Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 31st May 2011, 00:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
No it will not.
Though its nice to let the engine idle for 1-2 mins before starting off.
It wont hurt the engine,not in this hot weather at least.
So when are you riding out to the Himalayas?
and yeah Congrats
Thanks Akshay. I'm really being careful with this machine because it's not one of those regular bikes that you can use roughly ( no offense to other bike owners ) and has to be maintained very carefully. I've started loving this machine more than i love my 4 wheelers however unfortunately not getting time to ride it due to weather conditions.

My original plan was to get LeH'ed in July however my brothers marriage is scheduled in that month so a part of my leaves would be consumed in July , the only next option is to do it in September otherwise next year :(.

Currently my focus is to crunch some miles and take it to the 3 K mark so that i can ride it freely and maybe head out of Delhi after that.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 07:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

I read and heard about certain kinds of leg guards causing problems ( read hurting legs ) during a fall or a crash.

Mine is a strong one ( atleast as said by the khajanchee guy in KB ) however can someone suggest if my Bulls leg guard is an apt one or is there a need to change it cos i don't want to risk it.

Here is a frontal view of the same - sorry for the quality of the picture as its taken from my BB
Attached Thumbnails
Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )-img00982201104190707.jpg  

Old 1st June 2011, 08:48   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post

Happy to share with everyone that i booked the RE TBTS yesterday and expecting to get the delivery on 7th April.
Congrats and welcome to the TB/RE club; although the delivery availability of < 1 week will bring tears to the buyers in the southern regions- where RE makes them wait for atleast 6 months!

I own a TB myself, delivered on Feb 24. I am not a biker, but I have come to deeply respect this machine.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 14:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I read and heard about certain kinds of leg guards causing problems ( read hurting legs ) during a fall or a crash.

Mine is a strong one ( atleast as said by the khajanchee guy in KB ) however can someone suggest if my Bulls leg guard is an apt one or is there a need to change it cos i don't want to risk it.

Here is a frontal view of the same - sorry for the quality of the picture as its taken from my BB
Let me congratulate you on the sooper decision to buy this muted beast.
I have been with this bike since sept 2009 and not once regretted the decision of buying it.
The delivery period is really surprising, as I have been hearing horror stories from down south
Congratulations and yes this leg guard is quite nice, this kind of guard was very popular with the standards,
ride safe and hold the mentioned speeds till 3k kms
after that you will experience that all that harshness and vibrations have disappeared and the bike would ride as smooth as makkhan
cheers!!
schitre05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 15:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would it affect the engine if i don't let it idle when i start it for the first time on a particular day?
Well it won’t affect the engine much but it is highly recommended to warm up the engine as wear and tear is more during cold engine. It is not necessary to warm up the engine for one or two minute, just 30-40 seconds are enough. Make sure you don't ever revv a cold engine.

Last edited by bluevolt : 1st June 2011 at 15:03.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 18:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations Harish on your new ride.

This crash guard is something that many avoid putting on the bike, as in case of a crash there are chances of your leg (ankle) getting stuck in the guard and you being dragged along with the bike.

You can try sourcing one in the pic below (cost - 375-450/- approximately), its called Diamond or Butterfly guard (not sure about the name).

This one will look good as well as serve the purpose too.

All the best with your thumping and keep us posted with your travelogues. Ride Safe.
Attached Thumbnails
Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )-crash-1.jpg  

Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )-crash-2.jpg  

mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Congratulations Harish on your new ride.

This crash guard is something that many avoid putting on the bike, as in case of a crash there are chances of your leg (ankle) getting stuck in the guard and you being dragged along with the bike.

You can try sourcing one in the pic below (cost - 375-450/- approximately), its called Diamond or Butterfly guard (not sure about the name).

This one will look good as well as serve the purpose too.

All the best with your thumping and keep us posted with your travelogues. Ride Safe.
Thanks MantriG. Yes it's called the butterfly guard and initially i wanted the same and even bought it to get it installed however they could not fix it as it was touching the silence pipe and could not be bolted. That is when i had to go for this standard one as i was out of choice on the butterfly , but honestly i did not try any other design.
Old 3rd June 2011, 04:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Here are few interesting pictures of Birdie that i took at various occasions while crunching Miles to cover the first 500 Kms.

The Famous Hanuman Ji ki Murti Near Karol Bagh ( Can be spotted in almost every movie shot in Delhi )
Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )-img00010201104220804.jpg

The famous Birla Temple
Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )-img00012201104230708.jpg
BUILT LIKE A TANK

Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )-img00024201104241339.jpg
@ India Gate

Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )-img00058201104270737.jpg

The Epic monument in my Mirror
Name:  IMG00061201104270746.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  38.6 KB

IBR Ride ( About 50 Bullets )
Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )-img00216201105150603.jpg
Tried my hand at OFF-Roading
Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )-img00281201105240718.jpg
Old 3rd June 2011, 19:49   #24
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase , you will definitely cherish your decision if you intend to do lots of touring . I find TBTS sadle to be comfortable compared to other RE models .Run-in your bull properly and handle with kid glove till 5-6k kms , Mine has completed 15k kms since sep'09 and till date running like charm . Only change being i have changed to electra silencer to increase the thump after 15k. Offlate my bull is being rested since i have shifted to a bigger and powerful bull a.k.a my scorpio.
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 19:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...here is how much i love the number 7 and how luck favored me.
  • Booking slip number - 007
  • Day of Purchase - 7th May
  • Meter reading at delivery time- 7 Kms
  • Registration number - 0077
  • First tank fill - Rs 770
Congrats, first time I find someone very similar to my addiction to this number and I would have loved to get all those figures the same way if I were in your place. Happy riding !!

Were we twins in the previous life ?
I was born on 7th, married someone born on the 17th of the 7th month and I have 7 throughout my life on everything !

Last edited by shajufx : 3rd June 2011 at 19:58.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 20:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Congrats on your purchase , you will definitely cherish your decision if you intend to do lots of touring . I find TBTS sadle to be comfortable compared to other RE models .Run-in your bull properly and handle with kid glove till 5-6k kms , Mine has completed 15k kms since sep'09 and till date running like charm . Only change being i have changed to electra silencer to increase the thump after 15k. Offlate my bull is being rested since i have shifted to a bigger and powerful bull a.k.a my scorpio.
Thanks Bro. I echo your thought about the seating comfort which was one of the reasons for me to go for TBTS.

One question though - What do you mean by "handle with kid glove till 5-6k kms " - Do you mean handle with care/maintain the specified speeds?

Congrats on your Bigger bull!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Congrats, first time I find someone very similar to my addiction to this number and I would have loved to get all those figures the same way if I were in your place. Happy riding !!

Were we twins in the previous life ?
I was born on 7th, married someone born on the 17th of the 7th month and I have 7 throughout my life on everything !
Haha , nice to meet you here. In fact you'll be surprised to know that my DOB is 7778 - Just missed it by a year otherwise it would have been all 7's
Old 3rd June 2011, 20:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Haha , nice to meet you here. In fact you'll be surprised to know that my DOB is 7778 - Just missed it by a year otherwise it would have been all 7's
Oh that was a close miss !! Anyway I managed to squeeze 6 sevens in my mobile number

PM me in case you need any end user help on your new ride. I have plenty of friends who are bullet addicts and users for many years. Hope you know Bangalore has a huge fan club and weekend rider club.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 20:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Oh that was a close miss !! Anyway I managed to squeeze 6 sevens in my mobile number

PM me in case you need any end user help on your new ride. I have plenty of friends who are bullet addicts and users for many years. Hope you know Bangalore has a huge fan club and weekend rider club.
WOW..Thats gr8 ( your Mob No. )

I'm also a part of a Bullet lovers club called india bull riders and go there for weekly meets whenever possible. I'lll definitely reach out to you in case if i need any assistance.

India Bull Riders
Old 4th June 2011, 04:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

I reached home today and got the shock of my life. The left indicator of my bike was broken and hanging , How happy would you be to see a month old bike damaged.

I checked if the bike had a fall or was it done by a miscreant and luckily found out that atleast the bike did not fall. Also upon checking the indicator was working..lucky me

I'm posting few pictures of the same and would request the team here to suggest remedies for the same as it's really hurting me.

This is how it was when i first saw it and my anger had no limits
Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )-img00344201106030551.jpg

Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )-img00345201106030552.jpg

A closer view..looks like it got entangled in someones bag and the person decided to move on resulting in this

Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )-img00348201106030554.jpg

Can this be fixed by me ? or should i go for new one?
Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )-img00349201106031847.jpg
Upon pushing it against the rubber it got fixed and stayed there which makes me think that i should probably use feviquick and try out if it's reliable. The only other option is to get it replaced but then i would have to go to the showroom spend time etc to get it fixed. I'm still confused
Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )-img00347201106030554.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Booked the Royal Beast - TBTS ( Ownership report )-img00346201106030552.jpg  

Old 4th June 2011, 17:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

The showroom from where i bought the bike is closed today so i'm planning to fix this with fevikwik. Hoping that my decision is correct unless someone advices otherwise.