Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Old 27th September 2016, 11:55   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Talking about Premji's Thane. Sharing 3 experiences spanned over last 3-4 months.

I doubt I would be using Premji's services again.
My office is close to Premji's shop and had visited there for enquiring about tyres. They dont have Michelins 215/55 R16 in stock and not sure when would it be available. They have Pirelli manufactured Aug/Sept 2015. Prices quoted are reasonable for Pirelli however Rs 500 more per tyre than what they had quoted 2-3 weeks back over phone. Still the prices are below MRP as per them. But after reading this review, I am confused. In the meantime a friend has shared contact details of Pal tyres. Awaiting revert from them.
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2016, 13:14   #107
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Reason 3 - He just took the payment and gave me a bill in an envelope. When I opened the envelope, the alignment report was missing. When I asked the owner about it, he said I should not worry as the alignment has been done properly. I told him "I still need the report for records sake". Then he said ...there is a problem with the printer. I asked him if he would be able to take it out of the system and email me. He said yes. So they can take out the report from that machine and there is another printer where they have just printed my bill, but they still haven't connected the dots. I was getting very late and asked them to send it by email and left my email id with them. Its been a week and that email is nowhere in sight.
I experience this particular issue last time when I had done my Punto's wheel alignment, there was no report attached to the bill. when enquired, they said the printer connected to the wheel alignment unit was malfunctioning. But they assured to send me the report at the earliest. A few calls later they sent me the report on Whatsapp fortunately.

I normally visit the place for the N2 filling once a month, but over the years the service has deteriorated. I had brought this to the notice of Mark, he said the continuous churning of the technicians to be the major reason. Heck ,they haven't even rectified the main entrance gate issue as yet which is a major source for scratches if one is not careful while entering. I am re thinking of my plans to buy tyres from them now.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 17:25   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
My office is close to Premji's shop and had visited there for enquiring about tyres. They dont have Michelins 215/55 R16 in stock and not sure when would it be available. They have Pirelli manufactured Aug/Sept 2015. Prices quoted are reasonable for Pirelli however Rs 500 more per tyre than what they had quoted 2-3 weeks back over phone. Still the prices are below MRP as per them. But after reading this review, I am confused. In the meantime a friend has shared contact details of Pal tyres. Awaiting revert from them.
I visited Premji's place after confirming on phone in the evening of 27th Sept. After handing over the car keys, I was asked to sit in the lounge but I insisted that I would check the tyres. To my horror, they had taken out P1 tyres from the stockyard instead of P7 and weight rating was lower than what I had asked for. I refused to buy them and got the work stopped. Manager apologised stating that as per inventory - it is showing P7 - 97Ws while in stock - tyres are different and the ones that I wanted, they had only 3 tyres available. I politely walked out.

Picked up tyres from PAL tyres yesterday through their Vashi shop- got them fitted . They have tied up with some other shop there for fitting, balancing and alignment. It was a fairly quick job and promptly done. However, there are 2 issues:
1. I have not got any warranty card yet. SMS/ phone calls are unanswered so far since, morning.
2. Wheel alignment job unsatisfactory . Will have to re-visit.

Last edited by shatrughna : 29th September 2016 at 17:27.
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2016, 18:08   #109
Senior - BHPian

Premjis is way too expensive for most things so I've stopped going there. I just got tyres from Pal tyres opera house too and it was the best deal and everything was fine. The vashi shop is Ajit tyres.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote