Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 14th June 2013, 19:35   #151
BHPian

Default Re: Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Any time buddy!

It is a very sad state to see no customer support and no care from the service centre guys who were once in No.1 position. No wonder the customer base is shifting to Honda and Bajaj.

They must learn something and focus more on After sales.

Tomorrow go that dealer's manager/head and ask how to escalate a complaint to their higher ups and fill it in presence of him.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Yes, that is true, if these guys do not get their act together we will have another Kinetic on the way, though Hero might need some more time to die since it has a market share foothold.
snowmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 00:44   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
My Karizma stops when it starts to rain, now this sounds amusing but is really irritating when you are driving in the rains and the engine just goes kaput.
Most likely water seeping into wires. First thing, try keeping the ignition key hole covered with plastic before it rains, and see if the problem persists. I think it unlikely that water is seeping into the carb or filter though. Second likely point of failure is spark plug, check if there's water near the plug cap, a loose cap could let water in , affecting the spark strength.

There's a bunch of wires under the fairing that aren't neatly routed. Have those checked too.
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 12:29   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Most likely water seeping into wires. First thing, try keeping the ignition key hole covered with plastic before it rains, and see if the problem persists. I think it unlikely that water is seeping into the carb or filter though. Second likely point of failure is spark plug, check if there's water near the plug cap, a loose cap could let water in , affecting the spark strength.

There's a bunch of wires under the fairing that aren't neatly routed. Have those checked too.
Just came back home from the SVC, so according to the mechs there is a pipe near the main stand which sucks in air and supposedly the one on my bike is a bit too long which they say might cause water to get sucked in and probably cause the engine stall.

He gave me a demo by washing the vehicle and then running it and it did not stall today.

Then he said he would like to keep it for one more day to double check the wiring and deliver it by Monday morning/evening.

I hope that is the actual reason because I have lost almost one week going to and fro to the showroom.

Thanks!!
Old 15th June 2013, 15:04   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just came back home from the SVC, so according to the mechs there is a pipe near the main stand which sucks in air and supposedly the one on my bike is a bit too long which they say might cause water to get sucked in and probably cause the engine stall.
Great. At least you are narrowing down on the issue.

There are two pipes bundled in. One is a crankcase breather tube and the other
one is battery breather tube. The crankcase pipe could be sucking in water on the go or the connection on the engine is loose whuch could be letting water in.

Even if water is sucked in it should not stall as it in the crankcase area and not combustion chamber. Did you check the engine oil? Drain all the oil in a bottle and see if water is found. If it is thwn the crankcase breather tube is sucking in water.

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 17:23   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Great. At least you are narrowing down on the issue.

There are two pipes bundled in. One is a crankcase breather tube and the other
one is battery breather tube. The crankcase pipe could be sucking in water on the go or the connection on the engine is loose whuch could be letting water in.

Even if water is sucked in it should not stall as it in the crankcase area and not combustion chamber. Did you check the engine oil? Drain all the oil in a bottle and see if water is found. If it is thwn the crankcase breather tube is sucking in water.

Cheers,
Anurag.
When I had given it up for servicing along with this problem these guys did drain the oil(or I hope so since they charged me for it) so that case can be ruled out and I did feel the difference in gear shifts and engine response after that so I am sure that they did clean it.

They have now cut the breather tube a bit since it was too low, I will be getting it back on Monday till when he wants to make sure there is no wiring issue.

Does this happen often to many Karizmas or other bikes too?
Old 15th June 2013, 17:45   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When I had given it up for servicing along with this problem these guys did drain the oil(or I hope so since they charged me for it) so that case can be ruled out and I did feel the difference in gear shifts and engine response after that so I am sure that they did clean it.

They have now cut the breather tube a bit since it was too low, I will be getting it back on Monday till when he wants to make sure there is no wiring issue.

Does this happen often to many Karizma's or other bikes too?
This is the first time I am hearing this sort of an issue and moreover I never got a doubt on the crankcase breather tube. I still have my doubt as to how it could suck in water (Could it be because of the pressure differential?!)!

If the mechanic is sure that it is the tube then OK. you could have taken a picture before the pipe was cut. It would have given us an indication to check on our bikes, take a picture now post the cutting.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 15th June 2013, 18:10   #157
BHPian

Quote:
This is the first time I am hearing this sort of an issue and moreover I never got a doubt on the crankcase breather tube. I still have my doubt as to how it could suck in water (Could it be because of the pressure differential?!)!

If the mechanic is sure that it is the tube then OK. you could have taken a picture before the pipe was cut. It would have given us an indication to check on our bikes, take a picture now post the cutting.

Cheers,
Anurag.

What he said is that even if it sucks in a very small amount of water, the engine will stall for some time and then work fine once it gets evaporated. And that is why according to him, I was not facing any issues when it was not raining.

Frankly, I did not see a noticeable difference in the length of that pipe when I saw it in the morning, but when he gave me a demo after power washing it, the bike did not stall so I think he must have done it, and I am inclined towards believing him because it is now almost a week.

I will post the image once I get it on Monday.

Thanks!!
Old 15th June 2013, 23:44   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

What he said is that even if it sucks in a very small amount of water, the engine will stall for some time and then work fine once it gets evaporated. And that is why according to him, I was not facing any issues when it was not raining.

Frankly, I did not see a noticeable difference in the length of that pipe when I saw it in the morning, but when he gave me a demo after power washing it, the bike did not stall so I think he must have done it, and I am inclined towards believing him because it is now almost a week.

I will post the image once I get it on Monday.

Thanks!!
Congrats buddy,

Good. Finally the problem is solved. How much were you charged for the whole thing? Didn you talk to the higher ups for the delay ib addressing your issue?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 12:40   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats buddy,

Good. Finally the problem is solved. How much were you charged for the whole thing? Didn you talk to the higher ups for the delay ib addressing your issue?

Anurag.
It remains to be seen if the problem is solved because he decided to still keep it to check if there was any issue in the wiring and other electronic controls.

What I did on Saturday is that I went to the SVC owner after meeting the mechanic. He then came to the workshop and checked up on the bike.

However I am not totally convinced that the breather tube was the issue since I have seen many xtremes and Karizma's with really low hung tubes and they never face such issues.

Also, one more good thing to note is that though the speedometer does not read more(though this they can achieve by disabling the speedometer), the level of fuel is almost same.

I am going to take it back today evening or tomorrow morning depending on when I make time post work.

However I would come to know immediately if he has solved it since it is raining heavily since the past couple of days in Pune.
Old 18th June 2013, 11:33   #160
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
Anurag.
Took the delivery today and she runs like a charm once again.

They did not charge me for this repair work and I think they also tweaked some other things because it is more responsive now and gear downshifting has become smoother, earlier it used to be hard when I did multiple downshifts.

The guy who made my job card for the bike wrote "Saab ki bike baarish mein band padti hain", they now call me that guy whose bike stalls when it rains.

Anyway, Thanks for your interest through this weird Karizma problem.
snowmane is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 13:15   #161
BHPian

Changed my rear tyre to Pirelli Sports Demon 110/90 R18. The height of the bike seems to have increased a bit and looks good. Pick up has also increased a bit since the effective diameter is more than the original ones.

However I still have that noise from the engine and its just 2800 kms old . I am even contemplating selling off the bike if I get a good price because of that. The service center is of no use and they say it is fine. Its comes in earlier when I have a pillion at around 5-5.5k and above 6k when riding single. It maybe resonance due to the vibrations from the engine. Not sure. Otherwise if it had something to do with the engine then it should happen at the same RPM irrespective of the weight on board.

Sugata
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 18:25   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Pick up has also increased a bit since the effective diameter is more than the original ones.

Sugata
Bro,

Congrats for the shoe change!

My doubt is won't pick up decrease on having a fatter tyre?

Anurag
Old 11th September 2013, 18:47   #163
BHPian

Bought a 2012 June 4k run Karizma today.Traded in my 2010 pulsar 220f as i found of late my arms used to ache on long trips.Similarily my wife used to feel very uncomfortable.The zma is undoubtedly a very comfortable tourer.A bit underpowered than the 220 but comfortable for married guys like me
Got the folllowing jobs done as soon as i got the bike-
1-Changed the oil to 20w40 elf
2-changed the accelerator cable.
3-adjusted the clutch.
4-removed the saree guard
5-Lubed and tightened the drive chain

Pending tasks-
1-Remove the engine fairing and install a leg guard.
2-Install a good twin tone horns
3-Upgrade the battery to a 9Ah one.
4-Upgrade to 55/60 bulb
5-Install a driving lamp (Hella) on the leg guard with an HID.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 11th September 2013 at 18:52.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 23:36   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Bought a 2012 June 4k run Karizma today.

Got the following jobs done as soon as i got the bike-
Congrats for the Karizma. It is a best sports bike in the market without a fuss.

Have you checked the condition of the tyres as it is an year old with hardly any mileage. Have you changed the engine oil filter also while you changed the engine oil?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 09:29   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats for the Karizma. It is a best sports bike in the market without a fuss.

Have you checked the condition of the tyres as it is an year old with hardly any mileage. Have you changed the engine oil filter also while you changed the engine oil?

Anurag.
Thanks for the wishes Anurag.The tyres are in good condition.Nope i haven't changed the filter.Will be doing once i give the bike for servicing.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote