Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2014, 22:18   #2266
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,544
Thanked: 1,076 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
I'm seeing condensation inside my front headlights while washing or during early mornings. I don't think this is normal , should I ask my ASC to replace these headlights under warranty ?
You are right, this is not normal. Push for headlight assembly change with your dealer. Not sure if this norm for Hyundai, but my Grand i10 has water droplet marks inside the fog lamps. The marks are as if water managed to enter the fog lamp, stayed there and dried.
This is not normal. Do not settle for anything less than complete assembly replacement. The dealer might try to convince you to anything cheaper than entire headlight assembly replacement.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 11:03   #2267
BHPian
 
santhosh_lv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

So, what is the advisable speed limit for Verna CRDI till the first service or first 1500 kms ? I have been told its 100 kmph
santhosh_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 11:09   #2268
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,848
Thanked: 3,236 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
So, what is the advisable speed limit for Verna CRDI till the first service or first 1500 kms ? I have been told its 100 kmph
These cars have no running in. However it is advisable to keep the rpm below 2000 for first 1000 kms. On the 6th gear at 2000 rpm you will cruise at 110 kmph. Short burst over 2000 rpm is good to settle the engine.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 11:14   #2269
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,544
Thanked: 1,076 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
So, what is the advisable speed limit for Verna CRDI till the first service or first 1500 kms ? I have been told its 100 kmph
Request you to refer the manual. Hitting 100 in 4th will have different rpm than hitting 100 in 5th. for eg. Grand i10 diesel has no specific running in procedure, infact, the running period dictates keeping the engine in 2000-4000 rpm range. I was surprised when I read it.
Your car manual will have further details for your car. Also, refer to the manual for all service intervals ( sometimes dealer provides different intervals or rather more frequent intervals than the manual ).
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 12:21   #2270
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: bangy
Posts: 252
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
So, what is the advisable speed limit for Verna CRDI till the first service or first 1500 kms ? I have been told its 100 kmph

Its been One month with Verna CRDi sx(o) option. All in all amazing experience.

To answer your question In Diesel Verna manual says " 85Kms first 1500 kms". i think it mentions RPM also not above 4k.


One Query to others on this forum.

ACC when switched on automatically siwtches to fresh air mode to get the cabin temp to settings. It stays in fresh air mode no matter what. Need to understand what happens next. Do we need to manually press the recirculation mode. I am fine with fresh air mode but in bumper to bumper traffic the smoke from the vehicles in front is sucked into cabin. This is very irritating specially if the vehicle in front is the diesel vehicle. I did not get a chance to read the manual though have read some threads which says we need to press the recirculation mode manually.

Last edited by Endofdayz : 1st August 2014 at 12:22.
Endofdayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 15:25   #2271
BHPian
 
Fusion2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 146
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
...
One Query to others on this forum.

ACC when switched on automatically siwtches to fresh air mode to get the cabin temp to settings. It stays in fresh air mode no matter what. Need to understand what happens next. Do we need to manually press the recirculation mode. I am fine with fresh air mode but in bumper to bumper traffic the smoke from the vehicles in front is sucked into cabin. This is very irritating specially if the vehicle in front is the diesel vehicle. I did not get a chance to read the manual though have read some threads which says we need to press the recirculation mode manually.
As you observe, by default, when you press the "Auto" button, it goes to Fresh air mode. However, you can then switch to Recirculate mode, it remains in this mode, even if you turn off your car's engine, and restart later.

However, if you put off the Auto mode, then next time you turn it back on, the circulation will again default to Fresh air.

So moral of the story is, never turn off the Auto Mode (at least, I don't).
Fusion2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 15:48   #2272
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: bangy
Posts: 252
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
As you observe, by default, when you press the "Auto" button, it goes to Fresh air mode. However, you can then switch to Recirculate mode, it remains in this mode, even if you turn off your car's engine, and restart later.

However, if you put off the Auto mode, then next time you turn it back on, the circulation will again default to Fresh air.

So moral of the story is, never turn off the Auto Mode (at least, I don't).

Bang on Fusion. Yes i do switch off AC when i switch off engine. Old habits die hard. with my swift i was advised in service center to switch it off for longer compressor life. So i thought even with this new car i need to do the same. So does it effect the compressor if i crank without switching of AC. If it does not, than i will never switch off the Auto.
Endofdayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 13:00   #2273
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 75
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Hello guys, I was getting the puncture repair in my car and saw the rusting in disc brake area. It's same in all the four disc. Please see the pictures and advice is it normal? It's just a 4 month old car.
Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-20140803-13.17.57.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-20140803-13.18.19.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-20140803-13.18.35.jpg

Last edited by raviacc2825 : 3rd August 2014 at 13:21.
raviacc2825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 00:30   #2274
BHPian
 
vsk2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Goa
Posts: 156
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

How good is the automatic gear on Verna 1.6 VTVT? Since it is a 4 speed do the engine feel strained at 100+. What will be the rpm while doing 100kmph. Will there be a drastic FE difference? My driving style on manual always gave the best FE(Highway and City). Another point is that on automatic extended warranty is not available.
vsk2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 08:35   #2275
BHPian
 
santhosh_lv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

I will partially answer your question - On Automatic extended warranty is available. I drive an 1.6 CRDI Automatic transmission and i took the extended warranty covering till 3 years. I have been told warranty extension availability for another 2 years during the 3rd year run.

On the diesel engine, the 4th gear is engaged anywhere between 70-80 kmph speed. I see about 2000 rpm at a speed of 100 kmph making the difference in FE between MT and AT at 1 km. A lot of reviews speak about verna running a old school gearbox which is boring to drive, however i am happy with my city and highway drive and more importantly verna giving a very reliable Torque converter gear box compared to DSG offered by VW.

FE - Consider a 2 km drop of FE in city and 1 km in highways


Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
How good is the automatic gear on Verna 1.6 VTVT? Since it is a 4 speed do the engine feel strained at 100+. What will be the rpm while doing 100kmph. Will there be a drastic FE difference? My driving style on manual always gave the best FE(Highway and City). Another point is that on automatic extended warranty is not available.
santhosh_lv is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 16:26   #2276
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Can anyone throw some light on why Petrol Verna is equipped with only 5 speed gearbox while diesel one got 6!
varunnahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 16:38   #2277
BHPian
 
vsk2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Goa
Posts: 156
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 5th August 2014 at 13:32.
vsk2009 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 5th August 2014, 19:11   #2278
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Look what just happened! :(

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-img_20140805_165247fdsf.jpg


3 day old Verna fell in the open pit covered by tree leaves. People around me told me that the manhole cover was stolen last night! I don't even know what to say...

Luckily the car was sturdy enough and i am not seeing and dents or scratches. Tyre alignment may be off though.
varunnahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 23:28   #2279
BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 999
Thanked: 292 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunnahar View Post
Look what just happened! :(

3 day old Verna fell in the open pit covered by tree leaves. People around me told me that the manhole cover was stolen last night! I don't even know what to say...

Luckily the car was sturdy enough and i am not seeing and dents or scratches. Tyre alignment may be off though.
That's just bad luck dude. If there is nothing serious to the car , just get up and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
You are right, this is not normal. Push for headlight assembly change with your dealer. Not sure if this norm for Hyundai, but my Grand i10 has water droplet marks inside the fog lamps. The marks are as if water managed to enter the fog lamp, stayed there and dried.
This is not normal. Do not settle for anything less than complete assembly replacement. The dealer might try to convince you to anything cheaper than entire headlight assembly replacement.
Thanks , car is with the ASC now , will push them to replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
Hello guys, I was getting the puncture repair in my car and saw the rusting in disc brake area. It's same in all the four disc. Please see the pictures and advice is it normal? It's just a 4 month old car.
This is normal. It's the same in my car as well.
stanjohn123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 15:47   #2280
BHPian
 
Naetik30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 105
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Its discounts galore on the Verna.

Offers for this month
1. 2013 verna - 1Lakh cash discount
2. 2014 verna - 12.5k cash discount + 60k worth Dubai holiday (on payment of 20k)

I booked my Verna last month and I got 20k cash discount + 25k exchange bonus.

Any body still interested on the 2013 Verna - now might be the right time.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review Stratos Official New Car Reviews 387 5th July 2016 11:49
Hyundai Verna 1.5 CRDi Diesel Automatic Test Drive - My Views VSG12777 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 12th January 2011 10:43
Hyundai Verna(VGT) test drive(torture drive) tsk1979 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 67 3rd October 2008 20:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks