Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Old 5th June 2018, 10:57   #1
BHPian

Default Car air-con repair : Royal Car AC Services (Malad, Mumbai)

Royal Car AC service
Proprietor: Mr. Dsilva

K-33, Old Sonal industrial estate, Link road, kachpada, Malad West
It's on the main link road , just a building away from Navneet BMW showroom

Place:
The place is not very huge, can accommodate car and a half. But extremely clean and neat and their tools also arranged properly. Sometimes I feel, the way the workshops arrange their tools speaks a lot about them
Also since it's a huge industrial estate and his place is at the very end he can easily park 3 or 4 cars near his workshop and if needed can work on it too

Services offered:
- Servicing of car air-conditioning and repairing of any issues related to it

Rates:
- Not dirt cheap but I feel worth for the work done

What I like:
- Mr. dsilva is there working with his technicians on the car and never gives you a false picture. My car had to go second time after repairs were carried but it was no fault of his but once gas was fully charged other issues in the car air-conditioning system became evident
Still he was very accommodating, apologized that I had to car back and started working on car immediately even if there were 3 or 4 cars more

What I don't like:
- Nothing as yet

What work I have done here:
My office is very near to the industrial estate so I thought to give them a try for routine car AC service
By the time it was due the cooling suddenly became less and I wanted to get it done before rains start
A leak in the evaporator was found so it had to be changed, plus to change it the whole dashboard had to be removed and refitted
It's a huge task specially when car is 14 years old
Apart from this regular service was carried which is cleaning of condenser and other parts which need cleaning, compressor oil top up and gas charge
Was charged a total of Rs 7000 for everything

Unfortunately after work was done the AC system developed a snag which was evident even before I took the delivery of the car but I insisted I use it for few days and give him feedback.
Could not use it for more days and took car back
Although it was no error by their side he apologized to me that I had to get car back and started work on the car immediately even though there were around 4 cars in the workshop
It was found that the oil seal in the compressor had gone bad and the condenser receiver needed a chnage
It was done within 24 hours and I even got back some money from him because he told he got some discount for the parts he had used for my car
Seldom one gets money back

No issues with any buttons or other things on the dashboard. In the past whenever dashboard has been opened some minor issue has always cropped up and I had to take car back to get it solved
rikhav is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 22:25   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Car air-con repair : Royal Car AC Services (Malad, Mumbai)

Some pictures of the workshop
Was getting error since many days when I tried to upload
Attached Thumbnails
Car air-con repair : Royal Car AC Services (Malad, Mumbai)-img_20180531_103014.jpg  

Car air-con repair : Royal Car AC Services (Malad, Mumbai)-img_20180531_103110.jpg  

Car air-con repair : Royal Car AC Services (Malad, Mumbai)-img_20180531_103057.jpg  

Car air-con repair : Royal Car AC Services (Malad, Mumbai)-img_20180531_103119.jpg  

rikhav is offline   Reply With Quote