Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 24th November 2011, 00:11   #1486
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
I got another call today. They want us to wait since the unit is still being tested for functionality apparently. I don't know why this is necessary since its from Hyundai itself. Either ways I'm expecting a call on monday.
Had the first service yesterday at 1497 Kms. Zero expense. Saw the security add on. Its for all models other than SX(O).

On another note, the car perfume which Hyundai supplied leaked from the top and spoilt the panel around the AC vents in the centre. It was them who had fixed it there at the time of delivery and I had neither removed it nor changed its position till date.

Brought this to the notice of the service advisor. First, they said it was as if someone had scratched it with some heavy object and the panel has been chipped. So cannot be changed under warranty. Totally lost it when they said that. Just asked him if he was inferring that I was lying and who would be mad enough to do that in their new car!

He called his Manager and after a quick word with him, they have assured that the part will be replaced. Unfortunately, they will have to order the panel from Chennai which will take about 10 days to reach Sharayu Hyundai.

Let's see how this turns out. Hopefully this will be changed w/o further hassle.
Shome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 00:16   #1487
BHPian

Could someone who's over 6ft comment on the comfort level of the back seat..how bad is it (i know it's bad)
bhatiagagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 00:52   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatiagagan View Post
Could someone who's over 6ft comment on the comfort level of the back seat..how bad is it (i know it's bad)
Not, it's not! My friend is 6'3" tall and the drivers seat is pushed all the way back. Compare that to the co-passengers seat in the last pic which is all the way infront

We travelled from Navi Mumbai to Khandala through the ghats, bad roads etc and he was quite comfortable during the journey. The ride quality was good and he had adequate leg space.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-imag0603.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-imag0604.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-imag0605.jpg  

Old 24th November 2011, 01:06   #1489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Had the first service yesterday at 1497 Kms. Zero expense. Saw the security add on. Its for all models other than SX(O).

On another note, the car perfume which Hyundai supplied leaked from the top and spoilt the panel around the AC vents in the centre. It was them who had fixed it there at the time of delivery and I had neither removed it nor changed its position till date.

Brought this to the notice of the service advisor. First, they said it was as if someone had scratched it with some heavy object and the panel has been chipped. So cannot be changed under warranty. Totally lost it when they said that. Just asked him if he was inferring that I was lying and who would be mad enough to do that in their new car!

He called his Manager and after a quick word with him, they have assured that the part will be replaced. Unfortunately, they will have to order the panel from Chennai which will take about 10 days to reach Sharayu Hyundai.

Let's see how this turns out. Hopefully this will be changed w/o further hassle.
Sorry about this unfortunate incident . I think you should throw away the free stuff and carefully choose the freshner that you would like to put in your car. Stay away from the usual Ambi pur types, its plain unhealthy and causes plastic damage as its corrosive ! Hope the spill didn't damage your car HU , just have it checked as an added precaution.

I use Sheldan in my car and as an added precaution have stuck it to the parcel tray just behind one of the headrests - so it does not interfere with the IRVM
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 01:14   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Sorry about this unfortunate incident . I think you should throw away the free stuff and carefully choose the freshner that you would like to put in your car. Stay away from the usual Ambi pur types, its plain unhealthy and causes plastic damage as its corrosive ! Hope the spill didn't damage your car HU , just have it checked as an added precaution.

I use Sheldan in my car and as an added precaution have stuck it to the parcel tray just behind one of the headrests - so it does not interfere with the IRVM
Thankfully the HU is fine.

For the time being I am going to give the freshner a miss. Car smells pretty okay as I rarely drive with the windows down. But I will remember Sheldan for a future buy.

Thanks for the tip on the parcel tray bro! Although I was under the impression that the ideal place for the freshner would be next to the vents as the airflow is max there. But I guess this position will still work fine.
Old 24th November 2011, 01:24   #1491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thankfully the HU is fine.

For the time being I am going to give the freshner a miss. Car smells pretty okay as I rarely drive with the windows down. But I will remember Sheldan for a future buy.

Thanks for the tip on the parcel tray bro! Although I was under the impression that the ideal place for the freshner would be next to the vents as the airflow is max there. But I guess this position will still work fine.
Learnt it the hard way , my swift's dash has permanent stain from Ambi Pur drips, you can go through the following thread on TBHP too http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...e-harmful.html (Is Ambipur in-car perfume harmful?)
For gel based freshners like Sheldan , one need not put it near the blower.
Cheers
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 06:32   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Not, it's not! My friend is 6'3" tall and the drivers seat is pushed all the way back. Compare that to the co-passengers seat in the last pic which is all the way infront

We travelled from Navi Mumbai to Khandala through the ghats, bad roads etc and he was quite comfortable during the journey. The ride quality was good and he had adequate leg space.
Just my personal opinion, but was the question around leg space or under-thigh support in the rear seat? Even the official TBHP review had I think said that the under-thigh support in the rear seat is suspect for long drives. I also found the same when I had checked the car out though I guess it would be purely subjective and will vary from person to person. Even in my Vento I sometimes feel that the under-thigh support could have been a tad better.
samarjitdhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 11:06   #1493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Just my personal opinion, but was the question around leg space or under-thigh support in the rear seat? Even the official TBHP review had I think said that the under-thigh support in the rear seat is suspect for long drives. I also found the same when I had checked the car out though I guess it would be purely subjective and will vary from person to person. Even in my Vento I sometimes feel that the under-thigh support could have been a tad better.
Well, the under-thigh support is inadequate but not bad. And yes, for the taller amongst our species, the lack of it will be more pronounced. Headroom though for the taller people is a little less as evident from the pics. On really bad roads, it will affect. I was more worried about all the gel he uses spoiling my upholstery
Old 25th November 2011, 00:05   #1494
MAS
Senior - BHPian

One of my close friend owns a Verna SX(O) CRDI. Last week when he opened the bonnet to check fluid levels, the right side top end of the bonnet somehow got stuck under the A pillar resulting in a dent on the bonnet and the A pillar. He had given it for repairs and after a lot of hue and cry, the repair work was done under warranty. Sorry, no pictures. My friend was very upset with this incident as he and 3 of his relatives had to muscle the bonnet to close. I had accompanied him to the service centre (Susee, Vellore) to check the car today. I was shocked to see the shabby paint job which had left lots of bubbles and rough paint particles on the repaired surface.

My friend had also complained about his car crashing into pot holes and an unsettled ride. I quizzed the service manager about tightening the spring coils as I had read it in this thread. He replied that two Hyundai engineers visited them today with a set of new coil springs. The coils were fitted to their test car and the drive proved to be more comfortable. According to him, Hyundai will send them the new springs "FOC" for replacing them in those cars which have this complaint. The manager said that 4 other customers had the same complaint. Guys, pl check if any such information is available with your dealers.

The manager also informed me that Hyundai have also asked them to replace one of the battery terminals under warranty as it was defective. Kindly check this with your respective dealers.

If Hyundai can get their suspension set up right, they would attract a larger number audience.
MAS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 09:42   #1495

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
One of my close friend owns a Verna SX(O) CRDI. Last week when he opened the bonnet to check fluid levels, the right side top end of the bonnet somehow got stuck under the A pillar resulting in a dent on the bonnet and the A pillar. He had given it for repairs and after a lot of hue and cry, the repair work was done under warranty. Sorry, no pictures. My friend was very upset with this incident as he and 3 of his relatives had to muscle the bonnet to close. I had accompanied him to the service centre (Susee, Vellore) to check the car today. I was shocked to see the shabby paint job which had left lots of bubbles and rough paint particles on the repaired surface.

My friend had also complained about his car crashing into pot holes and an unsettled ride. I quizzed the service manager about tightening the spring coils as I had read it in this thread. He replied that two Hyundai engineers visited them today with a set of new coil springs. The coils were fitted to their test car and the drive proved to be more comfortable. According to him, Hyundai will send them the new springs "FOC" for replacing them in those cars which have this complaint. The manager said that 4 other customers had the same complaint. Guys, pl check if any such information is available with your dealers.

The manager also informed me that Hyundai have also asked them to replace one of the battery terminals under warranty as it was defective. Kindly check this with your respective dealers.

If Hyundai can get their suspension set up right, they would attract a larger number audience.
I've also been hearing the sound from the front suspension. Will surely check with my Dealer. Thanks
ankitchhabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 13:21   #1496

Just called up my SA at Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum. I told him about the new coil springs being put by Hyundai on their test cars. He wasn't aware of anything on that front. He told he would check and get back. He came back in 10 mins (has been very prompt till date) saying that Hyundai is not changing spring coils but Hyundai is running a campaign now to tighten the bolts of lower arm and one more component, whose name I cannot recollect now. He told me that this would take less than 30 mins once the car is in the bay. He assured that the ride would be better with this change and told there would be no other issues because of this tightening.

I was thinking of taking my car for doing this over the weekend. Folks, is it safe doing this change?
manumike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 14:26   #1497
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike View Post
Just called up my SA at Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum. I told him about the new coil springs being put by Hyundai on their test cars. He wasn't aware of anything on that front. He told he would check and get back. He came back in 10 mins (has been very prompt till date) saying that Hyundai is not changing spring coils but Hyundai is running a campaign now to tighten the bolts of lower arm and one more component, whose name I cannot recollect now. He told me that this would take less than 30 mins once the car is in the bay. He assured that the ride would be better with this change and told there would be no other issues because of this tightening.

I was thinking of taking my car for doing this over the weekend. Folks, is it safe doing this change?
Thanks for updating. I will be visiting Vellore next week and will check with the Service Manager. His claim of the change of coil springs was very authentic or may be he has perfected his way to convince customers.

I would suggest you to go ahead and tighten the bolts. I am not sure how this would improve the ride. But, in case you are not happy with it, you can always loosen them. Keep us updated.
MAS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 18:23   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
I tried with a 4 gb transcend pendrive, but the problem still persists. Interestingly enough the HP ( small one) 4 gb & transcend 4 gb behaved differently in the same music system. I fail to understand the reason. Find below the difference.

HP (Small size) 4 GB

1.The song starts where it had stopped which is more convenient.
2. After starting the car, you have to swich on the system to listen the music even when the pen drive is in the slot.

Transcend(regular size) 4 GB

1. Always it starts from the beginning

2. Here it starts playing automatically if pen drive is in the slot once you start the car

Thanks
I use a Sandisk 8 GB pen drive and have never had any problems. It always goes back to the last song played. There are a lot of fake pen drives in the market, please ensure you buy from a reputed store.

PS: This is the one I have > Flipkart.com: Sandisk Cruzer Blade 8 GB: Pendrive

Quote:
Can someone share more details about the security module. I might go for it at the 5k service next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatiagagan View Post
Trust me, the back seat discomfort is overrated. A softly sprung car will always have a few advantages. There is adequate legroom (We are 3 brothers, all over 6' tall) for tall people. Some people have a slight issue with the narrow rear windows, but the majority do not. And the rear seats of a Swift are much more claustrophobic compared to a Verna, trust me I own both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike View Post
Just called up my SA at Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum. I told him about the new coil springs being put by Hyundai on their test cars. He wasn't aware of anything on that front. He told he would check and get back. He came back in 10 mins (has been very prompt till date) saying that Hyundai is not changing spring coils but Hyundai is running a campaign now to tighten the bolts of lower arm and one more component, whose name I cannot recollect now. He told me that this would take less than 30 mins once the car is in the bay. He assured that the ride would be better with this change and told there would be no other issues because of this tightening. I was thinking of taking my car for doing this over the weekend. Folks, is it safe doing this change?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Thanks for updating. I will be visiting Vellore next week and will check with the Service Manager. His claim of the change of coil springs was very authentic or may be he has perfected his way to convince customers.

I would suggest you to go ahead and tighten the bolts. I am not sure how this would improve the ride. But, in case you are not happy with it, you can always loosen them. Keep us updated.
Going for 5k service on Saturday, will inquire with Hans Hyundai in Delhi and update here.

On another note, what psi is everyone filling up their tyres? My car came with 40 PSI from the showroom but have been filling up to 36 PSI, slightly better ride now. At 40 PSI, there was slight intrusion when going over speed bumps but at 36 the car feels better.
wolfff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 19:08   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfff View Post
Going for 5k service on Saturday, will inquire with Hans Hyundai in Delhi and update here.
What service is at 5k? AFAIK the second service is at 10k. Are you getting it done early or did I miss a service?

Quote:
On another note, what psi is everyone filling up their tyres? My car came with 40 PSI from the showroom but have been filling up to 36 PSI, slightly better ride now. At 40 PSI, there was slight intrusion when going over speed bumps but at 36 the car feels better.
The company rated fill pressure is 32. I fill 31. Ride quality is good and handling is not compromised.
Tassem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 20:57   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone share more details about the security module. I might go for it at the 5k service next week.

The 2nd service is at 10k or 12 months which ever is earlier. I maintain company recommened 32 psi & I am ok with it.

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   Reply With Quote