Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Old 26th July 2012, 16:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Yes, the entire carpet right from the front footwell to the boot is covered with this sheet. The stock floor carpet of the Innova is beige in colour and not very ideal for our dirty conditions. The mats wont be enough to protect it. Hence, the sheet is used as a protective layer.

The first time we got in done at Toyota itself, while buying the car. They used a thin inferior quality material, which tore off soon. Then we got it done at a local accessory shop who used a better quality (thicker) sheet.
Hi can you share the details of the shop from where you got it done and cost for the same.

Thanks.
navin_v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 16:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Hi can you share the details of the shop from where you got it done and cost for the same.

Thanks.
Hi, I got it done from a shop right opposite the Jain Mandir in Mulund. Sorry, I dont remember the cost as I got this done long back.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012, 10:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Can these 3M guys also do windscreen buffing to remove ( rather reduce) scratches and their effect? Has anybody done the same? If so, I could plan for exterior, interior and windscreen restoration together.
parsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012, 18:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Nopes. For that, you need to take to car to windshield experts I guess.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012, 19:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I talked with Parag too and he confirmed not having those services with them.
parsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 00:19   #21
BHPian

just got the Anti-rust treatment with 5 years warranty, Paint sealant treatment and 3M engine coating done on my brand new XUV 500. good job and good service. recommend this to anyone for good professional interior and exterior detailing and protection treatments. price is a bit on higher side though.
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2013, 21:51   #22
BHPian

3M Car Care is starting at Thane. Inauguration is on 9th February, 5:00 PM.
The address is as mentioned below.

4,5,6, Landmark, Next to Axis Bank, Louiswadi, Eastern Express Highway,
Thane (west)

I believe it is at the same location of Scoda Showroom - JMD Auto.
JMD Auto has opened a new showroom on the other side of the highway in
Dev Corpora - Corporate Park.
_Vyenky is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 16:09   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I sent my cars for interior and exterior detailing job to the 3M center in Andheri. They provide a pick-up and drop off service too. The showroom manager Parag is very helpful.
The job was done professionally with good results.

The provide matte wrapping services also when I enquired. Costs approx 50 to 60k for a Verna sized car. They have done wraps on an E-class convertible, Jeep and several others including high-end cars. Picture are available on their facebook page.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 16:26   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I sent my cars for interior and exterior detailing job to the 3M center in Andheri. They provide a pick-up and drop off service too. The showroom manager Parag is very helpful.
The job was done professionally with good results.

The provide matte wrapping services also when I enquired. Costs approx 50 to 60k for a Verna sized car. They have done wraps on an E-class convertible, Jeep and several others including high-end cars. Picture are available on their facebook page.
How was it compared to Kamyo? Any reason for not using Kamyo this time?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 22:29   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
How was it compared to Kamyo? Any reason for not using Kamyo this time?
I'd say at par if not better. Kamyo has become too busy, can't be waiting for weeks to get an appointment.
3M is open on Sundays too. Hence in one weekend I got 4 cars done.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Headed for the first time to 3M. Got a Foam Wash, a microfibre towel and a Leather Conditioner.

Overall it was satisfying. The staff is very friendly and courteous. They also gave me a demo of the exterior and interior detailing which i think is really good. I could see the difference. I rated them a 10 on their feedback form however i would scale it down to 7 or 8. After i reached home i noticed that the car was not cleaned properly from the outside. There were watermarks in quite a few areas. Not a deal breaker though.

Would go back to get the entire car detailed.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 13:26   #27
BHPian

I have a black car at home which gets detailed twice a year. Of which once a year I utilize 3M's services whenever I am in andheri.

My car was the first black car to be detailed by this center when it first opened years back. They still have the photo of the car at their shop (hint: it is standing next to a white car in the photo; same make). As expected, since they were new, they did a real stellar job and gave me nice discounts as well.

4 months back as well, I was at their shop, and was surprised to hear that they had increased their prices by 1k. Still gave a go ahead and went about for my work. Came back to be disappointed. Their swirl removal was not 100%. This was pointed out, for which they requested a half hour more, which I agreed as well. No improvement at all.
Don't get me wrong though. They did a good job, but not worth the price. For the kind of price which I paid, I expect 100% swirl removal. I am not expecting miracles for the deep scratches which are not possible to remove via detailing but I expect swirl removal to be 100%.

I am a amateur detailer myself and I have some basic idea on how to detail a car.

I got the same car detailed at my doorstep by another detailer just a month back (had a paint overspray which I was having a tough time to remove by myself) and he managed full swirl removal at a much more reasonable cost.

I don't think 3M detailing is worth the price anymore. The staff is good and they are more than happy to clear your doubts. The stuff used is of good quality but just not worth the price for me.

Thanks,
Simple_car

Last edited by Simple_car : 25th September 2013 at 13:28.
Simple_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 16:54   #28
BHPian

Has anyone used this dealership recently? I am planning to get my car detailed this weekend.
The last review by Simple_car is not very encouraging, so need some inputs .
TheLizardKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 17:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Has anyone used this dealership recently? I am planning to get my car detailed this weekend.
The last review by Simple_car is not very encouraging, so need some inputs .
A new one has opened up in Andheri East, near SEEPZ. I have posted details of the same in the Mumbai directory. You may try there.
swarnava.m is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 17:58   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
A new one has opened up in Andheri East, near SEEPZ. I have posted details of the same in the Mumbai directory. You may try there.
Thanks. I am aware of the new dealership since it falls on my daily office route. They have not listed it on their website yet, nor did the Andheri W dealership have the number for them. Will look up your post. Thanks again.

I just have one doubt. It has JUST opened, and there are always teething problems. I would rather wait for some reviews. Also, I have never got my car detailed in one year of ownership, and the neglect shows... So even though the SEEPZ dealership is much closer to my place in Sher-E-Punjab, I have taken an appointment at the Andheri W dealership.

Please do post a review of your experience.

Last edited by TheLizardKing : 24th June 2014 at 18:06. Reason: Corrections and additions
TheLizardKing is offline   Reply With Quote