Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2006, 06:31   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave12r
The karizma(16.8bhp/1.8Kgm) does 100kph at 6250rpm.

Its pretty much possible for fazer to achieve 100kmph at under 4000RPM.

fazer price in INdia will be independent of what it sells for in Brazil due to the different pricing regulations,taxes and duties.

But pulsar will surely undercut fazers price is a 100% gurantee.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 08:27   #32
Newbie
 
hell_on_wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 24
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey the new pulsar looks saaad compared to the fazer....It just doesn't stand a chance
Perhaps Bajaj should have increased the chassis length so as to make the bike look a bit more sporty....
People here will definitely opt for a fazer & if at all it seems to loose out on performance to the pulsar then they will opt for a few mods here & there but finally it is gonna be the fazer ruling the indian roads....
hell_on_wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 16:27   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
vivekiny2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: cincinnati, jabalpur,chennai
Posts: 1,241
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_on_wheels
Perhaps Bajaj should have increased the chassis length so as to make the bike look a bit more sporty....
wheelies will be out of question if they do that....and lots of people like that indecent jolt. bigger wheelbase gives a big bike feeling. but at the expense of sportyness.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2006, 01:21   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
veyron1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen
I dont think that a 22 bhp bike would do 100 kmph @4000 rpm
my point exactly; which is why i asked y'all to check out that pic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave12r
The karizma(16.8bhp/1.8Kgm) does 100kph at 6250rpm.
er-how did you arrive at the 6250 r.p.m figure? what sort of gearing calcs. did you use..?? i'm sorry if i sound confused, but i could never check the tacho of my zma to the 'n'th r.p.m @100 kmph...
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2006, 06:49   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Its not necessary for th bike to be not able to do 100kmph@4000RPM. even a splendour can do 1000kmph@4000rpm if the characteristics of the bike are changed. A lot of other factors affect the max speed achieved at a certain RPM. The tyres, sprocket, engine specifications, kind of valves used and a lot other factors.

the same reason why a cbz and pulsar have different RPM's at 100kmph.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 20th January 2006 at 06:53.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2006, 12:57   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
my point exactly; which is why i asked y'all to check out that pic...



er-how did you arrive at the 6250 r.p.m figure? what sort of gearing calcs. did you use..?? i'm sorry if i sound confused, but i could never check the tacho of my zma to the 'n'th r.p.m @100 kmph...
Such a doubt was not expected from you veyron.

Check the tacho in the pic.



Check the least count of the tacho. It's 250rpm. I was doing a 100 when the tacho read 6250rpm.
powerslave12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2006, 13:19   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: Once
Default

And anyways, whether or not the bike can do 100kph at 4k rpm is a comment to be reserved till the torque figures are realised.
powerslave12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2006, 18:51   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
veyron1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Its not necessary for th bike to be not able to do 100kmph@4000RPM. even a splendour can do 1000kmph@4000rpm if the characteristics of the bike are changed. A lot of other factors affect the max speed achieved at a certain RPM. The tyres, sprocket, engine specifications, kind of valves used and a lot other factors.

the same reason why a cbz and pulsar have different RPM's at 100kmph.
er- i'm GUESSING the splendor doing 1000 kmph is a typo. moreover, i don't suppose you got my point. any bike's speed and r.p.m's at that speed is directly proportional to the torque, and gearing- that's a given;what I WAS SAYING WAS, the fazer's console shows 100 kmph @ 4000 r.p.m; given that the fazer 250 produces max torque at 6500 r.p.m and max power at 7500, the bike SHOULD be capable of doing 140 kmph+, which SEEMS UNLIKELY...

@powerslave12r: maybe you misunderstood me too; the tachos and speedos have a "slight" error quotient, and i thought you used some sort of calculations to arrive at the 6250 figure. i never trust the tacho or speedo figures to the 'n' th count, which is why i raised my doubt...
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2006, 22:57   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: Once
Default

Cmon buddy, since when have we started to count the REAL speed so much anyways? This 100kph is on the speedo and so is the 6250rpm. Their errors differ and so do the real figures. But this point was raised by the pic of the bike doing 100kph at 4k rpm and so was the consequent zma figures.
powerslave12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2006, 03:15   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
er- i'm GUESSING the splendor doing 1000 kmph is a typo. moreover, i don't suppose you got my point. any bike's speed and r.p.m's at that speed is directly proportional to the torque, and gearing- that's a given;what I WAS SAYING WAS, the fazer's console shows 100 kmph @ 4000 r.p.m; given that the fazer 250 produces max torque at 6500 r.p.m and max power at 7500, the bike SHOULD be capable of doing 140 kmph+, which SEEMS UNLIKELY...

@powerslave12r: maybe you misunderstood me too; the tachos and speedos have a "slight" error quotient, and i thought you used some sort of calculations to arrive at the 6250 figure. i never trust the tacho or speedo figures to the 'n' th count, which is why i raised my doubt...

certanly the 1000kmph is a typo.

I assume that while the bike is capable of doing speeds above 140 yamaha will limit the speeds and so will bajaj for its dtsi-fi 250cc pulsar.

Its still too early to tell what the bikes are capable of as the final versions are not out yet. many modifications will be in effect with respect to the competition, costs, limitations and market scenario.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2006, 22:48   #41
BHPian
 
ArmourOfGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 150
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1
According to wat i heard, the Fazer250 with fuel injection tech would be priced around 70-80k.
Well if Yamaha plans to put such a rate then I think the Bajaj guys will have to re plan everything then and do some serious cost cutting!
ArmourOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yamaha Fazer 250" and the Honda CBX 250 Twister devil_in_flesh Motorbikes 19 13th November 2013 14:25
I'm Fazer(ed). My Yamaha Fazer & some modifications hillram Motorbikes 87 31st August 2013 13:55
Should I buy a used Ninja 250 or new CBR 250? Edit - Bought a used Ninja 250 RacerByHeart Motorbikes 45 17th September 2011 10:51
Kawasaki Ninja or Honda CBR 250 R or Suzuki GW 250??? ierocks Motorbikes 10 25th March 2011 12:08
APZoom says Check this Out :) - New 250 cc Sportsbike in India Comet GT 250 APZoom Motorbikes 12 21st November 2008 14:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks