Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Old 5th May 2017, 09:51   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai

Just moved to Mumbai and the nearest bunk selling 97 octane is the one in BKC. So promptly took the bike there to fuel up. Unfortunately, unlike Bangalore, the bunks here refuse to sell you the fuel in fuel containers/jerrycans citing permission issues. Thought of going 8 kms one way everytime from my residence to fuel up is kind of a nightmare.

Anyone knows a way around getting them to give me the fuel in my jerrycans? Also is this bunk 24/7 operational?
narula123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 12:05   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Anyone knows a way around getting them to give me the fuel in my jerrycans?
The solution for your problem might lie here. Amidst dissenting voices, you may turn out to be the first beneficiary on the forum of this idea.
dailydriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 12:32   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
The solution for your problem might lie here. Amidst dissenting voices, you may turn out to be the first beneficiary on the forum of this idea.
Read about this a while back. Firstly, I dont think this plan will see the light of day anytime soon through the red tape. Secondly, I dont think they have the required infra in place to create this value chain - logistics alone will be a nightmare for them. Still, hopeful that something like this can maybe exist as an option soon.

Until then, the harsh reality exists that I will have to find a way to get a permission letter sorted to allow them to dispense fuel into jerrycans. Guess, if they see me coming there more frequently, they will develop enough familiarity to bend the rule for me a bit.
narula123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 17:14   #244
BHPian

My trusted pump in Mumbai is Taximen Union petrol pump behind Chitra cinema, Dadar east.This is one pump where quality of fuel is good. Have been re-fuelling at this bunk ever since I started driving 15 years ago.
silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 18:01   #245
BHPian

A pump I have been using for maybe 15-16 years, is the Bahri BP outlet opposite K-Star in Chembur. I always fill tankful to tankful, noting the mileage with each filling and have found a consistency in my mileage in the two cars I have used in this period.
On the other hand I had a bad experience a few years ago with the BP outlet on the opposite side of the road, in line with K-Star. This guy's fuel counter definitely ran much faster than it should have and I have boycotted it ever since.
Similarly for the BP outlet below the Sion Circle flyover. Long ago, I used to use this outlet for petrol for my Padmini and never checked the consumption as it did not have a tripmeter. So when I started doing my calculations for the diesel consumption of my new Qualis and comparing it with the Bahri outlet in Chembur I found a gross error in the Sion outlet, so stopped using that as well, even though it's a stone's throw from my home.
The HP outlet on the opposite side, also under the flyover, is good though.
FarPatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 15:12   #246
BHPian

Any reviews on Essar petrol bunks? There is one on Goregaon Mulund Link road, was thinking of trying it. Has anyone tried it?
AkMar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 19:02   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
Oh the one you just mentioned is an IOC? Definitely a plus for my Indian oil citibank credit card refill.

I am stuck with Indian oils. Anyone tried Kotak credit card which claims to offer surchargre free fuel at all fuel pumps for above 400 Rs?
I had the same problem. Switched to Indusind Platinum Aura. No surcharge on transactions between 400 to 4000. Might be off topic, but reward points can be converted to cash against oustanding.
msk016 is offline   Reply With Quote