Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 61 70.93%
Recommended 23 26.74%
NOT Recommended 2 2.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th July 2018, 16:00   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors

The stock battery on our i20 died suddenly earlier this week (although it did show signs of old age). Booked a battery on batterybhai around noon: of the recommendations (Amaron, Exide, SF), chose Amaron AAM-FL-BH45D20L BH (45 Ah) for Rs. 4750 (including return of old battery).

The vendor called in a couple of hours and said he'd visit around 6. Finally came around 7.30 and the job was done swiftly. Pretty good service! This was done on my mum's car in Gurgaon so she's mighty glad this was done at the doorstep at a fixed price than having to visit a shop and deal with the associated hassle.

EDIT: I'd asked her to check the manufacturing date of the battery: Nov '17, which the vendor obviously said its normal. Now, I can't really attest to that but visiting a store has this benefit of selecting the battery depending on age.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 4th July 2018 at 16:08.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2018, 20:41   #92
BHPian

Default Re: Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors

I tend to use Exide Batmobile. They will come anytime in Bangalore to jump start a dead car battery though sometimes you might have to wait a few hours depending on where the guy is and who he is attending to. The guys will come and jump-start your car for free. If you ask them, they will also sell you a battery and take your old battery back. They are doing it through brick and mortar dealers. Pretty decent service and payment can be done online. Never used direct online vendors though.
pganapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2018, 18:47   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The stock battery on our i20 died suddenly earlier this week (although it did show signs of old age). Booked a battery on batterybhai around noon: of the recommendations (Amaron, Exide, SF), chose Amaron AAM-FL-BH45D20L BH (45 Ah) for Rs. 4750 (including return of old battery).

The vendor called in a couple of hours and said he'd visit around 6. Finally came around 7.30 and the job was done swiftly. Pretty good service! This was done on my mum's car in Gurgaon so she's mighty glad this was done at the doorstep at a fixed price than having to visit a shop and deal with the associated hassle.

EDIT: I'd asked her to check the manufacturing date of the battery: Nov '17, which the vendor obviously said its normal. Now, I can't really attest to that but visiting a store has this benefit of selecting the battery depending on age.
A November 2017 battery is certainly not ok .

See if it can be replaced for a newer one .

At the most one with 3 months prior manufacturing date .
anky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2018, 11:50   #94
BHPian

Just ordered this http://www.batterybhai.com/car-batte...H/537/3/1/35/1 for a Grand i10 petrol.

Paid 3350 for a June manufactured unit. Ordered at 10:30a.m and it was installed by 11:30a.m.
rayjaycleoful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2018, 00:47   #95
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has any experience with battery boss? They are providing the best price so far on the amaron Flo 65ah battery for my 2013 dzire vdi. The battery gave up on me today
dass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2018, 18:15   #96
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Anyone has any experience with battery boss? They are providing the best price so far on the amaron Flo 65ah battery for my 2013 dzire vdi. The battery gave up on me today
Just got my battery replaced from Batteryboss and the experience was very good. My corolla battery had become weak and needed replacement.It was Exide champion and lasted for 4 years. In the last car service in June, the workshop folks had said that battery is weak as one cell is dead so it needs to be replaced. Tired battery boss for the first time and service was excellent in under 2 hours a guy came over on the scooter and he put in a new battery manufactured in July 2018. So overall experience was good. Also i got it Rs 250 cheaper than the price my local shop was offering. Would recommend batteryboss.in after the experience i had.
Dushie is offline   Reply With Quote