Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 11th June 2012, 19:20   #1681
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Finally my new Black Fluidic Verna SX(O) CRDi arrived at the dealership today. Went and saw the vehicle personally checked it and will be taking the delivery tommorrow. Bythat time here are afew pics of my black beauty.
Attached Images

CRDIsamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2012, 11:23   #1682
BHPian

Looks like Hyundai has quietly added some features into Fluidic. Couple of changes that I've noticed from my version of Verna:
1) There are some changes to the Climate Control Display.
2) The MID has been changed, now you see the "Door Open" message on the MID along with which door is open.
3) One of the Technicians at Hyundai mentioned that the suspension of the new Vernas is a tad stiffer from the 2011 Fluidics.
junkishya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 20:12   #1683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDIsamir View Post
Finally my new Black Fluidic Verna SX(O) CRDi arrived at the dealership today. Went and saw the vehicle personally checked it and will be taking the delivery tommorrow. Bythat time here are afew pics of my black beauty.
Hope you had taken the exhaustive TBHP PDI checklist along with you, when you did the inspection. Anyways by now you must have taken the delivery of your black beauty, hearty congratulations. Can you please share your delivery experience? Also please do share a lot of photographs, I haven't seen much black fluidic Verna's at least here on TBHP. How has been your initial experience with the car?
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 21:39   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hope you had taken the exhaustive TBHP PDI checklist along with you, when you did the inspection. Anyways by now you must have taken the delivery of your black beauty, hearty congratulations. Can you please share your delivery experience? Also please do share a lot of photographs, I haven't seen much black fluidic Verna's at least here on TBHP. How has been your initial experience with the car?

Yes I had the PDI list with me when I checked the car. The last week was a bit busy for me. On wednesday I had a double surprise. My son passed his 10th std exams in distinction and of course the much awaited Fluidic Verna also arrived home on the same day.

Yes the black color looks stunning on the vehicle. Especially the alloy wheels and the chrome door handles show their prominence more on this color.

I have driven the Verna for 300 kms so far and am loving every bit of it.
Posting a few more pics of my black beauty
Attached Images

CRDIsamir is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 21:55   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I had the PDI list with me when I checked the car. The last week was a bit busy for me. On wednesday I had a double surprise. My son passed his 10th std exams in distinction and of course the much awaited Fluidic Verna also arrived home on the same day.
Double congratulations, first for your son for passing the SSC exam in distinction & second of course for your Verna.

Quote:
Yes the black color looks stunning on the vehicle. Especially the alloy wheels and the chrome door handles show their prominence more on this color. I have driven the Verna for 300 kms so far and am loving every bit of it. Posting a few more pics of my black beauty
Thanks for sharing the pictures, black looks gorgeous. Can you please give the break-up (ex-showroom price & the various other charges)
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 22:40   #1686
BHPian

Today I took my new Fluidic Verna for a drive of about 150 kms. The road with lot of traffic. Could not take the speeds above 100kph. Had apply a urgent brake on one occassion. Here are my few points on the vehicle which I liked and not.

Features I liked,

1. nice modern looks
2. adequete lights.
3. smart key very convinient to use to.
4. Supervision cluster is great looking.
5. Driver seat nice for me and my height.
all controls within easy reach.
6. nice to have a 6th gear in the box. very useful on highway cruising.
7. the cars giving me good FE. already it is showing 18kmpl with nin the first tank full. still half a tank to go. I think it should settle somewhere around 20.
8. Alloys and the chrome handles look great on my black color
Drove the car today for about 150kms. Speeds around 100kmph I thought the car behaved very well. Though I have yet to drive her above 100kph to get the boat like feel.
9. Also today I had to apply a urgent brake on one occassion. The car was fully under control. The ABS doing its duty
10. The auto folding mirror is a very nice feature very useful in parking the car. I am having my electric mirrors on my Tata Indigo SX broken at my own parking space beacuse they could not be folded.
11. Good music system with bluetooth, USB & Aux. Could connect my phones easily. Also the pendrive working without any problem.
12. The spare wheel is also a Alloy and thanks for that. Vento has a steel wheel which is also 1 inch less then the regular 4 wheels.
13. Nice and big boot.
14. Reverse assist system is aboon to park.
15.The engine is super silent. You just do not hear any engine noise when the car is on the move.

Features I did not like or missed on my Fluidic Verna

1. Auto windows up and down on all the 4 windows.
2. I would have preffered the twin barrel headlights like those on the new I20.
3. Auto headlights and rain sensing wipers as on new I20

The car is still new and am exploring it. Will update regularly along with pics

Thanks & regards

Samir
CRDIsamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 23:17   #1687
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new possession. Would suggest you to start a new ownership thread and update it with these details. How did you find the handling of the car, high speed stability and composure. Older Fluidic cars had complaints of crashing into pot jokes. How is your car behaving? Did Hyundai work on improving the suspension?
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 20:16   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
Looks like Hyundai has quietly added some features into Fluidic. Couple of changes that I've noticed from my version of Verna:
1) There are some changes to the Climate Control Display.
2) The MID has been changed, now you see the "Door Open" message on the MID along with which door is open.
3) One of the Technicians at Hyundai mentioned that the suspension of the new Vernas is a tad stiffer from the 2011 Fluidics.
Dont know what changes you are talking about in the climate control, but the MID is different in the pics because they are from SX(O) model.
If yours is not SX(O), then nothing has changed. I bought my Verna this month and mine is a SX and does not have the door open type MID.

I really hope what you said about the suspension is right ... but i am almost sure it is not.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 08:02   #1689
BHPian

Guys,

Does anybody know what file system should the pen drive be formatted to be used through USB port in Fluidic?

My pen drive is currently NTFS formatted and the HU says it is empty.
Old 28th June 2012, 15:36   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Guys,

Does anybody know what file system should the pen drive be formatted to be used through USB port in Fluidic?

My pen drive is currently NTFS formatted and the HU says it is empty.
Guys,

I was able to sort out the pen drive issue by formatting my pen drive to FAT32 format.

Now, I have another problem.
I got the fist service done today and I requested the service centre to enable speed sensing auto lock. They also confirmed that its a 2 min. job and they will get it done.

However, when trying to enable it after connecting this deivce called "GScan", the car was throwing error: "This Feature is not supported."
The guy tried out several things but was not able to get around this error.

In the end he called someone who he said was from Hyundai warranty dept, and that person said this feautre is no longer present in Verna SX.

The serivce centre guy was also surprised since he told me that he has hiself enabled this on many fluidic vernas.

Can someone give any pointers, how to get around this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st July 2012, 15:38   #1691

Have ordered my CRDi SX(O) Purple Fantasia around 20th June and expecting delivery somewhere around July end though they have given a tentative delivery date of 10th July. Will be updating here with pictures when the baby comes home.
Imrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 22:02   #1692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrahn View Post
Have ordered my CRDi SX(O) Purple Fantasia around 20th June and expecting delivery somewhere around July end though they have given a tentative delivery date of 10th July. Will be updating here with pictures when the baby comes home.

Congrats Imrahn for booking your new Hyundai Verna SX(O). The SX(O) has many more features which the SE sometimes dont tell you or try to force you on booking the SX version. Anyway now this is real testing time for your patience. Please dont forget to visit the dealer the day when your baby comes and if possible take the pics of your babe getting out of the container.

I got delivery of my car within 15 days. Mine is also SX(O) black CRDi. Waiting for your pics and your first impression.

By the way my thread on ownership is under assemblyl line and will be published soon.

Regards
CRDIsamir is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 22:56   #1693

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDIsamir

Congrats Imrahn for booking your new Hyundai Verna SX(O). The SX(O) has many more features which the SE sometimes dont tell you or try to force you on booking the SX version. Anyway now this is real testing time for your patience. Please dont forget to visit the dealer the day when your baby comes and if possible take the pics of your babe getting out of the container.

I got delivery of my car within 15 days. Mine is also SX(O) black CRDi. Waiting for your pics and your first impression.

By the way my thread on ownership is under assemblyl line and will be published soon.

Regards
Samir bhai ,

Thanx for the wishes regarding the waiting, have a gut feeling I would be needing lots of that considering Verna's waiting periods, haha
By the way, I had to face the exact situation u have mentioned above - I was pressed to book an SX in place of SX(O) but i was damn adamant about my choice of model as well as color.They were quoting very low availability of SX(O) as reason, but I said I won't be able to sleep if I go for an SX, missing the various options.

Really hoping against hope they would stick to the delivery dates,a week or two delay is fine with me and I have hardened my heart for it haha I got a strong contact(like family strong) with the owner of this particular dealership and as such, hoping he can help me with a quick delivery.They would be calling for PDI as soon as its here and I would be taking her home the very earliest moment as I have seen these dealerships giving vehicles awaiting delivery being used for TD,owing to customer pressure.

Regards
Imrahn
Imrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:07   #1694
BHPian

Does anyone own a Fluidic Diesel AT in this Forum? I really need to know more about this as I am considering this as an option now. Please assist.

Mods: Apologies for a one-liner without much value. But I need some inputs.

Thanks in advance.
bsdbsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 00:06   #1695
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Does anyone own a Fluidic Diesel AT in this Forum? I really need to know more about this as I am considering this as an option now. Please assist.

Mods: Apologies for a one-liner without much value. But I need some inputs.

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, the only Bhpian I've spotted with an autobox Verna Fluidic Diesel was someone who sold it in a couple of weeks and less than a 1000 kms!
On a brighter note though, Dbhpian Flying Spur was scratching his head over an autobox Verna Diesel till a few weeks ago and I reckon he should be able to give you some insight on it.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote