 230
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

Just for your info we run 400+ main jets on our drag bike. I dont need to prove anything to you personally because this is not personal ajay , also we do not have a very good equation with shekar and do not want to use his dyno . I hope you can understand this .

No hard feeling bro , you and me - we are just 2 stroke enthusiasts, in love with these machines. If you / your team wants to prove something bring it to the drag strip. Till then lets not clutter teambhp with our ego bruising and CDI marketing .Cheers.

@ Sameer , buddy beggars are not choosers , your better off buying 2nd oversize bores from the Gujj at a cheaper rate. Another option would be to buy the chinese bores. Quality and Finish is very poor but can be worked upon or you can import original malaysian bores.

Last edited by GTO : 21st May 2011 at 18:25. Reason: Please do NOT get overtly rude, and personally attack
2StrokeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 08:19   #30
BHPian
 
2StrokeJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 230
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

@ sameer - sleeves are a cheaper option and can be pretty good if done from the right place. The advantage with shoving in a sleeve would be you can design your ports on the bore and the sleeve alot more easily as its easier to shave off the metal. Allignement and quality of the sleeve would be critical . You can also choose your piston type and size - standard to big bore. BTW in which part of bangalore are you based ?
2StrokeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Yamaha Rx 135 - 5speed, Overhaulin style ! The Great Motorbikes 26 16th July 2014 16:17
Vadodra To Mumbai on Yamaha Rx 135 - 5speed The Great Motorbikes 15 13th July 2011 22:52
Expansion Chamber Software Champ111 Motorbikes 2 10th February 2010 18:49
Rx 135 chamber for sale chiragh_bir Shifting gears 0 9th December 2007 11:02
Removal of expansion chamber. adman77 Modifications & Accessories 4 14th August 2007 12:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks