Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 30th March 2015, 11:53   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Bumping the thread!!

I am planning to buy a used Karizma, preferably something after 2011 or 2012. Can anyone share any info on such a bike in Pune if possible?

Also any pointers towards what things to look for before choosing one? Also does anyone know a good independent mechanic in Pune who does a good job on karizmas?

Thanks.
I would recommend Amjad of Bike gurus.His shop is located in Model colony.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 12:05   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I would recommend Amjad of Bike gurus.His shop is located in Model colony.
Thanks. Rakesh. I've heard quite a few good reviews of the place.

Can you help me my other doubts? Just edited the post so you might not have seen it.

When did Karizma shift to FI? Which is preferable, carb or FI?

Thanks.

Last edited by thumpingheart : 30th March 2015 at 12:06.
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 12:20   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Rakesh. I've heard quite a few good reviews of the place.

Can you help me my other doubts? Just edited the post so you might not have seen it.

When did Karizma shift to FI? Which is preferable, carb or FI?

Thanks.
I had a 2012 Karizma R,absolute gem of a bike but sold it to buy an Enfield.
Regarding Fi Vs Carb the Fi version is called as the ZMR.It is nevertheless refined but the delicate plastic cowls and the fairing will give you a headache plus the bike was heavy and had almost the same specs as that of the carbed . The normal Karizma was known as Karizma R. I would suggest go for the R which would give you complete peace of mind.
Regarding the availability,you can contact either Amjad or scout around in the internet.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 12:27   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I had a 2012 Karizma R,absolute gem of a bike but sold it to buy an Enfield.
Regarding Fi Vs Carb the Fi version is called as the ZMR.It is nevertheless refined but the delicate plastic cowls and the fairing will give you a headache plus the bike was heavy and had almost the same specs as that of the carbed . The normal Karizma was known as Karizma R. I would suggest go for the R which would give you complete peace of mind.
Regarding the availability,you can contact either Amjad or scout around in the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
A friend wants to sell his 2012 Karizma R (White). If you want his number please PM me.
Thanks guys. Very quick responses.

I definitely didn't want the FI, was interested in the R only. But I thought even the R shifted to FI. I am anyways going to remove all fairings etc after buying the bike. Naked adventure tourer!
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 13:24   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Also does anyone know a good independent mechanic in Pune who does a good job on karizmas?
Shirish Joshi behind City Pride Kothrud is a gem of a mechanic. Very genuine and not interested in changing parts. Labour cost is also very reasonable.
amit_purohit20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 11:20   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
Shirish Joshi behind City Pride Kothrud is a gem of a mechanic. Very genuine and not interested in changing parts. Labour cost is also very reasonable.
Can you help with his exact location near City Pride Kothrud. Or atleast the name of his garage.
KaandBaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 14:17   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Can you help with his exact location near City Pride Kothrud. Or atleast the name of his garage.
I think he is referring to Mobike Service. I have heard good things about him though I don't have any first hand experience of his services.

I personally get all my two-wheelers serviced from Mr. Manoj (garage name 'Manny's Auto' located beside this eatery). He is very knowledgeable and good natured person. I've been getting two-wheelers serviced from him since last 15+ years.

HTH
RishikeshK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 18:22   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Shirish Joshi, Behind City Pride Theatre, Girija Shankar Society Kothrud.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...c25edc38b9aad7

You can check the above link for details.

If you are coming from Deccan one has to take a left from Karve road and then right for City Pride. Instead of this right for City pride continue straight and follow the road, the road will pass over a small bridge and take a slight right turn. Just after the turn is Girija Shankar Society.
You will come to know his place as he has nearly 20-25 vehicles for service minimum daily and most are his loyal customers.

He was suggested to me by our beloved Dilip Bam - Autojournalist and I found him so true for all the praise he had for this guy.

Call this guy before you go, arrive early at his place and make him jot down in his diary all the problems you face with the bike. He ensures that all the problems are sorted out whatever you had mentioned.

He is the only guy in Pune whom I will trust to leave my vehicle blindly for a service.

His mobile no. 9325132236. I hope its the same because its more than 2-3 years I have not been to his place as its very far away from my house.

(PS: I am nowhere related to this guy and just trying to help.)
amit_purohit20 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 14:19   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
While...Snip... services)

Hi there,

Looks like we have another BHPian from Rohini(that too near sector 9 ) equally disgruntled with the 'services' of Metro Motors. . I was a regular there from 2007-2009 when finally I got fed up of their service practices(adding the rubbish oil additive after every service and general apathy towards customers). You know, they have now even stopped selling spare parts over the counter. I have sent many emails however to no avail.

I would like to know the location you now send the bike for service. Or do you service the Motorcycle yourself?

thanks
Manoj2268 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2015, 11:36   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
Hi there,

Looks like we have another BHPian from Rohini(that too near sector 9 ) equally disgruntled with the 'services' of Metro Motors. . I was a regular there from 2007-2009 when finally I got fed up of their service practices(adding the rubbish oil additive after every service and general apathy towards customers). You know, they have now even stopped selling spare parts over the counter. I have sent many emails however to no avail.

I would like to know the location you now send the bike for service. Or do you service the Motorcycle yourself?

thanks
I haven't got my bike service after that. But I know a place in Pitampura car market repair market, near hotel city park and narsingh seva sadan. Azad autocare is the name of the shop. It is good and you can give it a try.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2015, 16:00   #251

I own a Karizma R as well, 2010 model with about 22K odd miles on the board. The factors that made me chose this bike were the, looks, stability, 225 CC engine and ofcourse Hero honda reliability. I had previosly owned the HH CBZ, which was a awesome machine to ride those days. Looks, performance, firing were one of the best

Just drove my Karizma from Pune to Nasik (200kms one way) over the weekend. Although the bike's performance is top-notch, on longer journeys the seating position can be cumbersome and result in fatique. Handling, cornering, stability is always good on the Karizma and loved my early morning rides. Attaching few pics of my bike,
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-img_20150425_175628226.jpg  

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-img_20150425_175638031.jpg  

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-img_20150425_175723465.jpg  

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-img_20150425_184640630.jpg  

Aditya_P is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 13:50   #252
Senior - BHPian

Check this pic. This is the condition of my bike's lock console. The lock moves around the console and looks like it is broken or its mounts have gone for a toss.

The bike can be locked with this but the lock moves around and i have to carefully lock/unlock my bike so that the console doesn't push inside completely.

If new lock is to be replaced, then do i have to get it from authorised hero a.s.c or from any bike repair shop. or this thing can be repaired?

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-imag6521.jpg
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 14:39   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If new lock is to be replaced, then do i have to get it from authorized hero a.s.c or from any bike repair shop. or this thing can be repaired?
I advise you to buy a new of lock from Hero stockist and get them changed at an FNG if you know any reliable person.

Labour rates and quality of work has gone down badly. I had given them for service once they scratched the front visor and said it was there since receiving so after some noise got a replacement.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 16:58   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

I advise you to buy a new of lock from Hero stockist and get them changed at an FNG if you know any reliable person.
If I understand correctly, the lock seems to be fine. It's the plastic stay that's damaged.

Quote:
Check this pic. This is the condition of my bike's lock console. The lock moves around the console and looks like it is broken or its mounts have gone for a toss.

If new lock is to be replaced, then do i have to get it from authorised hero a.s.c or from any bike repair shop. or this thing can be repaired?

I would advice you to try some jugaad to keep the 'lock' in position, maybe by securing it using clamps. If that doesn't work, the plastic piece should be available separately from svc. Try sourcing that.

If in case I did misunderstand the post, and it is indeed the lock that's damaged, do keep in mind that the lock is available as a set at the SVC; meaning all the locks on the bike have to be changed. Afaik, the ignition lock isn't sold separately.

Last edited by schakravarthy : 20th June 2015 at 17:01.
schakravarthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 17:06   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
If I understand correctly, the lock seems to be fine. It's the plastic stay that's damaged.
If that's the case then the plastic holder can be bought separately and be replaced. I guess there is a holder under the plastic stay.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote