Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2015, 23:34   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hey, why don't you share more details about the problem and its resolution. Might help others
Car started misfiring/sputtering a lot. I was busy and not driving much so didn't immediately take it to a repair shop. After a few days (may be 40-50 kms of driving over a week), power suddenly started getting low during a 3 km trip and after a few minutes it became zero power. Luckily my car also had CNG (had enough CNG for driving may be 10 kms). With great difficultly managed to take it home and next day to him. He cleaned fuel injectors, replaced some pump which he said had gone bad. He said he had to dissemble and check a lot of stuff to figure out what went wrong. Total charges came to around 3900, I think. Car runs fine now.
carboy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 11:12   #17
BHPian
 
1lokesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: MP-09, MH-02,
Posts: 211
Thanked: 354 Times
Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

Has anyone got his/her Civic attended to by Devabhai? Or any other sedan for that matter...
1lokesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 11:55   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2,035
Thanked: 315 Times
Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

The guy is very simple and down to earth (read genuinely). Dont go with a barrage o stuff to be fixed. Call him and ask him which is a convinient day for him to spend time suggesting you have a bunch of things. He is not very hi-tech and still old school. Stay with him and get issue resolved one by one. He is one of the most economical FNGs around. Dont get any car wash thru him. Expect your car to be a little shaby once done. Go to a proper wash care certer yourself. On the bill / invoice ask upfront. He is good for genuine and honest advice. Wont go after killing your bank attitude.
dipen is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:10   #19
BHPian
 
genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 294 Times
Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Has anyone got his/her Civic attended to by Devabhai? Or any other sedan for that matter...
He maintains R32_GTRs City. And boy is that guy a demanding customer
Seriously speaking, he does most American and Japanese sedans and SUVs. Very competent and manages to source parts for older models also.
On the car wash front, the car wash guy in that compound is a separate operator and yes a bit lazy. Removes the grime on the top but is definitely not a detailer.

Last edited by genesis : 23rd November 2015 at 19:14.
genesis is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2015, 19:25   #20
BHPian
 
neelemail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

Is Devabhai still around with the same attitude or has he got acquainted to the normal world. My 5 year old WagonR has started giving trouble with wear and tear like clutch getting tighter, steering becoming harder, some scratches to be painted, etc. Additionally this past week some cable has come out loose in the bay; some roadside mechanic said that pick-up dynamo is kaput and need to be changed. Since then the car is idle, me fearing about the bill at ASS.

Still sceptical about the FNGs since I have always given it to ASS for service.
neelemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 11:52   #21
BHPian
 
genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 294 Times
Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelemail View Post
Is Devabhai still around with the same attitude or has he got acquainted to the normal world. My 5 year old WagonR has started giving trouble with wear and tear like clutch getting tighter, steering becoming harder, some scratches to be painted, etc. Additionally this past week some cable has come out loose in the bay; some roadside mechanic said that pick-up dynamo is kaput and need to be changed. Since then the car is idle, me fearing about the bill at ASS.

Still sceptical about the FNGs since I have always given it to ASS for service.
Ummm.
1> Just got my fortuner fully serviced two weekends ago. So he is definitely around.
2> Did not understand the attitude part. Seemed like the same person if that was your question.
3> Skepticism is a personal dilemma which can only be rectified by a bath in the flowing ganges and a bit of patience. To jump in or not is your call
genesis is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2016, 22:56   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,675
Thanked: 1,024 Times
Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

So had given my Civic to Devbhai for a rack overhaul due to oil leakage. Honda had quoted 18k for same. Devhbhai did it for a total 13,430 (6500 for rack) which also included a brake pad change, brake disc skimming, a engine mount change along with alignment. So for a price lower than what Honda quoted i got 3 jobs done (rack,brake & mount). Yes some small mistakes were done by his assistants which included overfilling of power steering reservoir & swapping the right & left tie rods because the aftermarket tie rods were marked wrong so the mechanics are not at fault here. The rack repaired could have been cleaned of the oil stains etc and look shabby but lot of my money was saved and the jobs in the end were done very well. Deva also knew how to properly disconnect the Civic's steering air bag as the steering had to be opened for adjustment during alignment. Overall quite satisfied with the work and money paid for same and i came back home a happy customer. There was no overcharging and the parts pricing matched with what i had found from other shops. Good work, good experience and definitely recommended. His place is a good 19-20 kms from my home but i still went to him and came back satisfied on money being well spent. Thanks to Mr Banerjee (Bhpian Genesis) for the recommendation.

Edit: When i introduced myself to him first when i went there i told him Banerjee sir had given his no, to which he smiled. He said Banerjee sir may have given the no but he has also put in on the net :-). So i guess he is fairly internet savvy for a mechanic.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 10th January 2016 at 23:02.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2016, 19:16   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 163
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

Left my Honda City Zxi with Devabhai for servicing on Friday 15.4.16

He stated that clutch is a suspect and also the suspension. Overall the costs for servicing including gear oil change, oil filter, suspension, clutch and full servicing was estimated at 25k including labour. Felt that it is on higher side.

Reached at 4 to pick my car when he had finished the wiper issue and the car went for wheel alignment.

Whilst that was getting done; I saw a crack on the front windshield left side and informed him about the same

Right now the car is being washed by the next door person (lazy as stated before) post which the glass will be fixed

Unfortunately it has left a sore note for me, also since I am still waiting for all the job to be finished including the glass fixing. Will post my update on the cost as I have a feeling he might add up the cost for glass in this!

I got to leave for Goa early morning tomorrow so hope I don't find any other unwelcome surprises

Last edited by saildrive : 17th April 2016 at 19:21. Reason: Wrong word
saildrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 12:00   #24
BHPian
 
genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 294 Times
Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

Visited Deva after a while for some jeep work.
I did ask about the windshield and he mentioned he replaced it out of pocket.
Hope the matter was resolved and you made it to goa.


Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Left my Honda City Zxi with Devabhai for servicing on Friday 15.4.16

He stated that clutch is a suspect and also the suspension. Overall the costs for servicing including gear oil change, oil filter, suspension, clutch and full servicing was estimated at 25k including labour. Felt that it is on higher side.

Reached at 4 to pick my car when he had finished the wiper issue and the car went for wheel alignment.

Whilst that was getting done; I saw a crack on the front windshield left side and informed him about the same

Right now the car is being washed by the next door person (lazy as stated before) post which the glass will be fixed

Unfortunately it has left a sore note for me, also since I am still waiting for all the job to be finished including the glass fixing. Will post my update on the cost as I have a feeling he might add up the cost for glass in this!

I got to leave for Goa early morning tomorrow so hope I don't find any other unwelcome surprises
genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 12:34   #25
BHPian
 
1lokesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: MP-09, MH-02,
Posts: 211
Thanked: 354 Times
Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

My experience with Deva last weekend:

Took my Civic to him last Friday for locating the leak source of the oil spilled all over the drive shaft boots. He and his guy diagnosed it to PS pump leak. There was another issue with rattling sound under the bonnet when driving at low speeds on uneven surface.

Left the car next day morning for the repairs. Got a call in the afternoon from him when he informed me that apart from the pump leak, steering rack will also need repair and the rattling sound was from front suspension - the tie rod, ball joint and stabiliser link had gone kaput. While the ball joint could be pressed, the tie rod and link will have to be replaced. Gave him a go ahead to complete all the work.

Got the car back late on Sunday evening. Everything done professionally and to my satisfaction. Total dent - INR 16k but all accounted for and much milder than what i would have got at HASS. Though I am not sure if someone else could have done it at a lesser cost. But this guy had some good reviews and I was willing to take the plunge basis that.

I would say say he knows his work and is not there to take advantage. Totally recommended.
1lokesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2016, 13:56   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,675
Thanked: 1,024 Times
Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

Dev has located at a new place which is a bit congested. Below is the location. Did not have a very pleasant experience today but it is forgiven as he has helped me much before. I had called up yesterday saying that i was coming for some work and asked him whether i can come he replied in affirmative and also gave me directions to his place. Today i went over there and found he was not available at the garage and has left to attend some business with no idea when he will be back. His guy came with me for a trial and concluded the car which was making some kat kat noise needs some suspension work.

I was asked to confirm with Deva if i can get the work done today when i called him up he said that there is too much load and i will have to come on wed or thurs. I said fine but it would have helped if he had said the same yesterday when i called afterall i was traveling from far (18kms) to reach him. It's not that i reached late at his garage (10 45 AM) that many vehicles got lined up before me. Anyways i am overlooking this as he had helped me before however i am may not get the work done from him for now.

One more annoying thing was there is dearth of parking at the new spot and this gentleman from the next door garage kept irritating me by saying "Gaadi a raha hai" (vehicle is coming) whenever i was parking the car in the vicinity.

Deva is now located a bit ahead of this CNG pump.

Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)-deva_location.jpg
sumeethaldankar is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 18:46   #27
BHPian
 
genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 294 Times
Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

Had just logged in to update the change in location ( two people had called me as his defacto "agent" ) and saw it already done...So thanks for that.

He is going thru a bit of a rough patch with the parking in the new place. Also had a repeat accident on a fractured leg (where they put in a metal rod after the first accident) so has been a bit all over the place (not being able to go under the car).

I too went thru the same mental process of not dealing with the overload and gave my Fortuner to the nearby dealership instead of Devabhai. Car has been at the dealership for a week and they keep changing parts to fix a suspension and alignment issue. (Biggest feeling is loss of control)

Hope things get back to normal. Will pass on feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Dev has located at a new place which is a bit congested. Below is the location. Did not have a very pleasant experience today but it is forgiven as he has helped me much before. I had called up yesterday saying that i was coming for some work and asked him whether i can come he replied in affirmative and also gave me directions to his place. Today i went over there and found he was not available at the garage and has left to attend some business with no idea when he will be back. His guy came with me for a trial and concluded the car which was making some kat kat noise needs some suspension work.

I was asked to confirm with Deva if i can get the work done today when i called him up he said that there is too much load and i will have to come on wed or thurs. I said fine but it would have helped if he had said the same yesterday when i called afterall i was traveling from far (18kms) to reach him. It's not that i reached late at his garage (10 45 AM) that many vehicles got lined up before me. Anyways i am overlooking this as he had helped me before however i am may not get the work done from him for now.

One more annoying thing was there is dearth of parking at the new spot and this gentleman from the next door garage kept irritating me by saying "Gaadi a raha hai" (vehicle is coming) whenever i was parking the car in the vicinity.

Deva is now located a bit ahead of this CNG pump.

Attachment 1579084
genesis is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 13:28   #28
BHPian
 
streetfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

Thank you @genesis for your kind help and the recommendation. It was great meeting BHPian @sumeethaldankar in person at Deva's garage.

My experience with Deva has been satisfactory. All issues on my Fiesta have been addressed. I had steering oil leak issue, clutch assembly was changed, front suspension was overhauled and both shocks were changed, door glass were not running smooth hence fixed that, AC was serviced (outside at his friend's garage). Total damage 29k (Ford service had quoted 70k) which he happily accepted in cheque.

Owing to team-bhp and recommendations, he has become popular and busy. One needs to be patient and give him enough time to work on your issues. I had to leave my car for 10days to get all those work done.

As @genesis pointed out, he is going through a rough patch, but he seems to be a genuine person. He seems to know his stuff and is seen guiding and helping his boys as he himself is not able to do a lot of work himself.

Last edited by streetfighter : 6th December 2016 at 13:28. Reason: minor edit
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2016, 20:34   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,675
Thanked: 1,024 Times
Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Thank you @genesis for your kind help and the recommendation. It was great meeting BHPian @sumeethaldankar in person at Deva's garage.
It was nice to meet you too. I was surprised when you told me your car is 9 years old when i thought it was just a 2-3 year old car. Your Fiesta is well maintained. Keep it up

Finally i was able to get my car's issues sorted out by Deva. He didn't charge the earth and i am happy with the outcome even if it took me 3 visits to him.
sumeethaldankar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 18:05   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 344
Thanked: 268 Times
Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

I was surprised to know that Devabhai's garage is in the same lane as my office ( opp. Lakme factory). I decided to pay him a visit and show my Honda City, which has become sluggish. My car was already checked by Mr Sunil Shanbag, but he was tied up due to overload and couldn't take in my car immediately. Both people diagnosed the same, however even devabhai was overbooked and I had committed to Sunilji.
Frankly speaking, I was more comfortable with Shanbagji, but without making use of either's service, it will be too soon to comment.
riteshritesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"At Home" Maintenance, Repairs, Accessories etc. - WagenWerkz (Mumbai) cityvic Mumbai 46 4th December 2017 21:57
Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai) madbullram Chennai 243 28th August 2017 13:04
Maintenance & Repairs : Bosch Car Care Centre (Vadapalani, Chennai) geeash Chennai 36 24th August 2016 21:08
Car Repairs & Maintenance : A.M. Motors (Bangalore) sumannandy Bangalore 3 9th December 2011 10:23
Bike Importers, Servicing, Repairs & Maintenance ap10046 Superbikes & Imports 18 14th November 2006 21:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks