Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Old 27th May 2016, 12:31   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Duplicate Keys, Remote Key OBD Programming : Key Master (Andheri, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Need the car of course...

3> Not to mention valets would have a field day.
Thank you! Can you please elaborate on this point? I'm confused which Valets
ashishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2016, 12:50   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Duplicate Keys, Remote Key OBD Programming : Key Master (Andheri, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
Thank you! Can you please elaborate on this point? I'm confused which Valets
What I meant (in generality) is that if a car was not required...the security risk to someone cloning your car keys is very high in general.

Anyone from a hotel valet to your car cleaner could then duplicate your keys without substantial effort or risk.

Nothing to do with this shop or vendor
genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2016, 13:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
What I meant (in generality) is that if a car was not required...the security risk to someone cloning your car keys is very high in general.

Anyone from a hotel valet to your car cleaner could then duplicate your keys without substantial effort or risk.

Nothing to do with this shop or vendor
Oh that way! Got it. Thank you very much
Old 8th June 2016, 13:17   #19
BHPian

Got the body of key and battery replaced. Was done in <10 mins.800 (body) + 120 (battery)
Old 30th June 2016, 01:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
Got the body of key and battery replaced. Was done in <10 mins.800 (body) + 120 (battery)
Not sure if your situation was the same as mine is, but still...

Right now my Civic's key remote circuitry works fine. The screw that holds the 2 face plates together and the plastic portion where the screw goes into ( inner side of the plates) is broken.

So i have 2 plastic face plates, the remote circuitry and the metal key all separate. I have kept them together using masking tape at the moment.

I spoke to a vendor on ebay who sells the shell which has a blank key thats fused to the shell. He suggested that i place the circuitry into the shell and get the key cut from a key maker.

Was this what the guy did for you? cut the key as per your original and then put the circuitry into the shell?

Last edited by nova9 : 30th June 2016 at 01:23. Reason: forgot to add images
nova9 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 21:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Not sure if your situation was the same as mine is, but still...
I spoke to a vendor on ebay who sells the shell which has a blank key thats fused to the shell. He suggested that i place the circuitry into the shell and get the key cut from a key maker.

Was this what the guy did for you? cut the key as per your original and then put the circuitry into the shell?
You can get a brand new shell ,circuit and key made for your Civic through key masters. You will need the car with you to program the key and it will cost you around 2 to 3 k and 30 mins of your time.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 21:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
You can get a brand new shell ,circuit and key made for your Civic through key masters. You will need the car with you to program the key and it will cost you around 2 to 3 k and 30 mins of your time.
The ebay vendor who i spoke to said that i should make sure that the key is cut on an original machine and not a chinese make as the chinese machines dont cut the key very accurately and it can damage the ignition keyhole after a few months of use (His opinion, havent verified the accuracy of his statements)

Have you made a key from these guys a while ago or recently? and any issues with the remote etc?

Thanks
nova9 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 22:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
The ebay vendor who i spoke to said that i should make sure that the key is cut on an original machine and not a chinese make as the chinese machines dont cut the key very accurately and it can damage the ignition keyhole after a few months of use (His opinion, havent verified the accuracy of his statements)

Have you made a key from these guys a while ago or recently? and any issues with the remote etc?

Thanks
I have had two made, a non remote and remote one. I am using the remote key for around two years and its working just fine. The plastic cover on one side however did break at the screw end but i replaced that side with the cover of the original Honda key.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 23:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I had a talk with the owner of this shop today, He said 4000 Rs flat and he will make a new key completely for my VW Jetta, He was very sure of the work and said he would need 1 hour to complete the work and would obviously need the car, Will keep you guys posted.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote