Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 26th July 2012, 16:06   #1711
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

What do you guys think about the 1.4 CRDi EX variant? Its got every required feature, better FE and priced at 8.5 ex-showroom Pune. Another advantage is the waiting period is far shorter on this variant.

Has anyone TDed the 1.4 CRDi? Is the engine horribly underpowered or good enough?
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 16:33   #1712
BHPian

Has anyone installed the add on security module? I enquired a few dealers in Delhi and none of them have a clue about its existence.
Although it is listed on HMIL website. When i call Hyundai customer care, they asked me to contact dealer. :(
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 23:53   #1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
What do you guys think about the 1.4 CRDi EX variant? Its got every required feature, better FE and priced at 8.5 ex-showroom Pune. Another advantage is the waiting period is far shorter on this variant.

Has anyone TDed the 1.4 CRDi? Is the engine horribly underpowered or good enough?
While the features of 1.4 EX and 1.6 EX are same, you'll get a powerful and better engine for approx 25K increase! Here down south, only the SX model has waiting period and both these EX models are available off the shelf.
texmonster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 19:41   #1714

Can anyone plz share the 'J' reading of the SX(O) 16inch alloy? like 5.5j or 6j or something other?Am going for a wheel cum tire hunt tomorrow and would like to know more specifics on the stock fitting other than 195/55 R16.

Thanx in advance and looking for a quick response.

Regards
Imrahn
Imrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 00:38   #1715

When i inquired at the showroom regarding tire up-sizing to 17", they said the "Steering Warranty" might get compromised.Just sharing the info here, and would appreciate if anyone else could confirm this from their respective dealers, as I was looking for a similar up-size.
Imrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 23:57   #1716
BHPian

I have a couple of doubts pertaining to ANHV 1.6 SX CRDi :

1. Does the SX version have the feature wherein the doors get automatically locked & unlocked once the engine is turned on and off respectively

2. How does the gear shift recommendation work? Does it recommend both the up shift & down shift of gears. In my car i get indication only for up shift and not for down shift of gears. During my extremely limited driving experience of this car, i have only seen up shift recommendation and nothing for down shift. Is something wrong here? Does the down shift recommendation kick in only after a certain gear (like indication to change from from 4 to 3 and not from 3 to 2)

Requesting existing 1.6 SX CRDi owners to respond.

Thanks
champ27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 15:23   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27 View Post
1. Does the SX version have the feature wherein the doors get automatically locked & unlocked once the engine is turned on and off respectively

2. How does the gear shift recommendation work? Does it recommend both the up shift & down shift of gears. ...

Thanks
Well, though I have a 1.6 Petrol SX(O)...here's what I have observed

1. The doors lock on reaching about 15 kmph. I believe the autolock is there only on SX(O) version. There is no auto lock/unlock on engine on/off.

2. Though I very rarely look at it, I have noticed the gear shift recommendation does show both upshift and downshift.
Fusion2006 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 18:10   #1718

I have a diesel SX(O). Gear shift recommendations shows both upshift and downshift. Downshift recommendation is shown when you slow down but forget to downshift. For e.g. you were cruising at 80 kmph in 5th gear and you slowed to 50 kmph. In that case, the gear shift recommendation shows you to downshift to 4th gear. This works at all speeds and between all gears.
manumike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 18:40   #1719
BHPian

Quote:
I have a couple of doubts pertaining to ANHV 1.6 SX CRDi :

2. How does the gear shift recommendation work? Does it recommend both the up shift & down shift of gears. In my car i get indication only for up shift and not for down shift of gears. During my extremely limited driving experience of this car, i have only seen up shift recommendation and nothing for down shift. Is something wrong here? Does the down shift recommendation kick in only after a certain gear (like indication to change from from 4 to 3 and not from 3 to 2)

Thanks
Hi,
The doors do not get locked automatically in my SX. I was told by another BHPian that the feature could be enabled on the SX variant using an equipment (something like the VAG COM I presume) at the Service Center. He tried to do that on his SX but it kept popping the error "Feature not available" or something like that. I will confirm this the next time I visit the service centre.

Up and downshift recommendations work just fine. But I do not see the down shift recommendation as often as the upshift ones.
Thanks
over.drive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2012, 16:09   #1720
BHPian

Thanks for clarifying my doubts.

Having spent some more time with the car, now I have got a hang of how the gear shift recommendation behaves. The down shift is not as frequent as the up shift ones.

@ over.drive- would wait for your update on the getting the auto door lock feature enabled on sx variant
champ27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 10:12   #1721
BHPian

Of late I am experiencing some problem in blue-tooth of my car. My voice while in driver's seat is not clearly heard by the other party. May be some problem in the car's microphone. Will check it during 3rd service. Has any body encountered with similar problem like this?

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 14:34   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying my doubts.

Having spent some more time with the car, now I have got a hang of how the gear shift recommendation behaves. The down shift is not as frequent as the up shift ones.

@ over.drive- would wait for your update on the getting the auto door lock feature enabled on sx variant
I have got this confirmed from HMIL, this feature cannot be enabled in the current batch SX cars.
Although, if you lock the doors manually through the lock/unlock button next to power window switches, the doors get unlocked on their own when the key is taken out.

If you really want the speed sensing autolock geature, you wil have to install the option security system which Hyundai has listed in the accesories list on their website. Apart from the speed sensing autolock, it brings some other features like, siren etc.
This security module costs around 5k, though i am facing a tough time trying to source one. None of the dealers are aware/stock this!
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 23:25   #1723
BHPian

I have planned to book 1.6 SX CRDI in a couple of weeks time. Verna Owners do please share the most practical mileage you get from your beauty and maintenance cost. Did any one get any discounts or other offers from any dealer in Tamilnadu, your directions will be highly useful when i step in for booking the vehicle.
crazyjeeperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 12:17   #1724
BHPian

Breaking news:
Verna to get updated suspension
GOW Exclusive: Hyundai Verna to get updated suspension |

Good news. But dont know when these cars with updated suspension will launch?
surd_biker is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2012, 13:30   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
I have planned to book 1.6 SX CRDI in a couple of weeks time. Verna Owners do please share the most practical mileage you get from your beauty and maintenance cost. Did any one get any discounts or other offers from any dealer in Tamilnadu, your directions will be highly useful when i step in for booking the vehicle.
Welcome to Verna Fludic club. As far as I know no offer on CRDI model as yet. Others may confirm.

As regards your other query about practical mileage, my experience is as below. My car is nearing 1 yr., has done more than 18k. All figures are with 100% AC on.

Highway driving- 4 persons- speed 100-120 : 18 km/lit
Highway driving- single- speed 80-90: 21-22 km/lit
Congested City- very short drive like 2 km a stretch- 12 km/lit.

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote