Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2012, 20:07   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 955
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Akshay, no I haven't. I'm in Bangalore now and will spend four days next in Chennai. Coming weekend is also loaded and I'll try to work out time with him for week after next. Of course I'll keep you in the loop. Thanks for helping me out.
>>>

Rudra Sen,

How do you do?
Are you planning to be here in Bombay soon?
I am planning to drive to Bangalore & back very very soon; meeting you will be a bonus.

Regards
issigonis

P.S. : My favourite detailing place remains Mazda Motors :-)

Last edited by issigonis : 3rd March 2012 at 20:08. Reason: Added a point
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 13:43   #32
BHPian
 
AkMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 768
Thanked: 928 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Does the "source of running water" have to be at ground level or they have extension pipes for water too in addition to electricity cable?
AkMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 11:55   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,604
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

These guys recently detailed the 458 Italia. Amazing!!

Album 7 Gallery 26 Outstanding Results | KAMYO - The Car Spa At Your Doorstep
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 09:35   #34
Team-BHP Support
 
Rudra Sen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,223
Thanked: 3,705 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Had a chat with Jehangir. Unfortunately they don't have any place to help me out. Though he said that he'll check but obviously he cannot promise anything. Initially they were using a gas station for homeless like us but that arrangement is not there anymore.

According to him it's a major issue in Mumbai.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 13:02   #35
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,912
Thanked: 4,614 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Had a chat with Jehangir. Unfortunately they don't have any place to help me out. Though he said that he'll check but obviously he cannot promise anything. Initially they were using a gas station for homeless like us but that arrangement is not there anymore.

According to him it's a major issue in Mumbai.
Rudra, get your car to my place and get the detailing done in my garage.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 15:04   #36
Team-BHP Support
 
Rudra Sen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,223
Thanked: 3,705 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Tejas, thanks a ton. Let me connect with you on this.

Today I got so frustrated that I took my car to Sachin of Rhyme & Rhythm. Couldn't tolerate those swirl marks. Let me see what he gives me back.

I'm not essentially happy with the place where he gets it done. Three kids were playing all around the car. One with a rusted mini cycle and dangerously close to the car.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 15:23   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,368
Thanked: 383 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Tejas, thanks a ton. Let me connect with you on this.

Today I got so frustrated that I took my car to Sachin of Rhyme & Rhythm. Couldn't tolerate those swirl marks. Let me see what he gives me back.

I'm not essentially happy with the place where he gets it done. Three kids were playing all around the car. One with a rusted mini cycle and dangerously close to the car.
So Mumbai did not take much time driving you nuts eh ? I am also looking to get the Civic a make over but need to arrange a place to get it done in powai !
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 15:54   #38
BHPian
 
Mad Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 260
Thanked: 308 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Tejas, thanks a ton. Let me connect with you on this.

Today I got so frustrated that I took my car to Sachin of Rhyme & Rhythm. Couldn't tolerate those swirl marks. Let me see what he gives me back.

I'm not essentially happy with the place where he gets it done. Three kids were playing all around the car. One with a rusted mini cycle and dangerously close to the car.
contact me if you need a place in colaba to use to get the work done .
Mad Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 06:38   #39
BHPian
 
fre2bpowerless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 257
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Got the A4 detailed today, I can happily drive my car another 2 years if not more
fre2bpowerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 08:20   #40
Team-BHP Support
 
Rudra Sen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,223
Thanked: 3,705 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
I can happily drive my car another 2 years if not more
No car detailing lasts that long. You need to do that on a regular basis. Greatly depends on how you maintain your car too.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 05:23   #41
BHPian
 
fre2bpowerless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 257
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
No car detailing lasts that long. You need to do that on a regular basis. Greatly depends on how you maintain your car too.
I'll explain it to you, my car looks so good that i dont have the urge to upgrade and can happily make do with her for another two years.

My cars are detailed every 3-4 months.

P.S. Why can't you guys get your cars detailed in your society premises?

Last edited by fre2bpowerless : 22nd March 2012 at 05:26.
fre2bpowerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:06   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,604
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
P.S. Why can't you guys get your cars detailed in your society premises?
They need a continous supply of running water which unfortunately even I am not having in my parking area in the society. I have been wanting to fix an appointment with Kamyo but it's not happening due to this problem.
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:21   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 955
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
They need a continous supply of running water which unfortunately even I am not having in my parking area in the society. I have been wanting to fix an appointment with Kamyo but it's not happening due to this problem.
>>>

Z,

Any way that we can compare K and Mazda? With all the enthusiastic thumbs up by hard core auto nuts here, I am faltering a bit re. Mazda. Will have to get the car detailed in April.

Regards
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:28   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,604
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

Z,

Any way that we can compare K and Mazda? With all the enthusiastic thumbs up by hard core auto nuts here, I am faltering a bit re. Mazda. Will have to get the car detailed in April.

Regards
If you haven't tried Kamyo yet, then I feel you should once. I have seen some amazing results from them. Fellow member and friend, Xehaust, had got his old black Verna detailed and it certainly looked like something just out of the showroom. The level of detaling is really good
theragingbull is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:52   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,065
Thanked: 1,989 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I am also looking to get the Civic a make over but need to arrange a place to get it done in powai !
I guess, near our area, we have only RON & WALTERS as mentioned here (Ron & Walters anyone?).

No personal experience though.

We also have 3M in Andheri (W), first shop inside Laxmi Industrial Estate.

Other than that, I am unaware of anything in Powai. Next option is to go to Thane!
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Professional Car Detailing - Sparkle Detailing (Delhi) tsk13 Delhi NCR 11 22nd October 2016 08:34
Car Detailing : Car Parlour (Mulund, Mumbai) kailashnj Mumbai 17 9th August 2012 13:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks