Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 9th August 2014, 20:48   #2281
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

So, my friend just got his top end petrol auto model. They want 3K for an 'extra feature' where windows roll up automatically when the car is locked. They said they added it. I thought something like this can't be 'added'.

Any truth to this or just bullshit?
kumar2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2014, 22:37   #2282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
So, my friend just got his top end petrol auto model. They want 3K for an 'extra feature' where windows roll up automatically when the car is locked. They said they added it. I thought something like this can't be 'added'.

Yes. There is a separate module that can be added. It is available for all cars.
Naetik30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2014, 02:16   #2283
BHPian

Yes - not sure what it is called, up module or something I guess.
eethanhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2014, 02:49   #2284
BHPian

Quote:

It's called a window relay and costs 1500 when bought directly from Hyundai. It can be added to the car. I have inquired about it at my showroom in delhi and is compatible with i20 and verna. They have charged you almost double. Try inquiring separately from the accessories section and see if they give a different amount or another dealer.

P.S. you can also add security alarm to your car directly from hyundai for 2500. I have it installed in my verna and also gives automatic locking feature on starting engine which was not there earlier in my car.
mani_jeenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2014, 05:17   #2285
BHPian

Thanks guys. Will check on the alarm too. You mean these cars have remote lock but DON'T have an alarm?
kumar2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2014, 05:32   #2286
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is possible . It is also available in the market as auto rollup by many companies. And it just costs around 1000rupees. The dealer has definitely fitted at his end.
sunilsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 13:11   #2287

Verna Lovers!

Just got a shiny new Verna Petrol SX (carbon grey) a week back. Thinking of coloring the alloys black to give it a look. Did anyone on the thread tried to do so? Can someone give me pointers? Don't want to spend extra money on getting black rims as of now. Help appreciated
varunnahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 15:21   #2288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunnahar View Post

Verna Lovers!

Just got a shiny new Verna Petrol SX (carbon grey) a week back. Thinking of coloring the alloys black to give it a look.
First off varunnahar, Congrats on your latest acquistion.

Mentioning a new pick without actually posting an ownership thread of the same is not happeneing dude, get that up soon.

I have seen a verna in the exact same shade with black rims near my place. It really looks stupendous but unfortunately I don't have a pic of the same.

But I can share another bhpian's 1.6 Polo pic here, which is in a similar shade. You may probably get some idea of what might look appealing on your Verna:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc_2161.jpg  

Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 18:37   #2289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
First off varunnahar, Congrats on your latest acquistion.

Mentioning a new pick without actually posting an ownership thread of the same is not happeneing dude, get that up soon.

I have seen a verna in the exact same shade with black rims near my place. It really looks stupendous but unfortunately I don't have a pic of the same.

But I can share another bhpian's 1.6 Polo pic here, which is in a similar shade. You may probably get some idea of what might look appealing on your Verna:
YES, getting it out soon buddy btw those look after market purchase. I am talking about coloring the stock rims black. Is that doable?
varunnahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 19:29   #2290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

YES, getting it out soon buddy btw those look after market purchase. I am talking about coloring the stock rims black. Is that doable?
Hey dude I think you totally missed my point !!

The reason I pasted that pic on the previous post was for you to get an idea on how the color of the alloy matches the Car Colour. I did not actually mean for you to look for a similar Alloy.

I guess you are from Mumbai and there are surely loads of folks who can re-paint the Alloy to any desired Color/Finish.

I would have readily recommended couple of them if you were in Bangalore!!
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 21:16   #2291
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely Varun ! Though the Verna's diamond cut alloys have dual shades, they can take a new paint job. Please remember, IMO most of the times, repainting stock alloys may not give you a styling matching to one purchased after market as the stock alloys are designed and coloured keeping in mind of the overall design look.
santhosh_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2014, 18:30   #2292

Even I am experiencing the same issue with regards to condensation on the inside. I usually face this problem after a long drive at night.. at the very same spot, just outside the indicators
Akshay.Hemmady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2014, 21:09   #2293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
I'm seeing condensation inside my front headlights while washing or during early mornings. I don't think this is normal , should I ask my ASC to replace these headlights under warranty ?

You can see pic below for reference.
Attachment 1268048
John - Did you change anything with the headlamp assembly or did you modify the stock bulbs? 90/100 up gradation usually needs a slight expansion of groove which could lead to such problems. If its just the stock setup which is leading to condensation, you might get the replacement under warranty, so please do ask for the same. Condensation of moisture would lead to darkening of headlamp cluster after a while.

Last edited by santhosh_lv : 13th August 2014 at 21:15. Reason: adding more info
santhosh_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2014, 08:20   #2294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
John - Did you change anything with the headlamp assembly or did you modify the stock bulbs? 90/100 up gradation usually needs a slight expansion of groove which could lead to such problems. If its just the stock setup which is leading to condensation, you might get the replacement under warranty, so please do ask for the same. Condensation of moisture would lead to darkening of headlamp cluster after a while.
Yes Santhosh you are right. I had upgraded my bulbs to 100 and I think a slight modification has been made. This has been confirmed by my ASC also and hence I won't be able to replace it under warranty.

I am anyways planning for a xenon upgrade which means the complete replacement of the stock headlight assembly.
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2014, 08:45   #2295
BHPian

Quote:
Verna Lovers!

Just got a shiny new Verna Petrol SX (carbon grey) a week back. Thinking of coloring the alloys black to give it a look. Did anyone on the thread tried to do so? Can someone give me pointers? Don't want to spend extra money on getting black rims as of now. Help appreciated
This is what I've done to my car. You can try something on the same line.

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-photo-2.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-photo-12.jpg
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote