Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 17th February 2014, 16:13   #2056
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDIsamir View Post
Intresting product. Try this link on aliexpress. The same product is available for around $21.

www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-original-Side-view-mirror-Folding-HYUNDAI-IX35-CANBUS-OBD-Auto-Side-Rear-View-Mirror-Folding/1317366083.html

Kindly let me know if you import one as i would be intrested.

Regards

Samir
I have already been in touch with this seller, they quoted me $13 per unit for 5 units and $60 for shipping, I think there would be some custom duty also applicable on this.

Could not get 5 buyers

I have sent an email to the seller again asking, what is the final cost for 1 unit and also if it works with Accent/Verna.

Last edited by revved_up : 17th February 2014 at 16:14.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 21:29   #2057
BHPian

Any of you guys hear a rattling noise inside the steering cluster while going on bad roads?
razorBlades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 11:21   #2058
BHPian

Yes. I had this issue. They replaced the steering column. That was a warranty replacement.
eethanhunt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 11:31   #2059
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Smile New variants for the Fluidic Verna!

Hyundai are stepping up their game with the Fluidic Verna after the launch of the new City. Serious competition is always a welcome thing for the consumers!

The mild facelift gave them the chance to make tweaks that have improved the suspension and steering (Sadly, the SX(O) variants lost 4 airbags with the change). And now, the excise reduction has given them a chance to revise prices. In addition, they have introduced new variants of the Fluidic Verna. The 1.4 lit. engines (both petrol and diesel) now get a new CX variant. Apart from this new variant, the automatic gearbox is also available on the SX variant with the 1.6 lit. engines (both petrol and diesel). Earlier the auto was only available on the EX and SX(O) variants.

This makes for an additional 4 variants to take the fight to the Honda City. The revised prices, along with prices for the new variants, are available here:

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Shoppin...ote/index.html

On the petrol side, all variants {except the SX(O) Auto} cost well less than 10 lacs. The diesel automatic variants and the 1.6 CRDi SX(O) manual are above the million rupee mark.

The 1.6 CRDi EX Auto still costs over one million rupees ex-showroom in Chennai. Hyundai have missed a trick here by not pricing the most affordable diesel automatic car in India below the 10 lac mark to attract the lower road-tax slab (10% against 15% for >10 lacs).

Hyundai are not taking the massive threat to their hard-earned leadership position in the C2 segment from the new City lightly. It will be interesting to watch this almost gladiatorial contest between the Verna and City in the coming months on the sales charts. As they say, God bless competition!

Last edited by RSR : 21st February 2014 at 11:48.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 17:12   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Does anyone know what is the purpose of the below?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TTC-Front-...#ht_4099wt_952

Attachment 1200869
GTO installed rubber ones in his civic. This is different material. you can measure the circumference and the gap between the springs and get in touch with this seller. he will send you the one that matches it in verna. I will also be getting in touch with this seller. Much cheaper and same stuff

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/car-c...043380718.html
mani_jeenu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 19:18   #2061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
GTO installed rubber ones in his civic. This is different material. you can measure the circumference and the gap between the springs and get in touch with this seller. he will send you the one that matches it in verna. I will also be getting in touch with this seller. Much cheaper and same stuff

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/car-c...043380718.html
Yep, I went throught the thread. I also contacted some sellers(local and aliexpress), from what I understood, this might not do much good to the lousy handling that Verna suffers from. Therefore, I decided to wait till i get to see some reviews from Verna users.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 21:21   #2062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Yep, I went throught the thread. I also contacted some sellers(local and aliexpress), from what I understood, this might not do much good to the lousy handling that Verna suffers from. Therefore, I decided to wait till i get to see some reviews from Verna users.
Dont think it would help much with handling but would prevent the car from bottoming out at speed breakers or potholes atleast when it is fully loaded. I am still thinking if I want to get it or not as I am the only user of the car for driving to office and the car is rarely fully loaded unless we are going on a road trip or family function.

Perhaps a sway/anti-roll bar may help with the handling ? Not sure but read about it in hyundai forums for the elantra

Last edited by mani_jeenu : 24th February 2014 at 21:23. Reason: added info
mani_jeenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 10:43   #2063
BHPian

Do we have any feedback from users of 2014 Hyundai Verna ?
I asked the SA to give me a TD of 2014 Verna and he mentions that they have tweaked their existing 2013 car suspension to be similar to 2014
I am sure it cannot be a tweaking difference and for that matter the car didn't look any different from what I drove few months back. He was surely fooling around.
On does the i20 and Verna behave equally bad on corners and high speeds due to their suspension or one of them is better ? I am in market for a petrol sedan or diesel hatch considering my budget limitations and was short-listing i20 CRDI or Verna EX VTVT. Apart from the 2 different segment, what bothers me is the highway handling especially after driving a VW Polo, Suzuki Swift and SX4 on long stretches without any issues.

Mods: Apologies in case this is a wrong thread, Since I couldn't find another thread, appreciate your help in pushing it to another thread
Cooltronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 12:34   #2064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
I asked the SA to give me a TD of 2014 Verna and he mentions that they have tweaked their existing 2013 car suspension to be similar to 2014
I am sure it cannot be a tweaking difference and for that matter the car didn't look any different from what I drove few months back. He was surely fooling around.
On does the i20 and Verna behave equally bad on corners and high speeds due to their suspension or one of them is better ? I am in market for a petrol sedan or diesel hatch considering my budget limitations and was short-listing i20 CRDI or Verna EX VTVT. Apart from the 2 different segment, what bothers me is the highway handling especially after driving a VW Polo, Suzuki Swift and SX4 on long stretches without any issues.

Mods: Apologies in case this is a wrong thread, Since I couldn't find another thread, appreciate your help in pushing it to another thread
Hi @Cooltronics

If you are in market for petrol hatch, why waste time on Verna, it's got a good petrol unit, but the Linea T-Jet, City & Vento TSi are much better IMO. Verna's handling is improved in 2014 model year, but the Linea & Vento handle much better & all three of them have very good petrol units.

With Fiat you would be doubly benefited with lowest service costs, as compared to all of the options.

In the City you get a spacious package + rear AC (its is almost equal in terms of features, barring the SX-O).

Not that the Verna is bad, but these cars' petrol units are better. In case you were in market Diesel equation would have changed a bit.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 15:25   #2065
BHPian

Okay, so after a lots of guts and gumption, here's my very first post in the hallowed halls of Team-BHP. (Okay, maybe that was a bit too much now). Nevertheless, here goes: I'm also in the market for an Automatic Diesel sedan and have finally narrowed down my choice to the Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDI SX (o) AT. I had a test drive yesterday and I did experience the turbo lag most users have spoken of. The steering feel seems to have improved though, since I had driven a manual Verna Diesel previously (given that it is an electric unit). The suspension seems to have been ironed out, though I can be sure only once I gun it to beyond 120. I did touch around a 100 and the car behaved like a diesel rocket and led to the grin on my face. I'm currently negotiating price and hope to book in April (post 4th) since Hyundai will receive its revised discounts list then. The AT is fairly slick and my left leg said a big "Thank you". My urban commute from home to office and back is around 27 km's in bumper to bumper traffic and the AT is a welcome relief. I need opinions on the insurance (zero depreciation) though. Any recommendations would be welcome. Happy motoring!

Mods: Please excuse if this is an incorrect thread to post in.
TheBigH is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2014, 13:10   #2066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
I have 2011-Sept Verna 1.6 CRDI & also have driven my sis's 2014 i-20 Asta petrol. My Verna is extremely notorious at rear due to it's soft rear suspensions which is clearly evident on wavy roads with full load, at speeds as slow as say 60/70 & beyond. I found 2014 i-20 is way better in this regard.

For me, steering of my Verna pose no problem till 130 kmph. Rather I enjoy the light steering in city & at parking slots. i-20's steering felt almost the same to me.

No experience of 2014 Verna yet. If any one has, please share. If it has stiffer rear suspension set up, can older Verna be made the same by replacing rear springs, suspension etc. If yes, what can be the approximate expenses ?

Cheers

Last edited by Chitta Pradhan : 16th March 2014 at 13:13. Reason: quote
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 17:07   #2067
Senior - BHPian

To counter Honda City threat, the Huyundai Verna now gets a GL Petrol Variant priced at Rs.7.17 Lacs (ex-showroom). This variant gets 1.4 Liter VTVT engine with 105bhp power & 138 Nm torque, mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.

Other features of the same are listed as under:
- Keyless Entry
- Manual Air Conditioner
- Electrically adjustable outside rear view mirror
- Driver information display
- Electric power-steering with tilt function
- Front seat back pockets
- Rear centre armrest with box
- Full cloth upholstery
- 2 DIN MP3 player with Aux-in & USB support
- 4 speakers with tweeters

However, it misses out on several safety features like ABS with EBD, rear disc brakes, rear parking sensors, speed sensing door lock, etc.

More details here:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/hyundai-ve...17-lakh-383337
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2014, 21:14   #2068
BHPian

Guys! I have a few questions regarding the reverse camera and sensor kit on Hyundai Verna. I own a 2011 model Hyundai Verna. Since I got my license, I've been using that as my first car. Now, the trouble is that I am very much used to this Reverse Camera and sensor-thingy. Next wednesday, I'll be taking delivery of my Maruti Swift (torque Blue ZDI), which, as you know doesn't come with any parking aid. So, my questions are:
  • What is the cost of OEM Hyundai parking aid kit?
  • Will hyundai guys sell and install it in a Swift?
  • OR Should I buy other units from after-market?

Actually, my preferance is towards this particular kit by Hyundai. So, I wish to install the very same kit in Swift too!

P.S. Expect an ownership review within 2 weeks!

Thanks, in advance!

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
S@ndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2014, 21:22   #2069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post
Guys! I have a few questions regarding the reverse camera and sensor kit on Hyundai Verna. I own a 2011 model Hyundai Verna. Since I got my license, I've been using that as my first car. Now, the trouble is that I am very much used to this Reverse Camera and sensor-thingy. Next wednesday, I'll be taking delivery of my Maruti Swift (torque Blue ZDI), which, as you know doesn't come with any parking aid. So, my questions are:
  • What is the cost of OEM Hyundai parking aid kit?
  • Will hyundai guys sell and install it in a Swift?
  • OR Should I buy other units from after-market?

Actually, my preferance is towards this particular kit by Hyundai. So, I wish to install the very same kit in Swift too!

P.S. Expect an ownership review within 2 weeks!

Thanks, in advance!

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
I Doubt that Hyundai guys sell the kit as an aftermarket product.

You can give it a try.

Otherwise there are many options in the market with HU or Rear View Mirror Display of Rear Camera which are quite good.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 17:41   #2070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I Doubt that Hyundai guys sell the kit as an aftermarket product.

You can give it a try.

Otherwise there are many options in the market with HU or Rear View Mirror Display of Rear Camera which are quite good.
You can buy the kit from hyundai but you will have to share the part number with them so that they can order it. Since it is integrated into the rear view mirror, that would also need to be ordered. From what I know, I had booked my Verna Fluidic 1.6 SX in Feb 2012. They upgraded all models with rear view camera in April attracting an additional cost of 16-17k so seems like an expensive affair.

My friend has a swift ldi and recently got a dual din touchscreen unit from a brand which I cant recall right now. It cost him 5400 bucks, I am sure it would have an add-on for camera as well purchased separately, if you want to consider that. Most chinese colour stereo units have an addon for camera.
Even Verna has plenty of after market stereos available based on Windows CE and Android with support for steering controls as well as rear view camera. Search on aliexpress.com for general idea about pricing and source it locally as shipping will be high owing to weight of the product.
mani_jeenu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote