Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 13th June 2013, 00:11   #136
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
There is a kind of khat-khat noise after 5k RPM from the engine.
I had taken it to the service center and they said there was little noise from the taped after the bike gets hot. They supposedly adjusted it. But its still there.
Please advice.
Sounds like tappets are loose. SVC rarely do all that. I had asked them to do the same thing for my bike but they did nothing. Had to shoot a mail to Hero to get them to respond properly.

It's quite a simple job actually, you can try doing it yourself if you are confident enough and you have the necessary tools.
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 14:07   #137
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your replies.

What I feel all of a sudden is loss in response to the throttle and then the engine dies.

This has made overtaking worse since I am always unsure whether she will stall or complete the run.

I gave it to the Hero guys from whom I purchased it and they are saying that they are not able to spot the issue let alone resolve it.

I asked them to check whatever parts you guys advised and he said he will work on it.

Today is the third day and still no resolution. I might not have patience after a couple of more days and then will take it up directly with Hero.

Any suggestions?

My Bike is 110 days old!!
snowmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 16:27   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post

Any suggestions?

My Bike is 110 days old!!
If this SVC doesn't solve your problem then contact Hero and try some other SVC.

You can shoot an email to the company regarding your problem now .
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 16:35   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Then water must be entering some electricals like near spark plug etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is it something to with any kind of air lock happening through the fuel tank? How does the engine feel? Is like short of fuel supply?

Do you find water inside the seat once it starts raining? May be water is seeping in lightly through air filter box. Check the CDI and the wiring once which sits on the right side of the rear cowl.

Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
If this SVC doesn't solve your problem then contact Hero and try some other SVC.

You can shoot an email to the company regarding your problem now .
When I called him yesterday he said someone from Hero was visiting and will try to resolve this issue, more than 24 hours have passed and no response yet.

It starts becoming irritating towards the end when some merchandise which is so costly does not work properly.
Old 14th June 2013, 17:05   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When I called him yesterday he said someone from Hero was visiting and will try to resolve this issue, more than 24 hours have passed and no response yet.
Buddy,

Asked a few friends of mine regarding this issue of your bike. They are saying it will be moisture in the electrical system like the connectors, wiring and may be the CDI too as I had pointed earlier.

Get a second opinion from another dealer or a local mechanic whom you go regular to.

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 17:09   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Buddy,

Asked a few friends of mine regarding this issue of your bike. They are saying it will be moisture in the electrical system like the connectors, wiring and may be the CDI too as I had pointed earlier.

Get a second opinion from another dealer or a local mechanic whom you go regular to.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Thanks for the help.

I will check this and speak with the servicing guy too.

What I find ironic is that why are they taking more than three days to resolve something.
Old 14th June 2013, 18:32   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What I find ironic is that why are they taking more than three days to resolve something.
Till what level in the Hero hierarchy has this issue been escalated? If it is in the service centre level then forget about the issue getting solved as they have enough customers to attend to. This is their attitude. I have stopped visiting the service centre for anything except insurance renewal. I buy the parts over the counter and get them fit on the bike through my mechanic whom I trust better.

Get this issue escalated to the higher ups (Gurgaon level) and see the issue is attended within a day.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 14th June 2013, 18:37   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Till what level in the Hero hierarchy has this issue been escalated? If it is in the service centre level then forget about the issue getting solved as they have enough customers to attend to. This is their attitude. I have stopped visiting the service centre for anything except insurance renewal. I buy the parts over the counter and get them fit on the bike through my mechanic whom I trust better.

Get this issue escalated to the higher ups (Gurgaon level) and see the issue is attended within a day.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Have you got the contact details for someone who will actually try to help me out?

If, yes please send it over via PM and I will initiate contact.

I am going to visit the SVC tomorrow to see if they are actually doing something or just taking her out for joy rides.

Thanks!!
Old 14th June 2013, 18:47   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have you got the contact details for someone who will actually try to help me out?

If, yes please send it over via PM and I will initiate contact.

I am going to visit the SVC tomorrow to see if they are actually doing something or just taking her out for joy rides.

Thanks!!
No contacts buddy

Try their website complaints page.

http://www.heromotocorp.com/en-in/reachus/queryform

I got prompt reply for my bike issue that I faced and got special attention and high level follow up till the issue was resolved.

Go to the SVC without informing them else they will be acting up. If go without intimation then you will know in what state is the vehicle.

Note: Do you remember the ODO reading before handing over the bike?

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 14th June 2013, 18:53   #145
BHPian

Quote:
No contacts buddy

Try their website complaints page.

http://www.heromotocorp.com/en-in/reachus/queryform

I got prompt reply for my bike issue that I faced and got special attention and high level follow up till the issue was resolved.

Go to the SVC without informing them else they will be acting up. If go without intimation then you will know in what state is the vehicle.

Note: Do you remember the ODO reading before handing over the bike?

Cheers,
Anurag.

My ODO was approximately 2500 before I gave it to them and the tank was filled with petrol worth 800 Rupees.
Old 14th June 2013, 18:56   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My ODO was approximately 2500 before I gave it to them and the tank was filled with petrol worth 800 Rupees.
When you go tomorrow just check the ODO reading once and you'll get a hang of it.

I have seen many guys here use the bikes that come in for service after 18:00 hrs and who get the bike delivered the next day evening, the mechanics use the vehicle to go home and back, Specially Karizma's and Xtreme's.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 14th June 2013, 19:16   #147
BHPian

Quote:
When you go tomorrow just check the ODO reading once and you'll get a hang of it.

I have seen many guys here use the bikes that come in for service after 18:00 hrs and who get the bike delivered the next day evening, the mechanics use the vehicle to go home and back, Specially Karizma's and Xtreme's.

Cheers,
Anurag.
I might not be able to do that since I told this guy that he can ride it when it rains to actually reproduce the issue.

Anyway, I am going to check tomorrow and if I am not satisfied with what they have done till now, I am going to have to escalate it to someone in Hero.

Thanks!!
Old 14th June 2013, 19:21   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I might not be able to do that since I told this guy that he can ride it when it rains to actually reproduce the issue.

Anyway, I am going to check tomorrow and if I am not satisfied with what they have done till now, I am going to have to escalate it to someone in Hero.

Thanks!!
Oh! If that is the case then look at the bike for any mishandling or sorts.

Give special attention to electrical connection/connectors. Keep us posted. I am glued to this thread and the problem.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 14th June 2013, 19:22   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Oh! If that is the case then look at the bike for any mishandling or sorts.

Give special attention to electrical connection/connectors. Keep us posted. I am glued to this thread and the problem.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Sure Thing, Thanks for your time!!
Old 14th June 2013, 19:31   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sure Thing, Thanks for your time!!
Any time buddy!

It is a very sad state to see no customer support and no care from the service centre guys who were once in No.1 position. No wonder the customer base is shifting to Honda and Bajaj.

They must learn something and focus more on After sales.

Tomorrow go that dealer's manager/head and ask how to escalate a complaint to their higher ups and fill it in presence of him.

Cheers,
Anurag.