Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 9th May 2012, 20:11   #1651
AWD
BANNED

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

I test drove the Verna 1.6 crdi the other day. The car looks good, interiors are comfy & plush. The few -ves that I could spot:
- Front suspension crashes over sharp potholes really badly.
- No telescopic steering.
- Over-servoed steering.
- Handling doesn't inspire any confidence.

While I liked the feature packed middle variant that comes with Reverse camera - a very handy feature, ABS, Alloys, etc.
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 12:24   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Just go an enjoy the ride. You will love it.
Thanks mate. I was also planning to compare Verna with City and Linea. Got go pro camera, so it is going to fun filming how these cars fair at speeds on a patchy highway .
ecenandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 17:51   #1653
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by igsuresh View Post
Hi Manson ... What discounts/freebies are you getting. Hyundai's site gives the price for 1.6 diesel SX at 10.28L for Mumbai. I suppose that's not the most recent prices. Could you share the breakup of the total on-road cost, if you don't mind
Hyundai mostly would have ex - showroom mumbai prices on its website. There are zilch discounts on the Verna diesel variants, not even on the insurance it seems. I managed a 10.00% rate of interest though.
My Verna cost me 11.64L on road Mumbai. This was post excise hike & old rate of road tax price. The Verna would have cost me say 40K more if I would have had it registered a day later.
I paid 4.5K extra for 0 depriciation and 5K for a choice registration number in order.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 21:30   #1654

Smile Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Did my third and last free service today. Current odo reading is ~20k. Total cost came to Rs. 4090. I checked with the SA as to how much the paid service would amount to. He said it would come around six grand.

Tomorrow, I will be completing one year of ownership.
manumike is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 05:40   #1655
Senior - BHPian

I test drove 2 cars yesterday - for my company which is planning to buy vehicles for the local & Bangalore offices. One of them was the diesel automatic Verna - which was tried for the Bangalore requirement, considering the traffic conditions there. Driving it in town was pretty easy - the engine packed enough power. Suspension was also good enough (the car I drove had done about 3000 kms - apparently it was the dealer's car). When compared to the Honda City in terms of space & comfort, I found it a bit lacking - especially the rear seats with inadequate thigh support. I couldn't figure out why they had a + & - mode on D - the salesman was not able to answer the query.
As far as FE was concerned, the salesman claimed it was giving around 14 kms per litre in town - I would discount this by a couple of kms (in start stop traffic).
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 18:27   #1656
Senior - BHPian

The Verna Diesel Automatic is expected to be available in lower 1.6 variants as well (as per ACI). Peruse the link below:

Verna diesel 1.6 to get lower auto variant - News - Autocar India

Hyundai is trying all tricks in its arsenal to keep competition away, as it made the reversing camera standard on all variants & now automatic gearbox on the lower diesel variants.

I wish they try to sell more of the 1.4 (Petrol & Diesel) Vernas as well.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 18:53   #1657
BHPian

Does Verna 1.6 Crdi Base model has multi function display like engine running time, DTE,Avarage Etc?
Verna owners or other experts,please confirm.
h.s.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 00:04   #1658
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
The Verna Diesel Automatic is expected to be available in lower 1.6 variants as well (as per ACI). Peruse the link below:

Verna diesel 1.6 to get lower auto variant - News - Autocar India
I, for one, certainly welcome this move. An SX CRDi A/T is perfect without the additional features one hardly needs. Especially now that road tax, and other fleecing methods have only become more expensive.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 19th May 2012 at 00:05.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 23:09   #1659
BHPian

Hi All,

I have zeroed down on Fluidic Verna SX CRDI - Carbon Grey.
I enquired a couple of dealers today and also took a test drive too.
Almost all dealers are giving 1 month waiting period.

However, Koncept Hyundai Green Park has also proposed to give immediate delivery if I buy some accesories worth 20k. Since I am ready to wait for a month, I think I wont be buyin any accesories.

Koncept Hyundai is also offering me zero depreciation insurance at the cost of normal insurance (~32k). Apart from this, no discounts.

Please let me know if this is a decent enough deal or you know of any other dealers who can give better ones.

Thanks!
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 08:45   #1660

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Hi All,

Koncept Hyundai is also offering me zero depreciation insurance at the cost of normal insurance (~32k). Apart from this, no discounts.

Please let me know if this is a decent enough deal or you know of any other dealers who can give better ones.

Thanks!
32k for zero depreciation insurance does not look that mouth watering. When I bought my verna CRDI SX(O) an year ago, normal insurance quote was 29k. Two weeks back when I renewed my insurance, I moved to zero depreciation. My premium was 27k for an IDV value of 8.6L.
manumike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 14:31   #1661
BHPian

1.6 base variant has been removed and a new variant has been added as 1.6 EX in which rear view camera has been added. i was told few more features is also been added in EX model.

The first variant in the image is 1.4 which does not have rear view camera
Attached Images

Last edited by deepak_ms : 29th May 2012 at 14:49.
deepak_ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 17:00   #1662
BHPian

Today booked my New Fluidic Verna SX (O) black color. The dealer has promised delivery time of 3-4 weeks.

The color looks great especially the clear lens Headlights and the alloy wheels look much better on the black vehicle.
CRDIsamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 18:30   #1663
BHPian

Looking for a diesel sedan. Usage 1,200Kms per month, 50% highway.
I recently test drove the Nissan Sunny XV Diesel, Skoda Rapid Ambition and Hyundai 1.6 CDRi VGT.
The Nissan Sunny is packed with features and I liked it. Back legroom is awesome. However, the power seems less and I did not like the braking at all. OTR Mumbai comes to 10.89Lacs
The Skoda Rapid is good too. My dad liked this. But no steering controls. Rear middle floor hump very pronounced. Good brakes and good power. OTR Mumbai 10.4Lacs.
Lastly took TD of Verna 1.6 CRdi Ex (with reverse camera). I really liked it. Excellent look, good power. Brakes were not the best but much better than Sunny. OTR Mumbai 11.20Lacs.
My dad would prefer Rapid and I would the Verna.
The reason why I am posting in Verna section is I would like to know if the warranty makes any difference. Skoda giving 2+2yrs and 80K Kms warranty with first service at 15K directly. Hyundai giving just 2+1yrs and 60K kms warranty with 1.5K, 6K and 10K(or 15K, don't remember) services. Are more services better or does it mean they are not sure of the engine?
What is the advice on buying Rapid vs Verna?
jesrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 18:55   #1664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I couldn't figure out why they had a + & - mode on D - the salesman was not able to answer the query.
Since it was the Automatic, this is the Triptronic. It is unbelievable that the salesman did not know about it!!!

Sliding the gear lever sideways to the +- position will engage the triptronic (or manual override) and you can change gears by simply moving gear lever towards + or -. In ANHC you have paddle shifters to do that.
joslicx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 20:28   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Since it was the Automatic, this is the Triptronic. It is unbelievable that the salesman did not know about it!!!

Sliding the gear lever sideways to the +- position will engage the triptronic (or manual override) and you can change gears by simply moving gear lever towards + or -. In ANHC you have paddle shifters to do that.
Thanks a lot friend! I'm equally surprised that the salesman didn't know about it. I guess sales of automatic Verna diesels from his outlet would be virtually zero.
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote