Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Old 31st October 2016, 11:26   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
The dents would have to be quite big or deep for the body filler not to adhere (and stay there) if you were told that it's not possible.
Thank you for the info. I spoke to 3M and a local guy who does wraps and both said they don't do filling without seeing my vehicle. Will try to find someone in Chennai who does this.
diyguy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2016, 12:32   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Car Wraps: The Wrap Shop (Mulund, Mumbai)

Thanks for the informative thread.

Got a question Frank.. how different is this colour film wrap from the paint protection film. I had heard it costs a bomb (upwards of 1.5 Lakhs) to wrap a large car in ppf (Eg 3M ppf). But you got your friend's Merc wrapped in matt colour at approx 30% cost of ppf.

Does it make sense to wrap the entire car in the choice of your colour OR colour matching your car's original colour rather than wrapping in PPF since both the sheets protect the original paint and the metal beneath!!

just a thought..

Last edited by arunu : 31st October 2016 at 12:34.
arunu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote