Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2006, 12:44   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,554
Thanked: 815 Times
Default Student from our college loses his life in freak bike accident.

A student from our college lost his life today morning while on his way. I am not fully aware of all the details, but I heard that he was struck while riding by a loose wire on the road. It was really a sad thing to happen, and may his soul rest in peace.

PS : I think that guy was a well known Xbhp/RSA member.
sajo is online now  
Old 4th January 2006, 13:30   #2
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 40
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Can we call ourselves civilized when such negligence like a lose wire can kill a young human being. How many times have we driven over or side of an invisible killer pothole and thanked God that we did not land into it and then just drive on? How many times have we gone over long sharp nails and thanked God that we missed that puncture and then just driven on? If a difference can be made on our roads today it lies on us and us alone.
May his soul rest in peace
burjiis is offline  
Old 4th January 2006, 14:21   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
vivekiny2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: cincinnati, jabalpur,chennai
Posts: 1,241
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

i have a deep cut across my nose from a kite thread, got it 5 yrs back.

and yes, i was not wearing a helmet that time. thankfully escaped with minor injury.
vivekiny2k is offline  
Old 4th January 2006, 15:35   #4
BHPian
 
fash_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 217
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Thats right, he's part of xBhp and RSA. His name is Maitreya aka Mats. This news shocked me like hell. All i can say now is, may his soul rest in peace.
fash_1 is offline  
Old 4th January 2006, 16:24   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chennai. Now in BlueBell, PA, USA
Posts: 49
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Cant help much. Very unfortunate incident.
Lets wish God gives enough courage for his dear ones to come over this tragedy.

Surya
Surya is offline  
Old 4th January 2006, 19:11   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,554
Thanked: 815 Times
Default

The road on which this happened (and the one which I use everyday), has lots of electricity poles bang in the middle of the road. Apparently, he got entangled in of the supporting wires of the pole. Someone should really do something about those poles. Once while I was returning at night I almost crashed into one of them. Its unfortunate that negligence on the part of civic planners snuffed out a young life today.

Last edited by sajo : 4th January 2006 at 19:17.
sajo is online now  
Old 4th January 2006, 22:12   #7
BHPian
 
hkanitkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: pune
Posts: 643
Thanked: 24 Times
Unhappy

ok this is what i have heard :
this guy was racing with some 2 bikers on that road and the crash took place at some 70-80 KMPH and hence fatal.

If this racing bit is true, what can i say ?? if we are blaming MSEB people for those tie cables for electricity poles, what about road racing then ?? who should be blamed ??

may his soul rest in peace...
hkanitkar is online now  
Old 4th January 2006, 22:43   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,554
Thanked: 815 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar
ok this is what i have heard :
this guy was racing with some 2 bikers on that road and the crash took place at some 70-80 KMPH and hence fatal.

If this racing bit is true, what can i say ?? if we are blaming MSEB people for those tie cables for electricity poles, what about road racing then ?? who should be blamed ??

may his soul rest in peace...
Maybe he was going fast. But the poles in the midst (and the wires hanging out from them) could be dangerous for anyone. They were fatal in this case, but could cause injury in others no? But I agree, Vadgaon is the last place one should rip his(her?) vehicle. The sparse traffic and compartively wide roads may appear tempting, but anything can pop up from anywhere.
Do you know the other two guys? Were they Xbhp members too?

Last edited by sajo : 4th January 2006 at 22:45.
sajo is online now  
Old 4th January 2006, 22:57   #9
BHPian
 
adit1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
i have a deep cut across my nose from a kite thread, got it 5 yrs back.

and yes, i was not wearing a helmet that time. thankfully escaped with minor injury.
me too on the bridge of my nose, 5 years ago
no serious injuries except for a mark that still exists...
adit1329 is offline  
Old 4th January 2006, 23:01   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
adya33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,838
Thanked: 91 Times
Unhappy

that is a bad news

what hkanitkar said is true then main fault goes to all three of them racing
that sinhagad road after Rajaram bridge (towards collage) is one bad peice of road

besides as sajo said if he was from Sinhagad collage then he must have been well known with roads, those poles are there since ages
negligence kills
adya33 is offline  
Old 4th January 2006, 23:05   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
adya33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,838
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
Maybe he was going fast. But the poles in the midst (and the wires hanging out from them) could be dangerous for anyone. They were fatal in this case, but could cause injury in others no? But I agree, Vadgaon is the last place one should rip his(her?) vehicle. The sparse traffic and compartively wide roads may appear tempting, but anything can pop up from anywhere.
Do you know the other two guys? Were they Xbhp members too?
did this accident happened at the "shortcut" or the normal road which goes through village?
adya33 is offline  
Old 4th January 2006, 23:05   #12
BHPian
 
ThE_DoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Default

For those who wanna know more about the incidence or post condolences may visit the fol. link of www.xbhp.com - http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/showthread.php?t=5644
ThE_DoN is offline  
Old 4th January 2006, 23:10   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,554
Thanked: 815 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
did this accident happened at the "shortcut" or the normal road which goes through village?
Yes. The accident did happen on the stretch of road popularly known amongst students as "shortcut" . You from our college too?
sajo is online now  
Old 4th January 2006, 23:31   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
black12rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ridin earth now
Posts: 1,259
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

www.xhp.com is shut till jan 6th to pay homage ....
black12rr is offline  
Old 4th January 2006, 23:40   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
adya33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,838
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
Yes. The accident did happen on the stretch of road popularly known amongst students as "shortcut" . You from our college too?
Me from MIT, but have some friends in SIT
adya33 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Dad loses part of his ring finger vennarbank Street Experiences 31 20th April 2009 21:11
Freak accident of Safari Dicor Bullfrog Street Experiences 40 18th July 2008 21:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks