Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 13th September 2013, 13:47   #1951
BHPian

Default Re: Fluidic Verna: Slow Pickup

The Chevrolet Beat that I owned also had exactly the same problem. 1K to 2K RPM you could see cows and cyclists speed past you, after which it suddenly turned into a cheetah gone wild. Multiple complaints and an ECU remap later, nothing had changed, except my growing frustration in traffic. Eventually sold it.
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 14:34   #1952
Distinguished - BHPian

Just the fact that new age Petrol cars are too bad on low end torque which often compels you to downshift to 1st even negotiating a speed-breaker with full load while on older cars you can roll over in idle RPM in 2nd gear.

For ruling out your car alone, you may TD another one and ascertain yourself.

There is even a huge difference the way the F10D WagonR behaves in comparison to K-Series that suffers from relatively low Torque at lower RPMs
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 16:22   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
For ruling out your car alone, you may TD another one and ascertain yourself.
I bought the car almost in pre-launch stage, just because i was floored by the looks. At that time, dealers didn't even have a test drive car.

Yes, i tried another VTVT, I felt it had more or less similar lag issues as my car. I guess it has to do something with Hyundai technology.

But usually an ECU remap will help in such a case?

Last edited by furobiker : 13th September 2013 at 16:23. Reason: spelling
furobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2013, 15:25   #1954
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
I decided to have a look around as I remember from my past visits that they usually have TSB's on their notice board on the workshop floor.
And luckily I found this. Image attached.
My CRDI was due for the 10K service and I took it to the Trident Service in Seshadripuram today. I also wanted to replace the coil springs to fix the thud noise from the front suspension when going over speed breakers.

After the initial denial about the existence of any TSB (by the SA), some annoying responses, two test drives to recreate the thud noise and some discussions with the Service Manager, they agreed to change the front coil springs alone under warranty. I was asked to wait there and they called me while changing the coil springs. The part number is 54630-1V251 (have attached a low resolution picture). The technician told that the new coils have more diameter. With the dust accumulation on the current coil, I could not visually observe the increase in the diameter.

During this episode, they showed me another TSB issued for more suspension parts (Front, rear coil springs and some other suspension parts which I could not recollect), the TSB number is 13-54-102-RBi, dated Mar-2013. But both the SA and SM insisted that this TSB is not applicable to my car as it was manufactured in Nov-2012. I was not convinced though. I will see the performance of my car and replace the rear springs if required.

Each TSB has an effective date and VIN. The SM said that the TSB is applicable for the cars manufactured after the effective date and havings VINs greater than the VIN mentioned in the TSB. I refused to accept this logic. He also added that Hyundai issues TSB to fix errors from a particular batch and that too not all cars from the batch would be impacted, so Hyundai has asked them to replace the parts only if the customers report issues and the SA observes it.

Waiting to take the delivery this evening and see the difference in the thud noise. Will update.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-verna-coil-spring.jpg  

Last edited by Voyager-1 : 14th September 2013 at 15:26.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2013, 11:17   #1955

I had the first puncture yesterday. When i went to get it fixed today morning, there were multiple punctures on the corner side of tire and a cut on side itself. He fixed 4 of them but for the side one, says cannot be fixed. Get a tube and use this as spare tire.
Car is only 7 months old and 6K kms used..Is the tire quality so bad now. It came with bridgestone tires... yesterday had hit a pothole on the right and hence the result.
What do you guys say? Should i get the tube fitted or get the side wala puncture fixed as well ?

rgds,
- raj
ryadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2013, 13:17   #1956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryadav View Post
What do you guys say? Should i get the tube fitted or get the side wala puncture fixed as well ?

rgds,
- raj
You can use it as spare tyre after getting the tube fitted.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2013, 01:21   #1957
BHPian

Smile Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

I also got the running board, rim and sidewall of the rear driver side tyre damaged last year when I was taking the car out of my colony.
Apparently didnt see the metal object coming out of the wall where I took a left turn and bam.

the tyre and rim was repaired for 1200. Have kept it as a spare although haven't had a single puncture yet since delivery.
mani_jeenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2013, 08:33   #1958

Hi Guys - Does anyone know how the jack comes out from it's fitting. It is fitted or bolted tightly and could not figure out.
ryadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 08:10   #1959
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryadav View Post
Hi Guys - Does anyone know how the jack comes out from it's fitting. It is fitted or bolted tightly and could not figure out.
Actually very simple. There is just the wheel well at the bottom and clamp on top. The jack is just jacked up so that it sits tight between the two. All you have to do is take the jack handle and turn the jack screw anti-clockwise so that it will reduce in height and will come off the fit. Do the opposite to fit the jack back.

Hope this helps

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 13:42   #1960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
Waiting to take the delivery this evening and see the difference in the thud noise. Will update.
The thud noise is gone now. Only if we go over speed breakers above normal speeds, the thud noise comes, which I am fine. The front feels a bit more taut and I could feel the difference when going over the numerous potholes created by the monsoon.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 13:03   #1961
BHPian

Last week Installed Auto power window closer module on my two year old Fluidic from the service center at Trident IRR Bangalore. The Service center seems to not store this module and is procured from Showroom at Airport Road. It costed me Rs.1600 and took 20 Mins to install.

The window closure happen in the order of Right Side Front First and Back Next followed by Left side Front first and Back next and works automatically on external locking only.
shenoytech is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 13:11   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenoytech View Post
Last week Installed Auto power window closer module on my two year old Fluidic from the service center at Trident IRR Bangalore.
I was not aware of such an accessory for Verna, thanks for posting this. I assume the 'lock' button in the remote is tied to the window closing. Can this be fitted for all versions of Fluidic Verna?

Are you aware of any other such accessories (Glove Box light, Activating rain sensors, Auto head lights, etc..)?
Voyager-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 13:16   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenoytech View Post
Last week Installed Auto power window closer module on my two year old Fluidic from the service center at Trident IRR Bangalore. The Service center seems to not store this module and is procured from Showroom at Airport Road. It costed me Rs.1600 and took 20 Mins to install.

The window closure happen in the order of Right Side Front First and Back Next followed by Left side Front first and Back next and works automatically on external locking only.
I never knew that this feature can be installed by Hyundai A.S.S. Is it available only for Verna or for other models too? I'd like to get it done for my i20. Its always a pain/frustration when I realize that someone in the car has forgotten to close the window after I lock it. I need to again open the door and turn on the ignition to close the window.
guyfrmblr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 13:23   #1964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post

I never knew that this feature can be installed by Hyundai A.S.S. Is it available only for Verna or for other models too? I'd like to get it done for my i20. Its always a pain/frustration when I realize that someone in the car has forgotten to close the window after I lock it. I need to again open the door and turn on the ignition to close the window.
Obviously you can get it done in any car. Even, I had this in my erstwhile 2001 accent, which I sold off 2 months back
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 13:56   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
I was not aware of such an accessory for Verna, thanks for posting this. I assume the 'lock' button in the remote is tied to the window closing. Can this be fitted for all versions of Fluidic Verna?

Are you aware of any other such accessories (Glove Box light, Activating rain sensors, Auto head lights, etc..)?
Confirming it is the "Lock" button on your remote that will trigger the Auto Window closing and can be fitted to all versions of Fluidic Verna.

Not aware of other Accessories so far but will be continuously scouting for one and will update in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
It should be available for other models too, as my enquiry and installation was based on accessories display section of this Module for i20 at A.S.S.

I do realize this pain of closing, espiecially with back windows. Now out of sheer habit, I still wait for all the windows to close after I lock. Cannot trust machines all the times.
shenoytech is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote