Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd November 2016, 19:18   #301
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience

Did an early morning breakfast ride to the biker's cafe Gurgaon and extended it towards Gurgaon-Faridabad Road.

#GFR Circuit is no less than a moto GP Track considering the curves and corners that the expressway offers, along with the amazing scenic beauty of the Aravalli hills.

Sharing few pics of the ride and the biker's cafe mini-photo shoot.

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-1.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-2.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-3.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-4.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-5.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-7.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-9.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-10.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-14.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-15.jpg
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 19:21   #302
Senior - BHPian

One more set of pics

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-16.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-17.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-18.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-19.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-20.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-23.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-24.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-27.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-28.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-29.jpg
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 09:02   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.joseph30 View Post
I ride a 2007 Karizma R. I have a question related to fork outs. Every other time when I come back from an offroading/trail ride, my fork is out. It may not happen after literally every ride but has happened too many times for me to just ignore. So has anyone of you faced similar problems? or is it just me doing something wrong. And if im not at fault then is there a solution to reduce the instances?
By 'fork is out' I'm presuming that your fork seals go bust, in which case next time around it would be best to inspect the fork for scuffs/scratches especially nearing the end of its travel as you mentioned that it only happens after trail riding.
ashwinprakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 14:26   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
Eventually, I picked up a job and the poor bike had to be left unused for close to 1.5 years.

And then it started to give problems.
The electric system has gone haywire. Self start, odometer, fuel meter, horn etc don't work. Now the bike is just for commuting from place A to place B.

Anyways, now I have taken a vow to bring it back to its original shape.
Good that you have decided to restore the lost glory. Even I had bought a new 'R' in March 2008. Eventually I sold it in 2010 for an old model 2006 Karizma which I always love more than the 'R' and which I ride to this very day. Why, I just spent 3k yesterday to bring up the shine back and delete all the little niggles that the monsoon had brought up as it was almost unused for almost a year now. I always give it pre-monsoon and post-monsoon special tlc.

See, the thing to keep in mind here is that a Zma which otherwise is very trouble free still demands special detailed tlc or special detailed attention every 6 months at least to help in coping up to the things that the elementa do to it.

A little lubricating oil, or Wd40 here and there, good wash up, amongst others helps a lot. You should have a good mechanic at hand. Or a one who can take directions properly. Detail is the key to a happier rider. And avoid spurious spares at all costs.

Your mech seems not upto the mark from the condition it is in. I could have helped if you was in mumbai. All the best.
pixantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 16:01   #305
BHPian

Hello bluevolt, my 2007 Karizma needs some love: chain, sprocket, carb cleaning, new filters etc.

Do you still recommend Azad motors? If so, any specific mechanic I should give the work to? Or did you manage to find a better workshop and spare stockist in West Delhi?
akshaymahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 17:11   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Hello bluevolt, my 2007 Karizma needs some love: chain, sprocket, carb cleaning, new filters etc.

Do you still recommend Azad motors? If so, any specific mechanic I should give the work to? Or did you manage to find a better workshop and spare stockist in West Delhi?
Azad Motors, in Pitampura bike/car market (near hotel city aprk/narsingh seva sadan) is a good shop and the mechanic there is also knowledgeable with reasonable pricing.

I would still recommend going to him.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote