Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 28th June 2015, 22:49   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I'd suggest you to look into Paytm also. They have some good range for Karizma and also some offers I guess.
As of now, I ordered this one for Rs. 179 from flipkart. Will report about quality and fitting as soon as I receive it.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-1435511962103.jpg  

bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2015, 23:20   #287
BHPian

Default Re: Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Even I am planning to buy a good cover for my bike in few days. I would like to know if this cover is of correct fitting and any other website other than snapdeal where I can buy it?

In local market, the bike accessories shop guys are selling covers at price of Rs. 300-350.

Edit - in the above link - when i click buy, it asks for the bike make & model but Hero/Karizma is not showing up in the list!
Yeah, Karizma was not an option. I picked Pulsar DTSi and the cover fits fine.
For 220 bugs, it seems to be a good buy.

Quote:
Yes, looks like the cover is out of stock!

Here is a picture of my Karizma under the cover!

The bike is dry and neat after a rain spell. Only issue is the locking clips don not meet ends. Rest all is fully covered without any problem.
Thanks for the advice bro. I got the same one after your suggestion and cover fits well. I ordered the Pulsar DTSi one.

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 20:03   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As of now, I ordered this one for Rs. 179 from flipkart. Will report about quality and fitting as soon as I receive it.
Received the cover. Quality & fitting wise it looks good. Worth 179 bucks!

Meanwhile I have started facing 2 issues with my bike.

1. The starter can not be engage with gear in position even with pressing the clutch. The starter fires only when gear is in neutral.

2. Lately, the gear shift has become hard. And bringing the gear in neutral is getting difficult day by day with engine running especially. I have to switch off the bike and the gear engages to neutral easily.

Bike was recently serviced some 500km back and I have checked the engine oil. It is upto level and still fresh & maintaining its color.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-1435847617877.jpg  

Last edited by bluevolt : 2nd July 2015 at 20:08.
Old 2nd July 2015, 20:11   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. The starter can not be engage with gear in position even with pressing the clutch. The starter fires only when gear is in neutral.

2. Lately, the gear shift has become hard. And bringing the gear in neutral is getting difficult day by day with engine running especially. I have to switch off the bike and the gear engages to neutral easily.
1. There is a switch on the clutch yoke which informs the CDI that the clutch is engaged. Either that switch has gone bad or the wiring for the switch has come loose.

2. Get the clutch slack adjusted. There is no settings to adjust the gears for the ZMA unfortunately.
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:46   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
1. There is a switch on the clutch yoke which informs the CDI that the clutch is engaged. Either that switch has gone bad or the wiring for the switch has come loose.

2. Get the clutch slack adjusted. There is no settings to adjust the gears for the ZMA unfortunately.
Is this neutral switch located inside the engine also?

My bike's handle bar was removed and installed again recently to fix the loose lock console. Could both of the issues resultant of because of that?

Also how to explain this clutch slack to a local bike mechanic? Do you mean the freeplay of the clutch lever? I am not taking my bike to Hero Service center and will visit my neighborhood mechanic. And is this sudden hard gearing because of the clutch slackness?
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:19   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Is this neutral switch located inside the engine also?

My bike's handle bar was removed and installed again recently to fix the loose lock console. Could both of the issues resultant of because of that?

Also how to explain this clutch slack to a local bike mechanic? Do you mean the freeplay of the clutch lever? I am not taking my bike to Hero Service center and will visit my neighborhood mechanic. And is this sudden hard gearing because of the clutch slackness?
The clutch switch is located right where the clutch lever meets the pivot point. For reference sake, it used to cost ~200 bucks for P150 a few years back.

Hard gear shifts, as explained earlier, can be due to poor clutch wire adjustment or loose (or extra tight) drive chain. Inform your mechanic that you are having hard gear shifts and ask him to adjust the clutch wire to increase its travel to an optimum level (he should understand the problem and the referred solution by now). Also ask him to check the drive chain for any slack and tighten if necessary.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2015, 14:02   #292
Senior - BHPian

Finally got the issues rectified. Replaced all three cables replaced with new ones including accelerator a, b cable and clutch cables. Neutral switch wire was not properly fitted, now it is ok. Got chain and relevant parts lubricated.

Total cost rs. 350

Gear shift quality improved, it is not much harder now.

However the mechanic was saying that the engine oil level is low. I opened the dip stick. The oil level mark is immersed with oil when the stick is fully screwed in but when it was checked without screwing in, the level mark is not showing oil, with little bit of touch on its tip only.

Oil was replaced recently around 200 kms back during service from Hero service station. Color of oil still looks fresh.

The mechanic had 20w40 grade oil which i didnt allow him to top up as my bike has stock hero 10w20 oil.

So what is the correct procedure to check oil level? Without screwing in the dip stick or with fully screwing in?
Old 26th July 2015, 08:46   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Finally.....

Oil was replaced recently around 200 kms back during service from Hero service station. Color of oil still looks fresh.

The mechanic had 20w40 grade oil which i didnt allow him to top up as my bike has stock hero 10w20 oil.

So what is the correct procedure to check oil level? Without screwing in the dip stick or with fully screwing in?

The correct procedure is to check without screwing the dip stick. Never check it after the bike has run for some time. Some of the oil may in circulation in the engine and will take some time to trickle down.

Since you say you got it service at the A.S.S, they might have cheated you on the quantity of oil. Most service centres buy oil in bulk, 20L drums and then sell it loose. I have had experience when the Bajaj A.S.S tried to cheat me of 100-150 ml during my second free service. Do check the level on a cold engine before topping it up (get a new bottle and keep the rest of it for future use).

Isn't the stock recommended oil grade is 10W30 and not (10W20) for Hero? Correct me if I'm wrong (I have been a Bajaj guy since the past 13 years).
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2015, 08:58   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
OEM recommendation for oil is 10W30. Not 10W20. Do get the right grade next time you go a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Isn't the stock recommended oil grade is 10W30 and not (10W20) for Hero?
You are right, Sir.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 17:11   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Isn't the stock recommended oil grade is 10W30 and not (10W20) for Hero?
Quote:
OEM recommendation for oil is 10W30. Not 10W20.
Sorry for the typo. It is 10w30 oil, already in my bike.
Old 7th September 2015, 10:31   #296

I ride a 2007 Karizma R. I have a question related to fork outs. Every other time when I come back from an offroading/trail ride, my fork is out. It may not happen after literally every ride but has happened too many times for me to just ignore. So has anyone of you faced similar problems? or is it just me doing something wrong. And if im not at fault then is there a solution to reduce the instances?
alex.joseph30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 13:20   #297
BHPian

There was a time I was passionate about Karizma R. I purchased it in 2008 and was happy riding it everyday to my college and going for long trips. Even my college attendance went up because I just loved riding it everyday. Eventually, I picked up a job and the poor bike had to be left unused for close to 1.5 years.

And then it started to give problems. And now, somehow, I have lost all my passion in it. Due to my transferable job, all the plastic parts have broken. The bikes constantly makes a rattling noise.

The electric system has gone haywire. Self start, odometer, fuel meter, horn etc don't work. Now the bike is just for commuting from place A to place B.

Anyways, now I have taken a vow to bring it back to its original shape. My current place of stay is Bangalore. Any recommendation about where should I get it serviced? Or should I simply go to some authorized workshops?

P.S. - Any suggestion as to why self, horn, headlight doesnt work? I don't think there is any issue with battery. Also, anyone has any idea about how much the plastic parts will cost?
HalfOctave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 14:03   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
. My current place of stay is Bangalore. Any recommendation about where should I get it serviced? Or should I simply go to some authorized workshops?

P.S. - Any suggestion as to why self, horn, headlight doesnt work? I don't think there is any issue with battery. Also, anyone has any idea about how much the plastic parts will cost?
1. For spare parts check with Parshwa motors. He is authorized distributors for HMCL spares. He is located near double road.

2. If not for authorized service stations (which IMHO are all the same), you can check with unique bike service. They are not bad actually.

You should be able to get the contact details by a simple google search. Let me know if you need it. I can PM it to you.

3. Check the fuses for loose connections and wires for any rat bites.
girimajiananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 23:04   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
I have experienced all this buddy on my Karizma.

Attaching the picture of the bill where I had replaced the panels. This will give you a fair idea of the prices.

Name:  ForumRunner_20161012_230221.png
Views: 393
Size:  574.9 KB

Panels that were changed:

1) Left side cover A & B (Air filter side);
2) Right side cover A & B (Battery side);
3) Left side rear cowl;
4) Right side rear cowl;
5) Cowl above tail lamp;
6) Stickers (Karizma & Hero)

Link to the post of panels change:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3713026 (Long Term Ownership Report Hero Honda Karizma. EDIT: Sold!)

Link to Blown fuse issue:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3320290 (Long Term Ownership Report Hero Honda Karizma. EDIT: Sold!)

For the self, horn and headlight issues, check the fuses and the main fuse + relays located on the Right side panel.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th October 2016 at 23:06.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2016, 23:19   #300
Senior - BHPian

Installed throbbing lights on my Karizma. Since I am planning to ride on highways in coming winters, I wanted to increase my bike's visibility for the traffic behind me. They are not very strong though, doesn't irritate the person behind the bike as well. Looks cool enough also.

Total cost - Rs. 500 including lights, fitting and wiring.

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-imag0597.jpg

Edit - Just forgot to mention - Karizma reached 20,000 KMs milestone yesterday Not much riding since last two years but planning to revive my spark for biking and hope to put some miles in coming months!

Last edited by bluevolt : 29th October 2016 at 23:26.