Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 21st May 2009, 20:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500modder View Post
I got this Goldstar silencer from Royal Motors in Delhi for Rs.650. Not sure where it's made. It's a straight-through exhaust - no baffles. It does have perforations on the inner lining to deaden sound and them tell me it's filled with glass wool. I have to admit it's pretty loud but not obscenely so. It sounds very powerful and I think the bike is developing more power with it (although since I'm still running my bike in it's hard to tell exactly.

Attachment 138414

Attachment 138415

You can call Ashish Nayyar at Royal motors at +91-11-42542341 / 41547983, +919891075107. They couriered my silencer to me in mumbai.
this is the kinda of Glodie that i had i had choise of a free flow one that you can see through and the one that had some kinda blockade. i picked up the free flow one it was extreamly loud used to put off the alarm of my land lords car so had to get rid of it. and also the millage came down drasticly but the pickup and the acceleration response was just amazing. used to pull like any thing

------------

You bought it fron royal motors. i think thats where i got it from it was for 600 i think in 2007
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 20:35   #32
BHPian

Hi guys,
Firstly about the Pune-made goldstar by shaqueel is the best sounding and is a of very good quality. There are two types of goldstars: One is for the bullets which were manufactured before 2001/2002, they had a smaller (and had a smaller diameter) bendpipe compared to that of the new ones, both cost the same. Rs1500/- w/o chrome plating and courier. His number is +91 9822994432, Aashu Fabritech Pvt Ltd, Wanowarie, Pune. I got mine for Rs1700/- w/o chrome plating and he had sent it through the Pune-Bombay Taxi Service. I had to collect it from Dadar Taxi stand, which was a pain! But I got it the very next day of ordering it.

The Delhi made goldstar comes for Rs 1300/- with chrome plating and is not inclusive of courier charges, it is made by Sans Inc, the guy's name is Saurab Katar, his number is +91 9999251103. Although I am not sure of the quality, but it seems his work is decent enough and I will be checking it out next week in Delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
GoldStar Silencer-img_0858.jpg  

GoldStar Silencer-img_0857.jpg  

GoldStar Silencer-img_0856.jpg  

Chetanya Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:57   #33
BHPian

Thanks guys will contact them asap!
But no original thing in india?
Team_Godspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

what do you call original is very subjective.
the gold star exaust was never for the Bullets it was with the BSA bike the shape and the stance looks amazing that why one of the bulletiers would have got it done for himself and that is where these all are coming in from. you cannot buy a OEM goldiee.
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Personally, the Pune Goldstar is a much better replica. If you notice the rear of the silencer. I have yet to see the Delhi silencer in person. They look like a Goldstar but somehow I dislike the end.

Last edited by Gordon : 22nd May 2009 at 17:49.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 23:25   #36
BHPian

We should therefore call it goldstar 'TYPE' exhaust
Chetanya Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 16:41   #37

Thumbs up

Mr Goswami ,

Finally I got my Electra silencer changed to Goldstar today (24 June 09 ) , Thanks to ronnie who bunked his office for an hour and helped to get it changed .. It is really worth it go for a goldie , if in case if you have done more than 15 K , If you are looking for a auth dealer in Bangalore , I can guide the land mark .

In Case if you are comming from Jayanagar 4th Block

Ask for Caveri Petrol pump , cross that signal , and head straight towards corporation , after passing thru caveri petrol pump , u need to pass 2 other signals ,

As soon as u pass the second signal in JC road , Look for a SBI ATM on ur right handside which is like 150 ft from the signal , and you can also find a BP Petrol Pump on ur left hand side ,

Once u pass a SBI atm , take the immediate right , and you see a Royal enfield spare showroom and that guy has the short bubble ones and the goldstar fabircated on , he would charge you around 600 RS for the goldstar and 650 for the short bubble i guess ..

You can also get a mechanic who can fix that for you in 10 mins , If you still get confused to find the place you can call me on 98804 35055 ( Kiran : real name )..
thimappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 13:05   #38
BHPian

I had pit a goldie on my 500 and ended up being way too loud. From the same place that thimmappa got his. Switched to the short bottle silencer
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 09:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

For me it was the short silencer which did the trick, the goldie was giving me a headache. Picked it up at the same place as thimappa.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 01:57   #40
BHPian

Hi guys,
I would like to introduce myself to this Bullet fraternity.
My name is Saurabh Katar and we are one of the biggest dealers of Goldstar silencers in India.We operate from New Delhi.Our USP is the Goldstar silencer from the erstwhile BSA Dbd 34 bike.We run under the name of a company Sans Inc. on a social networking site,Orkut.
Our silencer is made up of special conical baffles and the best quality of chrome is used.The retail price is Rs 1250 only.Shipping is extra @Rs 300 to any part of India.
Feel free to contact me @9999251103
or at katar.saurabh@gmail.com.
Regards
Saurabh Katar
Sans Inc.
New Delhi
sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 17:31   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sans View Post
Hi guys,
I would like to introduce myself to this Bullet fraternity.
My name is Saurabh Katar and we are one of the biggest dealers of Goldstar silencers in India.We operate from New Delhi.Our USP is the Goldstar silencer from the erstwhile BSA Dbd 34 bike.We run under the name of a company Sans Inc. on a social networking site,Orkut.
Our silencer is made up of special conical baffles and the best quality of chrome is used.The retail price is Rs 1250 only.Shipping is extra @Rs 300 to any part of India.
Feel free to contact me @9999251103
or at katar.saurabh@gmail.com.
Regards
Saurabh Katar
Sans Inc.
New Delhi

Hi Saurabh. Can you please post pictures of your Goldstar exhaust? Also had a look at your Orkut site. Do you have your own site with images of the actual parts you supply?
500modder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 01:55   #42
BHPian

Hi 500 modder
I have attached a few pics of the Goldstars manufactured by us.
Kindly note that in some parts of India ,this exhaust is often quoted as Megaphone ,However in Delhi and most of the parts of India ppl know it by the name of Goldstar.
sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 13:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Other then looks whats the point of this pipe?
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 14:34   #44
BHPian

[Sorry for being OT.. mods, please forgive..]

@Sans.. hello.. if you are into the manufacture of OE replica silencers, why dont you make OE replicas of Yamaha RD350 silencers? Coz nobody in India or outside makes them and they are in great demand.. im sure you'll get hundreds of customers if you start producing them. why dont you give a try?
aruncheloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 14:44   #45
Senior - BHPian

I just bought a Shakeel Goldie last Saturday and I've been going slower than the stock silencer. The low end torque has gone for a toss.The top end is relatively unchanged. My LB500 feels a lot smoother with the goldie than with the stock bazooka muffler.

This, with a bigger pilot of 20(stock 15) and a bigger 125 main jet(stock 110). This week, I'l plonk in a bigger mainjet and see if it makes any difference. The thump my LB500 makes is magical to say the least. Apart from the overdose of chrome on the Machismo, IMHO the goldy is the cheapest look-at-me contraption desogned for the bullet. But, I am reserving my judgment on the Goldie's performance till I upjet and get rid of the restrictive cat con.

Saurabh,

Welcome to team-bhp.

BTW, the megaphone is different from the Goldstar, isn't it? or am I missing something.

Spitfire,

Relax man. One rotten apple doesn't tilt the entire applecart. Let the thumpers be.
JayPrashanth is offline   Reply With Quote