Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2016, 13:47   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dombivli/Gurgao
Posts: 2,532
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default Re: Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai)

I would rate him at around 8/10 or 9/10, the only sore point being a hubcap was misplaced by his workers.

On the plus side, the power windows on the left, which would stop working after every servicing are now working perfect even when not used for a couple of weeks. The driver seat power function too works well now.

All in all, pretty much satisfied with his service.
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 19:36   #47
BHPian
 
AnniHilat0R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 220
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai)

So my friend's cousin has some issue with his Mercedes CLS. He had taken it down to Shaman Motors and gave him a quotation of 1.5 Lakhs plus which didnt include the labour costs. I asked him to tell his cousin to visit a private garage instead as it will surely save him a bit of money. But he is extremely paranoid about getting it fixed from a reliable place / guy. Hence, I went through the Team-BHP Directory and found this place.

Is he a reliable guy for Mercedes ? Also are there any other places in Mumbai which I can suggest him ? Will help a lot
AnniHilat0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 10:51   #48
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,044
Thanked: 1,665 Times
Default Re: Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Is he a reliable guy for Mercedes ? Also are there any other places in Mumbai which I can suggest him ? Will help a lot
Yes do suggest him. He will be very fair and honest to inform you if he can do the job or not. Also, he will also let you know what parts he is sourcing etc.


I just sent my Altis and Fortuner to him for front bumper repaint as they had developed a lot of scratches over the years. He outsources the painting and hence that is the only thing I am unsatisfied about. Although he does supervise it and is willing to get it repainted free of cost, the painter is beyond his control as it is a an outsourced workshop within his compound.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:42   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 291
Thanked: 202 Times
Default Re: Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Also are there any other places in Mumbai which I can suggest him ? Will help a lot
There is this guy called Hari in Chembur ( he used to operate from Worli few years back). DXB worked and returned to Mumbai many years ago. Imported a lot of equipment and readers related to imported cars. You can try him out. My uncles old E class was repaired by him on numerous occasions, till he sold it off.
His number is 9821154697.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2016, 12:56   #50
BHPian
 
AnniHilat0R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 220
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Yes do suggest him. He will be very fair and honest to inform you if he can do the job or not. Also, he will also let you know what parts he is sourcing etc.


I just sent my Altis and Fortuner to him for front bumper repaint as they had developed a lot of scratches over the years. He outsources the painting and hence that is the only thing I am unsatisfied about. Although he does supervise it and is willing to get it repainted free of cost, the painter is beyond his control as it is a an outsourced workshop within his compound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
There is this guy called Hari in Chembur ( he used to operate from Worli few years back). DXB worked and returned to Mumbai many years ago. Imported a lot of equipment and readers related to imported cars. You can try him out. My uncles old E class was repaired by him on numerous occasions, till he sold it off.
His number is 9821154697.
Thanks for the reply guys, I will surely convey this to my friend. Just one more thing, I recollect there being a workshop near Lilavati, Toyotech or something. Is that a better place than Select Auto Garage ? Just wanted to cross-check as I remember once I was at a pub next doors and he had an E63 and C63 AMG's being serviced there.
AnniHilat0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2016, 14:28   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
lamborghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,376
Thanked: 833 Times
Default Re: Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Thanks for the reply guys, I will surely convey this to my friend. Just one more thing, I recollect there being a workshop near Lilavati, Toyotech or something. Is that a better place than Select Auto Garage ? Just wanted to cross-check as I remember once I was at a pub next doors and he had an E63 and C63 AMG's being serviced there.
Hi,

Have heard only great things about Sunil. He worked on a friend's C200K suspension, as well as on another friend's Octavia TSi.
In a few months, I would like to ask him to help with regards to the Laura once it's out of warranty.

Regarding Hari: We used to send our cars to him, including the W211 & E60. He is very approachable, and by and large I've had no complaints.

However, in the case of Hari & Sunil - you would need to be a little more attentive, especially pertaining to the parts they use.

Toyato Tech - from what I hear, they're good, but expensive.
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 02:19   #52
BHPian
 
AnniHilat0R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 220
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Hi,

Have heard only great things about Sunil. He worked on a friend's C200K suspension, as well as on another friend's Octavia TSi.
In a few months, I would like to ask him to help with regards to the Laura once it's out of warranty.

Regarding Hari: We used to send our cars to him, including the W211 & E60. He is very approachable, and by and large I've had no complaints.

However, in the case of Hari & Sunil - you would need to be a little more attentive, especially pertaining to the parts they use.

Toyato Tech - from what I hear, they're good, but expensive.
Thanks for the suggestion lamborghini ! Will convey the same to my friend
AnniHilat0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2016, 17:25   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Thane
Posts: 60
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Hi,

Have heard only great things about Sunil. He worked on a friend's C200K suspension, as well as on another friend's Octavia TSi.
In a few months, I would like to ask him to help with regards to the Laura once it's out of warranty.

Regarding Hari: We used to send our cars to him, including the W211 & E60. He is very approachable, and by and large I've had no complaints.

However, in the case of Hari & Sunil - you would need to be a little more attentive, especially pertaining to the parts they use.

Toyato Tech - from what I hear, they're good, but expensive.
My Laura is due for a suspension overhaul and thinking of upgrading to B6. Additionally i also need someone for not just the mechanical changes but upgrading the steering wheel, changing control unit as well (which would require coding). Would Sunil be a good choice? I had a word with him sometime back but wasnt able to make it as i was travelling abroad.
Zubin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2016, 09:07   #54
BHPian
 
rahulskumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai)

Has anyone tried to replace 2007 Corolla dash ? Mine has come apart
As its nearing 10 years and covered 75000 kms , did like to do suspension overhaul/replacement ( never done it before ) , dashboard and few touch ups ( or repaint ) . I have a very emotional attachment with this car and dont want to sell it.

The dashboard issue came up due to repair work done by Lakozy , once it was removed , they could not place it properly
rahulskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 05:15   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dombivli/Gurgao
Posts: 2,532
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default Re: Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai)

The Accord is back with Select Auto, this time the rotors have to be replaced at the front. Was thinking of getting the headlights replaced too, but the outlay shoots above the budget available.

By the way the door to the compound has been painted red (maroon?), least people are confused.
Attached Thumbnails
Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai)-img_20161110_1152546342.jpg  

honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2016, 13:02   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NC / BOM
Posts: 1,560
Thanked: 1,091 Times
Default Re: Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai)

Is there an updated contact details for the garage? The cell number shared on the first post of this thread seems to be invalid while no one is picking up the landline number. Usual customers, any pointers? If you can PM me his contact number, it would be helpful.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2016, 15:37   #57
BHPian
 
Cyborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 320
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Is there an updated contact details for the garage? The cell number shared on the first post of this thread seems to be invalid while no one is picking up the landline number. Usual customers, any pointers? If you can PM me his contact number, it would be helpful.
Sunil's cel number is 9833885868.
The garage landline 24149910

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar moralfibre Commercial Vehicles 195 16th December 2016 23:25
Spare Parts : Chandrika Automobiles (Dadar, Mumbai) GTO Mumbai 0 28th April 2014 13:11
Car Audio - Chandrika Electronics (Dadar [W], Mumbai) aah78 Mumbai 10 25th October 2012 00:01
Used cars - Riddhi Siddhi (Dadar W, Mumbai) GTO Mumbai 3 1st April 2012 17:45
Sunil shetti's hummer Bob Super-Cars & Imports in India 4 21st September 2005 18:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks