Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 4th January 2006, 23:46   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

May his sould rest in peace. Was he wearing a helmet?
Old 5th January 2006, 00:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
May his sould rest in peace. Was he wearing a helmet?
very shocking to hear ... one of the most commited bikers ive ever met
yes i think he was wearing one.
Old 5th January 2006, 01:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

May his soul rest in peace.

But how long is this callousness going to go on? Isn't there anyway in which the government can be held responsible for such unnecessary deaths? Forget about his racing, those loose wires hanging out like that are a death trap for anyone. Sad part is nothing is going to change. Go back there after a week and those wires will be still be hanging. How many such freak accidents have we heard about and seen? Trucks carrying long poles with a dirty maroon rag of a excuse warning road users is one example. So many cars have had these poles crash through the windshield and killing people. So many times these poles have gone through the head's of bikers splitting their brians out. How many such young lives is this country going to loose without realising the loss? Worst is when accident victims lie writhing on the road and bleed to death because this "economic powerhorse and global superpower" doesn't have any emergency service to show for itself and it's citizens. If these things happened anywhere else, the government would have had their pants sued off. For all the increasing literacy, growing economy , increasing richness of it's people, India remains a barbaric country and I don't see any change in that status for a long time.

As an Indian it shames me to know that I will get better medical response in the event of an accident in Canada then I ever could imagine in my OWN country.
Old 5th January 2006, 01:36   #19
BHPian

[SIZE=2]sad news to know that one of ur bhpian died in a freak bike accident....if chronicles of the inicdent are anything to go by i dont think theres much to be blamed ...but thrill kills..may his soul rest in peace n condolences to his family members[/SIZE]

Last edited by ambylimo : 5th January 2006 at 01:37.
Old 5th January 2006, 21:40   #20
BHPian

heres how it happ:: he was going for coll.. was supposedly riding fast.. and he crrashed into the wire hanging on the side of the pole.. because of the whiplash, the wire cut through his chest, broke his ribs and punctured his heart .. he died on the spot due to multiple injuries :( really sad.. we at RSA can only pray for his family and friends and may his soul rest in peace..
Old 5th January 2006, 21:55   #21
BHPian

Very very sad news..may his soul rest in peace..
And hope everyone drive safe,whether car or bike..the Govt. might not change soon..might take some time-like wires hanging here and there,etc.,but we can surely change a bit,and drive a bit more safer,for the good of ourself,and others loving us.

-sr
Old 5th January 2006, 22:51   #22
BHPian

Default Student from our college loses his life in freak bike accident

I am from the same college. As far as the information i got he was driving rashly and plus he wasn't wearing a helmet. We may blame the authorities as much as we like but we also need to be careful on our part.

May his soul rest in peace.
Old 5th January 2006, 23:44   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180
heres how it happ:: he was going for coll.. was supposedly riding fast.. and he crrashed into the wire hanging on the side of the pole..
Who ever decided to close down XBHP to pay homage is not very smart. This is the time to get together local Pune RSA members and organise a protest and take it up to the Mayor's office. At least more lives will be saved in the future.
Shutting down the site will only hurt the communication process.

Last edited by Mpower : 5th January 2006 at 23:53.
Old 6th January 2006, 00:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

thats really sad.may his soul rest in peace.my condolesence to his family and close friends.
the government doesnt care how bad and unsafe the roads are.there have been many accidents due to the unsafe enviorment but it just doesn seem to draw their attention.they would rather fill their pockets than spend it on making these roads a safer place.

Rev
Old 6th January 2006, 04:40   #25
Max
BHPian

Thumbs up agree there should be protest

Quote:
Who ever decided to close down XBHP to pay homage is not very smart. This is the time to get together local Pune RSA members and organise a protest and take it up to the Mayor's office. At least more lives will be saved in the future.
totally agree with you :. Well, The forum will be open 6th morning (today) and hope they show some protest ! :(

My Condolences to victims family and friends.
Old 6th January 2006, 05:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

What is a protest going to achieve? The mayor or whichever government official recieves the protestors will offer his condolences, ask them to give him a written petition and that petition will be used the next morning when the mayor goes to the bathroom. IF the government is serious about unnecessary loss of young lives and if they really want to turn India into a first world country, then they should not need any protest or petition to improve things.

There are countries that go to war if a few of it's citizens are murdered, then there are countries like India that give two hoots and show absolutely no respect to it's OWN citizens.
Old 6th January 2006, 18:29   #27
BHPian

Quote:
This is the time to get together local Pune RSA members and organise a protest and take it up to the Mayor's office.
protesting is not the solution to this\such type of problems. Remember that whatever we want to change in the system, we have to start from ourselves.
For example lets take into account the govt.'s decision about helmets ...How many of the bikers from pune ( this applies to all the cities but here in particular i am refering to pune ) wear helmets on 2 wheelers ?? I have seen posters abusing the governments decision right in front of my house - and mind you, there are total of 6 schools + colleges situated in the area nearby - so by this posters, what message went towards the youth who are in most of the times the victims of such accidents ???
Also, how many of us actually wear seat-belts in cars while driving ?? or Is it that we are gonna use these kinda safety devices only after the so called 'care takers' aka govt. makes it compulsory ???

PS. In the same cross section where i stay, a biker ( sadly another college student aged just 23 ) died on the spot after bumping into a stationary truck and he wasn't wearing helmet - now who takes responsibilty for such mishaps ??? - ironically this accident took place right in front of the building where the ' anti - helmet' posters were put up.

Well sorry for a long post and sorry if i have offended anyone...
all i want to say is that the changes should start from ourselves - instead of blaming the authorities, its better to take responsibilty of our safety while driving, into our hands.
Old 6th January 2006, 18:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

@hkanitkar, very well said!
Old 6th January 2006, 19:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

@hkanitkar, I completely agree with you.
BTW, can you please tell me the exact site where it happened? Because according to the version I heard today, it happened near the first pole (where the transformer is attached), immediately after we turn right after that mini bridge. Which, btw, is on the side of the road and not in the middle. But I still maintain that the other poles situated in the middle of the road are dangerous. Will post the exact details about the incident when I get them.

Last edited by sajo : 6th January 2006 at 19:19.
Old 6th January 2006, 22:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
lol we know hes not.
either ways .. dont think the protest would realyl help ... same old story.
mayor doesnt really give two whooths..he will just pay a few guys to get it done with for a few days and then after that it will be back to normal..
Closed Thread