Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

View Poll Results: RIO Designs - Service Quality
Services Recommended 8 100.00%
Services Not Recommended 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5th July 2010, 10:04   #1
BHPian

Default Custom Bodykits : RIO Designs (Mumbai)

Services offered: Complete Body Kits (Bumpers, Side Skirts, Spoliers and Hood), Custom Paint Job, Interior Job (Dashboard Painting and Detailing), alloys painting etc

What I like: The best body kits I have seen till date. The guy has stuff for cars ranging from suzuki to porsche and bmw. The paint booth is state of the art and the paint job is top notch. The guy is very professional and delivers on the agreed date. No dilly dallies.

Pricing: Priced on a higher side but the quality of craftsmanship is exceptionally good. Doesnt charge a lot for maintainence like touch ups, mesh change and polishing work

What service I have used: I got a complete body kit for my OHC and also got it painted to mid night hawk (black). The car was a head turner.

Contact Information: RIO designs, Off Carter Road, Nargis Dutt Road, Bandra, Mumbai

Rehaan (Owner) - 09820076815
Shakeel - 02226460758

Last edited by GTO : 15th November 2012 at 13:48. Reason: Updating Number
honda_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 13:21   #2
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Custom Bodykits : RIO Designs (Mumbai)

Is RIO Design still functioning?
Can't get through the number.

I had inquired with a person who had got his car done from RIO and he said he closed down a while ago.
Also haven't seen any new designs from him.

By the way can any one provide the exact location details of RIO? (marking on Google Maps would be good)
I tried searching at Nargis Dutt road (this is where he is supposed to be located) but couldn't find any garage.

Also would he carry out just body work and paintjob on a stock car? No modifications needed as of now.
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 14:33   #3
BHPian

@SRK Did you try contacting on his mobile?

Source: Askme.com
?ushk@r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 16:56   #4
BHPian

Some pictures of the body kits would be appreciated...
mac187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 20:13   #5
SRK
Senior - BHPian

@?ushk@r: Thanks! I'll contact them later.

mac187: Hope this helps. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...sign-cars.html (Some Cool 'Rio Design' Cars.)

By the way, I did see a Cruze, A-star and an i10 on road sporting the Rio Badge. Doesn't look they have closed down, may their activities have gone down a bit.
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2013, 14:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well guys Rio Designs have definitely not closed down as I am writing my feedback having used their services just 3 days ago.

I have a Dark Black VW Polo 1.6 which is a year and a half old and about 08 months back had an unfortunate incident where a coconut palm happened to fall across the front of my car denting the bonnet and the front left and right panel. I gave it to the VW authorized service center to have it fixed. Even though the denting job got the car back to original, the paint did not have the original finish. The service center told me that since it is a repaint one can't expect a factory finish. I guessed he was right and accepted it but still had a doubt about this. I get my car detailed from Kamyo Detailers, and they told me that no amount of polishing can get the finish back to normal as they paint job is not up to the mark. So I either live with it or get it repainted. I decided to live with it but I just did not feel good every time I looked at the car. After all this is the face of the car we are talking about here!!!

So decided to give Rio Designs a shot with a repaint job. I did not know what to expect but I will let the pics do the talking. I have attached before and after pics so that one can make out the difference.

The first two pics are before and the last two pics are after.
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Bodykits : RIO Designs (Mumbai)-before-bonnet.jpg  

Custom Bodykits : RIO Designs (Mumbai)-before-fender.jpg  

Custom Bodykits : RIO Designs (Mumbai)-after-bonnet.jpg  

Custom Bodykits : RIO Designs (Mumbai)-after-fender.jpg  

Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2013, 15:50   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Epic, what is their pricing like? Hoping it was cheaper than the VW service center?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2013, 17:22   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post

Why are the first two pictures so blurred and out of focus, Can't make a real comparison with before and after. I guess it doesn't matter if your satisfied.
abishek2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2013, 17:48   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post

Well, in the first picture do you know why the circled parts look like a photoshop blur?
Custom Bodykits : RIO Designs (Mumbai)-before-bonnet.jpg
999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2013, 22:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Epic, what is their pricing like? Hoping it was cheaper than the VW service center?
They are expensive but believe me it is totally worth it. I never thought I would get the factory finish especially for a black color car. Paid 6.5k per panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Why are the first two pictures so blurred and out of focus, Can't make a real comparison with before and after. I guess it doesn't matter if your satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
Well, in the first picture do you know why the circled parts look like a photoshop blur?
Attachment 1135712
Photo was taken through my Galaxy S3 mobile phone. Don't know why you feel the pic is blurred or out of focus. Maybe some sort of reflection but definitely no photoshop if that is what you are implying. The panels were anyway dull and not like the rest of the car which had a deep gloss.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote